News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Haunted Condo

Started by scoon, May 12, 2006, 12:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoon

Quote from: Bear on May 11, 2006, 07:07:42 PM
Scoon, we anxiously await the haunted condo story...

Ok, here's the scoop...

My friend Amy bought a row house in Bucktown that was converted into a 3 flat probably about 60 years ago.  Since she moved in she always felt this "white" presence around the place.  At first it seemed like a young boy who would do mischievous stuff like turning on her lamp. No big deal...  It's an old fashioned lamp with the twist switch. 

She would go out at night turn off the lamp, and come back to find the lamp turned on.  Kinda harmless.  She really thought nothing of it.

Amy was OK with the "boy"... even when he got bolder and would turn on her fan every once in a while.  Good fun she thought.

This went on for a few years until about a month back.  Things start getting weird.

Amy is sitting alone on a Thursday nite and suddenly the light starting dimming and coming back up like a six year old using a dimmer switch for the first time.  She's getting a little freaked out.  So she says, out loud, "Are you trying to tell me something?"

The light goes out.

So she assumes the answer is yes as she turns it back on...

Saturday nite she has a few friends over before going out to trendy North side places.  She tells them about the "freak occurence" and they really don't believe her and suddenly the light starts going bright and dim again.  Brighter than it was.  And then almost out.  Over and Over.

Amy walks towards the lamp.  And it goes black....

She walks away and it turns back on.

Her friends, with chills going down their spines, want to get the F out.  On her way out, Amy turns around and decides to turn the lamp off again.

Needless to say, when she came back home.  The lamp was on again.

But... here's the very odd thing.  ALL the lights were on in her neighbors apartment.  3am.  No one is in there.  He died in a skiing accident 4 months ago.

<editor's note:  she's telling me this over the phone, after having seen the light on in her condo after seeing her turn it off, and I'm getting chills down my spine.>

So Amy goes inside and has it out with this... thing... this spector... this ghost... this poltergeist...  whatever...

"We're having trouble communicating.  Please try to communicate with me."

Amy plugs in her cell phone, on her night stand, and goes to bed.  An hour or so later she awoken by her cell phone ringing once.  Only once.  It's all lit up with the numbers "88" dialed in...

Needless to say Amy is freaked the F out at this point and does not sleep the rest of the weekend.

To be continued....

Bear

Oooooo....Scary stuff kids!
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

smitty

So whats the latest happening at Amy's? This is good!

Bonster

good catch, smitty...
what happened, scoon?

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

scoon

Totally forgot to reply until Brian reminded me.

Recently Amy has started to date a guy and her friend isn't happy about it.  Her condo has two doors in her foyer...  One night she came home, unlocked the outside door to find her inside door unlocked and open.  Like a dumbass she didn't call the cops and went inside.  Things were knocked off shelves, drawers opened, etc...   Nothing was gone, but it was almost like someone tossed the place.  Of course, all the lights were on again.

Bru67

Wow.  Sent chills down my spine too.  That's even scarier than watching Mark Buerhle start a game.  Keep us posted on this.