News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

VMA 2009

Started by billyjean, September 14, 2009, 12:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billyjean

I gotta push to keep up on this stuff.  Anyway, how many have seen Lady Gaga?

I'm still scratching my head.  Do you think the end is controversial?

http://www.youtube.com/v/eVMrirZbNVc&hl=en&fs=1&

And now, Kanye West making a jackass of himself.

http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:mvideo:mtv.com:10253674

~LL~

For it to be "contrversial" I would think there would have to have been a point to it...  Garbage performance and where did this person come from -- or, is this really Paris Hilton?

Poor Beyonce.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Classof67

I definitely thought Kanye West got the Jackass award ONCE AGAIN.  I think he should be banned from the VMAs.  I liked the audience booing when his name came up for an award and it was such a good payback that he didn't win anything.

I thought Taylor Swift, for such a young innocent, did an incredible job of maintaining.  She was gracious and humble and her peers responded accordingly.  Big win for her all around.

Good post, Billy Jean.  I meant to do this one, too.

And as for Lady Gaga, more like Lady Gagme...some think the lady is a man.  Haven't heard any talent come from LG yet.  I'm sure she has many fans.  Just not for me.

BRoWN

I suppose its good to have a show that reminds us whats wrong with the mainstream part of the music industry. Maybe someday the masses will understand that it all should be about the music 

I hear someone who kind of looked like Madonna started out giving a tribute to Michael Jackson but ended up talking about herself instead.

Im sure i didn't miss anything related to actual music.

billyjean

Lady Gaga ... maybe she watched too many Alice Cooper videos er sumthin.

Why can't ppl just come out and fkn SING !!!????  Why does there have to be forced visual to go along with it?

Some of the VERY best have been one lone person holding a microphone and delivering an outstanding performance.  No frills, no chills.  Just a man/woman with great talent.

BTW, Gaga's voice isn't bad.  Unfortunate that you are too busy watching the chaos to notice.

Scouts Honor

Only John can drive somebody that crazy.

Bonster

Quote from: billyjean on September 15, 2009, 01:09:49 PM
Lady Gaga ... maybe she watched too many Alice Cooper videos er sumthin.

Why can't ppl just come out and fkn SING !!!????  Why does there have to be forced visual to go along with it?

BTW, Gaga's voice isn't bad.  Unfortunate that you are too busy watching the chaos to notice.
+1

I think it's cuz she just isn't very good looking, and figured all her giddy-up would help make a big splash.  And it did.
I thought Christina Aguilera and others before her stretched those limits to the max, but it appears the more these chicks can do with cheesier shit the more attn they're going to get.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

rbain

It all seems to have worked. You guys have been talking about it all day.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that none of us are Lady Gaga's target demographic.
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

billyjean

rbain (I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that none of us are Lady Gaga's target demographic.)

lmao.  You made me laugh with that one rbain. +1 to you.

Bon, I think you hit it on the head.

n01_important

This is why I don't have a mf TV.
Stupid fuck

billyjean

Talking heads were asking lots of ppl about Kanye West incident today on TV. 

There was a country star that said, good thing there were no good ole boys in the audience cause they would have delivered some good ole boy justice. 

Mickey Rourke was on too and he said, yeah, I would like to see him take that microphone from my hand.

BRoWN

MTV probably planned the West Swift and Knowles incident to get ppl talking, publicity and get ppl to watch the reruns they broadcast the rest of the week. 

Hogzilla

I love the Talking Heads.
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."

jqpublic

Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that.

Classof67

Quote from: jqpublic on September 16, 2009, 05:29:28 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20vxi_talking-heads-road-to-nowhere_music

:o

jq

Coincidental choice of Talking Heads song for BTF.... Road to Nowhere...

I always liked their clever lyrics.  David Byrne was a great front.

billyjean

You know sometimes you see a story and think a person is a jackass, and then later find out there are more jackasses, like the so-called victim Taylor Swift.

Brown, I think you are right.   I got to admit I really knew nothing, ZERO, about this gal, and apparently, from what I have posted below (a short radio interview with Swift) the masses did not know who she was either.  She looked innocent enough standing on the stage, star struck, winning an award and holding her trophy looking shy, etc. 

Now we all know this story has been all over the news.  People who NEVER KNEW HER BEFORE now know Taylor Swift.  She apparently has 10 more radio interviews after this DJ has her on the phone, and she tries to skirt the Kanye West incident 3 times.

Here is my take on it.  It was a total setup.  Because no one knew her and they want her records to sell, they had Kanye play the villan and go up there and DIS her, Beyonnce (takes her under her wing - a savior if you will and brings her on stage).  Swift was getting publicity like a mofo.

Now the event behind her, an event that told the world who the hell she was, she doesn't want to talk about it.  But what she DOES want to talk about is her new record coming out.

http://www.popeater.com/2009/09/18/radio-host-pushes-taylor-swifts-buttons/?icid=main|hp-desktop|dl2|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.popeater.com%2F2009%2F09%2F18%2Fradio-host-pushes-taylor-swifts-buttons%2F

Susan Boyle

n01_important

It will most likely help her career amongst white americans.
Stupid fuck

billyjean

I'm not so sure about that n01.

Some after thoughts.  That stunt had racial overtones to it.  If she knew about, and went along with it, she's an idiot.  If she didn't know about but her handlers did know about it, they are idiots.  If no one on her side knew about it (which I doubt), then Kayne West was using a stunt with racial overtones.  Black man being mean to so-called innocent white girl.  If West was asked to do it without knowledge by Swift or her handlers, then the record industry was using a racially tainted stunt to get publicity for her and him, and Beyonnce.

Dumb stunt all the way around, but if she knew about it, which now I think she did, I hope her career tanks.  She should know that if you go on the radio, that a DJ or whatever is going to ask about that incident, otherwise she would not have 15 radio interviews lined up all on one day.  Did she honestly think that these radio ppl were not going to expect her to comment on the incident?  Why waste their time?  That's what she was there for, to answer those questions.  She's a typical knothead.

I can turn like a doberman if you try to pull a shot.

BRoWN

lol....wtf....ill toss out some more fuel just fun here. Kanye and Taylor Swift are both under the Universal Music umbrella. Jay Lenos debut show on Monday that  had Kanye guest was on NBC. yep...NBC is owned by Universal.  Okay?  Now,  MTV and Lenos new show  are getting some great Neilson ratings. Beyonce looks like the compassionate savior..... Swift gets PR and looks like angel. Kanye (already known as a big mouth anyhow) scores points too....he gets more PR, lands lead role in a typical Hip-hop style marketing ploy as a "badd boy."  Watch....the three involved  will ALL sell even better. Yeah.... pretty interesting how Universal can string along these careers. You don't want to play ball?....then u r dropped from their label and  they will just find another puppet to market. There's thousands of others to fill your shoes.   

billyjean

You got that all figured to a T Brown.  If I wouldn't have stumbled across that radio interview, I might have gone my way thinkin ... oh poor Swift.  But when I heard her on that radio program I said ... wait a minute.  And now with your recap, it appears quite clear what was up.  You obviously know the business, Brown, because your analysis was very plausible.  

You be da man, Brown!