Cicero Getting a Sonic and a Fullers Car Wash

Started by NYWREB, January 18, 2012, 08:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang54

With all due respect Bob pre school would be a help but to me at this time its a unaffordable luxury. To me it tells the kids in kindergarden through senior year of high school to hell with you your path is already layed out and your screwed. It sickens me that in 2012 high school students have far less choices to choose a path than we did in the 60's. To me that reality is obsurd and frustrating. There are many strategies that can and should be used for the students who have already been in the system for years to turn their future around. NOW.

OakParkSpartan

Giving kids the best chance for succeeding in school is a "luxury"?

No wonder Morton has been a poor performer for so long.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

mustang54

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on January 31, 2012, 07:12:06 PM

Paying for preschoolers is a luxury when the older kids have to do without. You knew what I meant, quit being a smartass and twisting what I say.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: mustang54 on January 31, 2012, 07:15:55 PM

Paying for preschoolers is a luxury when the older kids have to do without. You knew what I meant, quit being a smartass and twisting what I say.

No, I am not twisting what you said, and I have no idea what you meant.

You have to start somewhere, and if that means having D100 provide preschool, that is great.

When D201 gets its act together, both academically and with the school board, then there will be some changes.  Preschool can help with the first, but not the second.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bonster

Question about the OT, wasn't the original Cicero (Sonic) location supposed to be on Ogden?  mustang54?

It's not enough of a draw for me to navigate my way to Cicero Ave. but I might have occasionally checked it out on Rt. 66.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

mustang54

Quote from: Bonster on January 31, 2012, 09:26:42 PM
Question about the OT, wasn't the original Cicero (Sonic) location supposed to be on Ogden?  mustang54?

It's not enough of a draw for me to navigate my way to Cicero Ave. but I might have occasionally checked it out on Rt. 66.
No Bon from what I heard from the beginning it was going on Cicero Ave. next to the new Fullers Car Wash.
Never heard anything about Ogden mentioned. I'm sure they saw the heavy traffic on Cicero Ave.all the public transportation,all the retail thats already there plus the Super Walmart talks and the opening of the Wirtz Beverage Company opening and it was an easy choice.

mustang54

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on January 31, 2012, 09:00:48 PM

You have to start somewhere, and if that means having D100 provide preschool, that is great.

When D201 gets its act together, both academically and with the school board, then there will be some changes.  Preschool can help with the first, but not the second.
You used to know what I meant. Oh I forgot your probably off tonight cuz Izzo and The Spartans got upset by the Illini! LMAO!!

Bonster

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

MindoverMatter

Quote from: mustang54 on January 31, 2012, 09:57:27 PM
Quote from: OakParkSpartan on January 31, 2012, 09:00:48 PM

You used to know what I meant. Oh I forgot your probably off tonight cuz Izzo and The Spartans got upset by the Illini! LMAO!!

Just for the record BERWYN has more than one K-8th grade district!  D100 currently has full time Kindergarten when D98 doesn't.  They say its a space issue. 

doradaexplorer