News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Babysitter recommendation

Started by treeguy, November 30, 2012, 12:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treeguy

We are looking for a babysitter who can come to our home for a few hours on request.  We have 2 children, ages 15 months and 2.5 months.  I'd like to get out and do some Christmas shopping, see a movie, that sort of thing.  I've checked with churches and high schools for contacts but they don't do babysitting clubs or even referrals anymore because of the liability.  So, I thought I would give you all a try.     :)

dukesdad

We always use one of the guys from the Cicero Home Depot parking lot. Our kids are older though, 33 and 35.

Mrs.Pete

Sandy

"Modern cynics and skeptics see no harm in paying those to whom they entrust the minds of their children a smaller wage than is paid to those to whom they entrust the care of their plumbing."
John F. Kennedy

Tuttles

I was thinking about checking with the YMCA b/c they offer a babysitter training class -so they must have some graduates looking for work.

I have a college aged young woman who baby sits for me occasionally.  I don't know about her experience with really little ones -but feel free to send me a personal message. I can get in touch with her for you.

Also at Concordia University and maybe Dominican-there are students in Child Development program I think who are often looking for babysitting jobs.  I think they may even post somewhere at the school.  I know of people who have gotten sitters through there.  I'm not exactly sure how you can find out -but maybe someone at the universities can help.  My husband and I do not get out enough ourselves!