News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

New Restaurant

Started by Diona, March 10, 2011, 07:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Jackal

Peridot,

Just talked to the owner of Bailey's.....know him VERY well, and he didn't mention anything about closing up shop in Westmont. Will have to ask next time I see him. Btw, the owner of Bailey's is the same guy who owned the old Yankee Doodle Dandy in the Cermak Plaza YEARS ago....

renovatorbear

Quote from: The Jackal on April 15, 2011, 04:42:47 PM
Well, if its the people from Crystal Sky Banquest, I HIGHLY DOUBT you'll be seeing any Bohemian food on the menu.

I was told it's the people that own/run Crystal Sky.  And that hopefully they will find a way to improve upon the food they currently serve at Crystal Sky, where we've eaten only once and never again.

The Jackal

Wow, that's odd...I had my kids Baptism there...and have been there numerous other occassions, and for banquet food, I found it pretty good. But of cousre, haven't been there in a year or two.

renovatorbear

i heard it changed owners.  that it once was good, but now not so much...  we went a year ago.  it was not good.

The Jackal

Are you talking about the place in Mc Cook, or the place in Berwyn?

wrng sde a da tracks

not being a food critic, but being a full blooded bohemian I can tell you both are as close to moms cooking as it gets... and berwyn has czech plaza on 22nd, not bad either   great bang for your buck at all three

Diona

I wonder what is taking so long with them opening the restaurant? 

Anybody in the "know", know what may be going on that it's taking a long time for Jelly-Jam to open up?

Diona

When we were walking along Cermak on Wednesday evening coming from dinner. I looked in the window of this restaurant, it has alot of paper on the window, but a little piece was ripped.

Anyway...there doesn't appear to be much work done on the inside.  Guess the hubby & I will have to wait a little longer to check this place out for breakfast, if EVER!

Sherman

Mother's Day is gone?!

Where the Hell am I supposed to get a plate of Gyros and eggs after a night of binge drinking, then? ;)

Ted

Quote from: Sherman on September 10, 2011, 02:54:20 AM
Mother's Day is gone?!

Where the Hell am I supposed to get a plate of Gyros and eggs after a night of binge drinking, then? ;)

Mothers Day is on Cermak Road west of 1st Avenue and east of 17 avenue.

renovatorbear

I noticed that they have a Help Wanted sign in the window of this place now...

Diona

I actually saw a sign in the window saying the restaurant is coming soon & they are taking applications along with a number to call.

So maybe...just maybe they are going to open up soon.... :coreyhart:

renovatorbear

Drove past today and noticed that it's now open. Anyone tried it yet?

Diona

I don't think it's open yet??  Then again it's been closed for so long that I don't even look at the restaurant anymore...lol

I will have to look extra close when I go by on my bus tomorrow to work.

renovatorbear

The windows were uncovered (finally) and there were people seated at tables.  Looked like wait staff was working and I'm pretty sure the "open" sign was lit. But I was driving...

Diona

Yep, you were right.  I saw it this AM going by on the bus.  I've not really looked at the place in so long, didn't even notice they were open.

Peridot 16

Quote from: The Jackal on April 16, 2011, 08:43:06 AM
Peridot,

Just talked to the owner of Bailey's.....know him VERY well, and he didn't mention anything about closing up shop in Westmont. Will have to ask next time I see him. Btw, the owner of Bailey's is the same guy who owned the old Yankee Doodle Dandy in the Cermak Plaza YEARS ago....

Bailey's closed...new place called Bakersfield.

justme

Quote from: Peridot 16 on April 13, 2012, 03:30:08 PM
Quote from: The Jackal on April 16, 2011, 08:43:06 AM
Peridot,

Bailey's closed...new place called Bakersfield.

Yep, they planned on closing for quite awhile. Bakersfield is a branch of Standard Market across the street

Tuttles

We had breakfast at Yia Yia's on Friday morning.  Overheard the wait staff talking about the new place (is it called Jelly-Jam?) on Cermak.  One of the waitresses sounded really upset b/c the new place has some of the same menu items as Yia Yia's. 

Truthfully, I don't know why she was worried -all the restaurants like that more or less have the same/similar items on their menus.  Yia Yia's was pretty crowded for a weekday morning -so I don't think the new place is taking all their business. 

I rode the Cermak bus on Friday & could see that people were dining inside when we drove past.  Someone will have to try it & report back to us.