News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Leon Redbone - Rialto Square Theater (Joliet) 1/29/2010

Started by billyjean, December 06, 2009, 02:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billyjean

Could be good.  I am resistant to seeing artists that once were and still are huge, grew older, and still perform.  There is always some level of disappointment.  But, Leon, in the old days was VERY good.  I wonder how he stands up now to his ole self.

http://www.youtube.com/v/Ajf9LvOKFu4&hl=en_US&fs=1&

scungili

I bet Leon still puts on a great show & doesn't sound like an old version of what he once was.

I hate that "dissapointment factor" and there's no way to tell other than going to the show.  Sure you can get an idea from recordings & youtube vids ... but something is lost when you're not actually at the show.

An upcoming show that looks great on paper, but the youtube vid makes me cringe a lil', is Robert Gordon and The Gang They Couldn't Hang featuring Chris Spedding (Roxy Music), Slim Jim Phantom (Stray Cats) & Glen Matlock (Sex Pistols) with The Honeybees & Hot Rod Hucksters opening.

I know the openers will be great & with that line-up behind Robert Gordon it should be awesome, but the vid I saw is like a geriatric tribute to "the days of old".