News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Global Warming?

Started by eno, December 27, 2011, 05:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eno

I think so!

In my garden, my Greek oregano, thyme, and even my rosemary are still doing fine (on 12/27); usually only the sage survives this far into (and through) the winter. Yesterday, I drove down 16th Street, and just East of Austin there were two back yards with climbing roses in bloom (one red and one yellow, pretty as could be).

I could have left my fig tree out.

Weird stuff!
"None of us have to settle for the best this administration offers: a dull, adventureless journey from one entitlement to the next, a government-planned life, a country where everything is free but us." - Paul Ryan

tgoddess

Eno,

My thyme, rosemary and lavender are all still doing just fine, too.  Though the broccoli FINALLY gave out about a week ago.
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

berwynson

Just wondering about the fruit trees which depend on those hardy, bracing cold winters, should mild temps. become the norm. Our big old cherry tree in the back yard of 1805 Harvey provided innumerable wonderful cherry pies...........berwynson

berwyn senator

Used to have two nice cheery trees in the back until carpenter ants destroyed them,they hollowed out the insides of the trunks.