News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Jets overhead Sunday p.m.

Started by marie, November 09, 2009, 09:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marie

DId anyone hear the very loud and low flying jets over Berwyn at 5:10 on Sunday evening?  I've searched everywhere and can find no answers.

dukesdad

I heard them too. There were low flying jets over downtown Chicago on Friday, kinda startled everyone in our office.

Diona

Yeah we heard them too.  We were in the middle of dinner when we heard them & the house shook a bit because they were soo low.

My husband said they were fighting jets.  He wanted me to put on the news to see what was going on because we had never heard them before at home.

PamF

They also flew over Forest Park.  I just assumed they were low flying jets enroute to O'Hare.  Guess I should have run outside with a camera.  Rats!

scottymac

I heard them leaving my downtown office Friday evening. Walking past the Willis Tower and hearing that sound, you can't help but think one thing. If it was August and they were warming up for the Air Show, it would make sense.

I kind of forgot about it until the Bears game and they had a flyover at the end of the National Anthem, so that answered that.

I heard, then saw them Sunday evening headed north-northwest. Actually all you could see were two red flashing lights in the sky going unbelievably fast.

Was there a Chicago Fire game yesterday? That's what the neighbors and I were speculating. That since they were in town for the Bears game, they might as well shoot over Toyota Park in the evening.

Man those things are fast!

dukesdad

I think it was too late for it to be the sames jets from the Bear flyover. Those guys fly out of some remote base, circle for a few minutes 'til they get the signal, scream by Soldier Field and are back where they came from before the Bears fumble the first time. The downtown jets on Friday combined with the Fort Hood situation, made a lot of folks uneasy.

renovatorbear

i was lying down having a nap (bedroom is top floor attic) and it sounded like it was coming down on us! scared the crap out of me and the dogs!  ;)

Diona

dukesdad that was exactly what my husband was thinking, that's why he wanted me to put the news on so we could see why they had flown over.

There wasn't anything on there, so we still have no idea what they were doing flying so low & fast flying all over the place.

Boris

I was outside, and saw them. 4 fighter jets flying in wide formation, about 2000 feet up and 1000 feet apart. Going very fast, due east.
Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller