News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Meijer

Started by justme, August 14, 2012, 12:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy

The store may be clean, but the prices are crazy! I will never go there again, no matter if they have points or whatever. If their products are overpriced, their discounts don't help that much.
"Modern cynics and skeptics see no harm in paying those to whom they entrust the minds of their children a smaller wage than is paid to those to whom they entrust the care of their plumbing."
John F. Kennedy

chandasz

I was there last night. I thought the prices were good. Place is clean. Great produce selection. They are improving their organic offerings but that needs to get better still.

Diona

I believe Meijer is just like any other store, it has it's good & bad as far as pricing goes.  Not every store is going to have all the rock bottom prices on all our favorite or staple items.

littlealexa

I was there yesterday morning at around 830 am and what appeared to be the manager was having a pep talk near the plant section.  Telling them we have to get people to come back, be as helpful as possible, keep everything well stocked, etc., etc.  Some employee made a comment about starting to see people come often, such as the man that just came in, some more talk as I was looking at plants.  They talked about being ready for the holiday dash of folks. 

Then they were dismissed and whenever I would bump into an employee I was greeted with a smile and is everything ok or do you need help finding something.  They are doing their darnest to keep the customers happy.

Berwyn Patsy

The Meijer out here, of all the grocery stores around is my first choice for fresh produce.  Excellent
Fresh fruit.  I like the Deli counter, but usually only buy lunch meat that is on sale, same with thier salads.
You need to watch the expiration dates but that is also important in any other grocery store.  I like Meijer's and don't find the pricing bad at all
I have still to try the new Whole Foods that just opened up here.  The famous saying "Whole Foods, means whole paycheck", I will have to compare it to other stores!

Tuttles

The Meijer pharmacy is wonderful.  Prices are high on some things in the store, but I'm not a regular Jewel-Osco (or Dominick's) shopper for the same reasons.  I like the salads in the deli much better than Tony's.  They seem fresher.  Lunch meat & cheeses are less expensive at Tony's & Tony's has Boar's Head.  The sale prices & coupons are good at Meijer. Liquor section is good.  The produce I've purchased has been very good -but sometimes pricier than I would like.  I haven't been to Target in a long time b/c some of the non-grocery items I purchase there I have been able to easily pick up at Meijer. 

Bottom line - I still go to Aldi, I go to Tony's if I can get there early on a weekday.  Meijer is close to me, convenient, very clean, so if I'm in a hurry or shopping at a busy time of day -they definitely get my business.  Otherwise I shop there for the pharmacy & the sales.   It's definitely a good addition to our community.  I'm glad Meijer is here.

dukesdad

every time you transfer a prescription to Meier they give you a coupon for 10 or 20 bucks. I think we've also gotten free rotisserie chickens for moving scripts.

moose

Quote from: dukesdad on December 04, 2012, 12:32:04 PM
I think we've also gotten free rotisserie chickens for moving scripts.

Hmmmm. . . . . . chicken for drugs, interesting concept!
Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them. - Dr Seuss

buzz

Quote from: seebee on November 26, 2012, 06:35:15 PM
I check the ads every week for all stores around town.
Me too, and I try to use coupons when the stuff is on sale.
I like that Jewel-Tony's-Meijer triangle because I can consolidate my driving.  I end up going to different stores for different things.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

justme

Quote from: NYWREB on November 30, 2012, 11:14:53 AM
I do not use self checkouts - I have had my debit card # 'stolen' numerous times - when the card was still in my possession.  They are one of the top 4 most 'dangerous' places to use your credit/debit cards... 

http://www.creditcardassist.com/blog/4-most-dangerous-places-to-pay-with-a-credit-or-debit-card-23200/

It also happens at Wendy's, Michael's, Barnes and Noble...etc. It can happen anywhere. And even if you rarely use it, the pros can eventually get your number. They play around with number combinations all the time until they hit one that works. Then they make up a fake card and try it out at gas stations and any place where you scan your own card. I had that happen to me many years ago when I didn't even use my debit card-someone was charging a lot of gas transactions one weekend on the south side with my card. The bank I was with at the time did an investigation and eventually they did catch them and sure enough they had a counterfeit card made up with my number and their name.

Eh, these days it's a risk to carry cash and it's a risk to carry an debit/credit card. 

rbain

I'd like to commend Meijer's for greatly improving their Bourbon selection!
Blanton's, Knob Creek, Buffalo Trace, TWO offerings from Four Roses!
The scotch selection is slightly improved, too.

Rum needs serious work, though. Plenty of spiced rums, but nothing other than Bacardi products otherwise.
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

Tuttles

Meijer gave us a chicken just for stopping by and asking about their pharmacy!  I saw a flyer & sent my husband to inquire about their pharmacy & hopefully bring home dinner -which he did.

Bonster

Quote from: rbain on December 09, 2012, 03:01:06 PM
I'd like to commend Meijer's for greatly improving their Bourbon selection!
Blanton's, Knob Creek, Buffalo Trace, TWO offerings from Four Roses!

Wow!  That's great to hear.  Looks like I'm going to have to do the shopping next time.  :)
Thanks for the tip.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"