Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Feldco Windows

Started by Boris, November 16, 2005, 11:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

I hope they gave Scooniuos a free t-shirt after
buying all those windows.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

mrs. scoon

Quote from: menace2society on March 14, 2007, 09:28:04 PM
I saw the trailer there when they were installing the windows (was it last week?  my days are mixed up)  i've been eyeing a nice bow window to replace my 3 double hung.

It's wonderful!
You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.  - Eleanor Roosevelt

dukesdad

QuoteI saw the trailer there when they were installing the windows

Does Scoon live in a trailer? I bet it's a double wide.......nice!

mrs. scoon

Quote from: dukesdad on March 15, 2007, 09:55:20 AM
QuoteI saw the trailer there when they were installing the windows

Does Scoon live in a trailer? I bet it's a double wide.......nice!

Only when he's misbehavin!  ;D  ;D
You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.  - Eleanor Roosevelt

scoon

Quote from: menace2society on March 14, 2007, 09:28:04 PM
I saw the trailer there when they were installing the windows (was it last week?  my days are mixed up)  i've been eyeing a nice bow window to replace my 3 double hung.

It was last Wednesday...  I haven't forgotten about the price.  I looked at home but I couldn't find the sheet where the prices were broken down individually.  But I want to say they were upwards of 2K apiece...  but that included blending it to the soffits, etc.  If I find the info I'll PM you.

menace2society

Its a nice window.  Saw it again.  They seemed to have done a nice job from the outside.  Everything blends in well.

scoon

We, well, I was very leery as to what it was going to look like out there.  I was afraid that it was going to stick out like a sore thumb with the soffits, but I'm very pleased with how it blends in.  Now we have to get new soffits to match the windows.

Bear

Quote from: scoon on March 15, 2007, 09:13:18 PM

We, well, I was very leery as to what it was going to look like out there.  I was afraid that it was going to stick out like a sore thumb with the soffits, but I'm very pleased with how it blends in.  Now we have to get new soffits to match the windows.

No need, Even if they are aluminum,
they can be painted.

I just saved you 4k, you owe me a beer.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

scoon

If only Bear...  I don't think they would pass a bohemian inspection. 

Hogzilla

Since we are looking for windows I figured I'd revive this topic. We had both Feldco and Airetite quote on our house. Feldco was really pushy with making a fast decision. The more we dragged our feet the lower the price got. They also factored the energy tax credit into the final price, which has nothing to do with anything really.

Airetite had a similar product, really didn't notice anything better or worse about the windows or the build quality. One benefit we did notice was sliding windows were energy star rated with Airetite and the Feldcos were not. Their sales method was much more laid back. No pressure at all. He encouraged us to take our time and make sure we were getting what we needed and said "this is an investment in your home." Also, they were nearly $1500 less than Feldco.

I will post back when they are installed for a followup.
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."

biff.

We used Airetite for our windows and doors -- Very happy with the results.  Airetite has been back to make some door adjustments -- extremely polite and punctual!!!  I feel we make a great decision!!!  :) :)

Hogzilla

Great to hear! Thanks for posting.
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."

n01_important

Quote from: treeguy on November 17, 2005, 10:07:37 AM
300 per window!  Yeah right.  Maybe for bottom of the barrel vinyl.  In the past month,  have had 3 quotes for replacing my the windows in my 1939 brick georgian.  High quality, wooden windows that exactly match the current light design, with matching brushed nickel spoon locks and pulls START at $900 a piece installed.  We had Renewal by Anderson, Pella, and Milgard all give us quotes, and 900 per window was the cheapest.  And even with all that money spent, the windows will still be a pretty radical departure from what the originals look like.  I am now investigating having the windows rehabbed and the storms replaced.

Let us know how it goes with rehab'n your old windows.  I'm interesting in doing the same in the future.
Stupid fuck

PUPPYTAILS

Feldco just did our windows last week. They were very professional and we love the windows!

n01_important

Airtite got boku stars from Angies List.  Not sure about Felco, didn't check.
Stupid fuck

rbain

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

n01_important

boku = a lot.

term i picked up from my oriental college friends.  usually used to say "it costs a lot of money" as in "boku bucks".  couldn't tell you the origin or the language.
Stupid fuck

Bonster

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

n01_important

I never claimed to be a great speller or pronunciater  ;D

bookoo bucks
Stupid fuck