News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Fav Guitarist on the Planet - Fitzgerald's - July 1

Started by Robert Pauly, May 29, 2009, 12:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seebee

Do you expect it to be a madhouse? Huge following? I'd like to check him out, but not sure I wanna be crammed in like a sardine when it's 90 degrees out. The coupla youtube vids I see say he's pretty for real.

Bonster

That's during their American Music Festival - will probably be outside.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Robert Pauly

If you love a fat ass guitar plugged into a dimed Marshall or Matchless - the natural sound of guitar through amp - if you love Texas-styled rock, boogie and blues - if you want to hear the most tasteful guy on the planet - capable of playing with everyone from the Dixie Chicks, Mellencamp to his exemplary work with Storyville - you will brave the heat, crowds, DCOB and Berwyn wannabees from Oak Park to see this guy.  I'm pitching a tent at Dan's to make sure I get tickets.

Joe Ely is no slouch either - this band is all about Ely (singer / songwriter) and Grissom.  Pick up Joe Ely Live at Liberty Lunch for an appetizer.

seebee

Quote from: Robert Pauly on May 30, 2009, 08:24:13 AM
...you will brave the heat, crowds, DCOB and Berwyn wannabees from Oak Park

Awesome.

Bonster

Quote from: Robert Pauly on May 30, 2009, 08:24:13 AM
If you love a fat ass guitar plugged into a dimed Marshall or Matchless - the natural sound of guitar through amp - if you love Texas-styled rock, boogie and blues - if you want to hear the most tasteful guy on the planet - capable of playing with everyone from the Dixie Chicks, Mellencamp to his exemplary work with Storyville - you will brave the heat, crowds, DCOB and Berwyn wannabees from Oak Park to see this guy.  I'm pitching a tent at Dan's to make sure I get tickets.

I'm pitching a tent just reading your review. 

"Can't miss" stuff!
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

OakParkSpartan

Often times the big draws are inside the club, with the smaller acts outside.  I'm looking forward to this years festival.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato