Yuritzy Landscaping - Cannot Recommend

Started by LetsGoThrow, May 14, 2012, 04:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LetsGoThrow

I just built a new raised garden bed and a new perennial flower bed and needed to order some topsoil to be delivered to my house. I decided to support the local business and chose Yurtizy Landscaping on 39th.

It got to be around 5:00 on the day of the delivery and I wanted to make sure that everything was going as planned so called and they said that their truck broke down that day and that they would come the next day to deliver it. And while that was inconvenient, it was actually delivered the next day. Unfortunately, I hadn't ordered quite enough dirt so I called again.

Today, the delivery for the second batch of dirt was scheduled to be delivered after 3:00 so at 4:30 I called up Yuritzy and was told that they couldn't do it today - no explanation, just that they weren't coming. Instead, they will come next Monday.  :o I ended up arguing for my delivery fee back but there is no way I'm going back to that place.

Does anyone know of another Berwyn business that I can order future deliveries from?
For herbs and veggies, I usually go to Clover's or Good Earth Cafe.

pcm1112

Not a Berwyn biz, but I've had Tameling's deliver their garden mix to me several times for raised beds.  40% top soil, 40% mushroom compost & 20% sand.

Excellent stuff.

justme

Funny, when I was out walking today I saw a Yurtizy Landscaping truck parked on 26th and Grove. The guys were sleeping in the car. So they probably couldn't do it because they overslept  ;D