News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

VMA 2009

Started by billyjean, September 14, 2009, 12:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Leonard Lion

"There's thousands of others to fill your shoes."  

INFINITY...lol

Bonster

Quote from: billyjean on September 19, 2009, 01:03:19 PM
I'm not so sure about that n01.

Some after thoughts.  That stunt had racial overtones to it.  If she knew about, and went along with it, she's an idiot.  If she didn't know about but her handlers did know about it, they are idiots.  If no one on her side knew about it (which I doubt), then Kayne West was using a stunt with racial overtones.  Black man being mean to so-called innocent white girl.  If West was asked to do it without knowledge by Swift or her handlers, then the record industry was using a racially tainted stunt to get publicity for her and him, and Beyonnce.

Dumb stunt all the way around, but if she knew about it, which now I think she did, I hope her career tanks.  She should know that if you go on the radio, that a DJ or whatever is going to ask about that incident, otherwise she would not have 15 radio interviews lined up all on one day.  Did she honestly think that these radio ppl were not going to expect her to comment on the incident?  Why waste their time?  That's what she was there for, to answer those questions.  She's a typical knothead.

I can turn like a doberman if you try to pull a shot.

+1

Even if it wasn't the big sham it appears to be turning out to be, Taylor Swift still stank.
Did not she do the opening video for the CMT awards?  (was that the video she was getting the award for - don't know, wasn't watching)
That was half-assed at best, both in terms of singing and acting.
I don't always expect musicians to be fine actors, but at least decent vocalists, and if she is or expects to be the face of the genre it's in worse shape than ever.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

BRoWN

Actually, Taylor Swift is more of a true talent than most people realize.  I hope she can survive the BS an artist in modern pop music industry is subject to.

Bonster

Quote from: BRoWN on September 19, 2009, 11:51:41 PM
Actually, Taylor Swift is more of a true talent than most people realize.
No she isn't. 
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

BRoWN

More talented than most the company she was in at the VMAs. I'm not saying I'm  a fan.  She does have a history of paying her dues to get recognized, writing a lot of her own material and can play an instrument. More than  a just pretty singer. That's more you can say for many pop stars. She's also had some pretty impressive acheivements. Really impressive for the state of the industry today. She's really not a label fabricated star.     

Ted

Quote from: BRoWN on September 20, 2009, 09:15:01 AM
...  She does have a history of paying her dues to get recognized ...  

When I hear the term "paying her dues", I think of someone in their 30s or 40s who has worked a long time in a business before they are finally recognized (e.g. Patrick Swayze, Bonnie Raitt, etc.)

There is no way a 19 year old like Swift can be described as "paying her dues" since she is only 19.

Ted

n01_important

She could have polished a lot of chrome in that 1 year.   :coreyhart:
Stupid fuck

BRoWN

Quote from: Ted on September 20, 2009, 09:30:50 AM
Quote from: BRoWN on September 20, 2009, 09:15:01 AM
...  She does have a history of paying her dues to get recognized ... 

When I hear the term "paying her dues", I think of someone in their 30s or 40s who has worked a long time in a business before they are finally recognized (e.g. Patrick Swayze, Bonnie Raitt, etc.)

There is no way a 19 year old like Swift can be described as "paying her dues" since she is only 19.

Ted
She's been performing and  writing for a few years at the grassroots level. I've seen much easier roads to the major labels than hers. Besides IMO, "paying  dues" is acheiving something through hard work. When you finish 1st grade and move to 2nd grade. You've paid your 1st grade "dues."