What's up with BOUNCE SPortsplex

Started by NYWREB, September 16, 2012, 11:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYWREB

They had a grand opening, and the signs in the windows still say Opening September, 2012 - but looking inside while walking by for Oktoberfest- they don't seem anywhere near ready to open.

Anyone have any info on when they are really opening?

Bonster

Just over two weeks from now, per the Tweets:

BounceNation2 Excellent addition to the senior team with Tim Dennehy. Will be great for the kids...
5 days ago · reply · retweet · favorite

BounceNation2 home stretch - 4 weeks to open... need turf, netting, machines, hvac and electrical! thanks to bouncenation for support!
12 days ago · reply · retweet · favorite

BounceNation2 Construction going well. Laying cement! Once that is in, the process will fly...
25 days ago · reply · retweet · favorite

BounceNation2 Bounce second location deal is done. More in next 30 days! Now trying to get icehouse done - three locations by 2013! 5 by 2014!
35 days ago · reply · retweet · favorite
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

MindoverMatter

Two weeks it will open they are taking registration.  Excited to see it open.

LetsGoThrow

Drove past tonight; doesn't look anywhere close to finished. Did anyone go to the "grand opening" a couple of weeks ago?

MindoverMatter

They had issue with Comed.  They are up and running now.

The Jackal

Drove past last night and it looked like they were done or close to done...some activity inside as well.

Robert Pauly

Had my son there for a baseball clinic on Saturday.

The Jackal

Went with my son and daughter today. VERY accomodating staff. Great place for baseball and soccer players. Four batting cages, three pitching lanes, field turf soccer pitch, and half court basketball. Definitely will be back.

seebee

How does the place "work?"  Are there specific hours? Walk in, or appt only? I tooled around their site for a few sec yesterday, and only left with more questions.

The Jackal

There's an hourly or per use rental fee for each portion of the facility. I paid the fee for the batting cage and pitching lane. The staff let my kids run around the turf field for awhile sans charge. I imagine as the place gets busier that might change.

The turf field isn't really suited for competiive match play (soccer), but it IS ideal for training. I already know at least one club from a surrounding community that uses it. Hopefully a few others will as well. It appears suited for lacrosse training as well.

I've seen a couple of baseball teams use it for infield practice, but the field turf makes for a VERY fast surface. Might be difficult to take ground balls hit with any type of pace on them. The low ceiling negates any work on fly balls.

Its like a VERY mini version of The Max, with a low ceiling.