News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

The Decemberists

Started by BerwynBuffy, March 31, 2009, 12:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BerwynBuffy

The Decemberists anyone?
The 20somethings at work put me onto these guys. One of the Very few newer bands that actually have some talent!
Over Taxed, Over Worked and Under Paid = America!

tgoddess

They are AMAZING.  I saw them in November at Wheaton College.  The concert was in the building where they have religious services and the keyboard player ended up playing the pipe organ that was there.

FABULOUS show...extremely talented musicians writing really intelligent, good music.
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Bonster

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-ap-tv-colbert-decemberists-rematch,0,2427708.story

Stephen Colbert, Decemberists to square off again in rematch of 2006's 'Shred Down'

By Associated Press
12:16 PM CDT, April 13, 2009

NEW YORK (AP) — Stephen Colbert and his musical nemesis, the Decemberists, will face off again.

The Decemberists announced Monday that they will perform on Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report" on April 27.

Colbert and the band engaged in a mock feud in 2006 after Colbert accused the Decemberists of copying his idea of a fan-created "green screen challenge." The feud culminated in a much ballyhooed "ShredDown" in which Decemberists guitarist Chris Funk took on Colbert in a guitar solo contest.

Colbert claimed victory in one of the show's most star-studded episodes that featured Henry Kissinger, Morley Safer, Peter Frampton and former New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

buzz

Yesterdays' a.m. news (I think ch.9) stated the Decemberists will be at Lollapalooza this year.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

tgoddess

Oh, man.  This might be the year I break down and go.
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

scungili

Quote from: tgoddess on April 23, 2009, 09:08:01 AM
Oh, man.  This might be the year I break down and go.

This years line-up has some interesting artists.  I'm kinda surprised at the amount of "dancey stuff" ... besides the all the DJ's there's several techno, rap, new wave, electronica, and a buncha bands that blur the lines between these.  The Lollapalooza Blog has a "working" schedule thread.

Thor

Quote from: buzz on April 23, 2009, 07:59:58 AM
Yesterdays' a.m. news (I think ch.9) stated the Decemberists will be at Lollapalooza this year.

This sux!
Every other city their playing gets 2 nights. The first night is the new album start to finish, the second night is a mixed bag of music from their other albums.
With Lolla in Chicago we're only getting one show. No way I'm going to Lolla. I've had my fill of all day Rock n Roll shows.
Stop your whining and think the way I do