News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Waste Management needs to go!!

Started by berwyn senator, November 06, 2013, 03:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

I am very tired of going out in the alley after the primadonnas go through.Small papers and bits of garbage scattered about.Garbage containers are never put back in there proper place,some are left out in the alley.God for bid,that all small articles left next to the garbage container be picked up,some are others are just left.What I'm referring to are articles under 25lbs. why pick up some and leave others? our alley is starting to look like shit.Yes there are some low lives who don't follow the rules,but why leave such  mess? I get sick when I get my bill for garbage removal!

menace2society

Part of the blame should go to these stupid trucks.  People throw loose garbage in their can, it's dumped into the front bucket, and then it's brought to the top of the truck and dumped inside of it.  There's nothing covering the garbage in the front bucket and the wind grabs everything loose and blows it all over.  Who's the genius that designed a garbage truck like this?  Bring back the old trucks with the guy riding on the back.

buzz

Are we through with the pick-up of yard waste ?  Got 6 bags they didn't take this week.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

berwyn senator

We have had the same issue for a few weeks! With this warm weather one would think they would have some common sense and extend the date of last pick up. I get so tired of the neglect,sometimes they take articles sometimes they don't so the residents just leave the articles in the alley. Cicero makes sure there is nothing left in the alleys and is picked up promptly,I am waiting for the day when the people from waste management come with white coat to pick up our garbage.We have had a rat problem for years I wonder why??

buzz

Well, I'm not having the problems you have in your area.  Neighbors have been good and if something does pop up I call the 800 number, but that's pretty much useless on weekends.
So, does anyone know the cut off date, cause I'm way behind !

buzz

Last Monday was a holiday !  Maybe they're just 1 day behind.  Hope so.

Sandy

Yard waste starts on April 1 and ends on November 30.
"Modern cynics and skeptics see no harm in paying those to whom they entrust the minds of their children a smaller wage than is paid to those to whom they entrust the care of their plumbing."
John F. Kennedy

buzz

justme

Quote from: berwyn senator on November 06, 2013, 03:27:06 PM
I am very tired of going out in the alley after the primadonnas go through.Small papers and bits of garbage scattered about.Garbage containers are never put back in there proper place,some are left out in the alley.God for bid,that all small articles left next to the garbage container be picked up,some are others are just left.What I'm referring to are articles under 25lbs. why pick up some and leave others? our alley is starting to look like shit.Yes there are some low lives who don't follow the rules,but why leave such  mess? I get sick when I get my bill for garbage removal!

It's normal for us to have plastic bags,papers, smashed up frozen food trays,etc. after WM has been through. Last week, they left our garbage container 3 doors down...still wondering how they hell that happened....

berwyn senator

Our containers are all over the alley after pick up day,in order to drive through you have to get out of your car and put them back in place. Also the job of cleaning the alley which some will not do.The problem with WM is the drivers do as little as possible, are they on a time schedule?,pushed by the CO. and the Co. doesn't care,only the bottom line. .Example, there has been a couple of pieces of wood left in our alley for a month.They are light in weight  one has been smashed in the alley,other small articles also remain,the 800 does not seem to work. Must say the residents are lazy and have not picked up the wood, and town does nothing!.Boy! I sure remember years back,neighbors were so clean,sweeping and picking up the mess in the alley,and yelling at the WM drivers for making the mess they had respect for their property and Town..

justme

Quote from: berwyn senator on November 17, 2013, 10:27:27 AM
Our containers are all over the alley after pick up day,in order to drive through you have to get out of your car and put them back in place. Also the job of cleaning the alley which some will not do.The problem with WM is the drivers do as little as possible, are they on a time schedule?,pushed by the CO. and the Co. doesn't care,only the bottom line. .Example, there has been a couple of pieces of wood left in our alley for a month.They are light in weight  one has been smashed in the alley,other small articles also remain,the 800 does not seem to work. Must say the residents are lazy and have not picked up the wood, and town does nothing!.Boy! I sure remember years back,neighbors were so clean,sweeping and picking up the mess in the alley,and yelling at the WM drivers for making the mess they had respect for their property and Town..

I have called the city a few times after a few people left couches, mattresses, etc out and they sat there for a few weeks. What happens is that Public Works picks them up and then the ones who left it out get fined around $200 for the special PW pickup. I don't care. Screw that. I don't feel like looking at an old beat up couch for weeks on end and then God knows what will start living in there. All it takes is a call to PW or WM to come do a special pick up but some residents are too lazy to do that. Well guess what? Some of us are sick of the laziness and lack of pride and respect for this city.

berwyn senator

Thanks this never worked for me in the past,but I will be on the phone Monday morning.I really care about Berwyn,maybe I have to many memories of what used to be,and expect to much from a different generation?

justme

Quote from: berwyn senator on November 17, 2013, 05:37:26 PM
Thanks this never worked for me in the past,but I will be on the phone Monday morning.I really care about Berwyn,maybe I have to many memories of what used to be,and expect to much from a different generation?

Start with the building department, not public works. That is how I have gotten best results so far.

And I think it's truly the generation of not caring, not being respectful and being self-centered. A few weeks ago, I had to run to the currency exchange on Cermak and Home. In front of me was a woman in her pajamas. They didn't "look like", they WERE. Later I saw her shopping at Meijer. No matter how much of a lazy ass day I am having, I manage to get dressed before I go somewhere, anywhere. To me, it's a respect for others. I walk down the street and see empty bottles, papers, fast food bags,etc and I pick them up. I try to do my part to take some sort of pride in my block. Hell I called a few weeks on the people who rent the house across from us because their grass was well above my ankles. Yeah I know they are renting but if they don't have a mower then hire someone. It's not hard.

People can say what they want but this city is dirty. It's a combination of people just renting and people who just don't care. Makes it hard for us who do.

scams1

They have missed my yard waste pickup every other week since late September. I called on Saturday and they are going to pick up on Monday. I had to connect to the commercial line because it was the weekend. Yard waste pickup continues until December 31 as confirmed by the city and waste management.

buzz

Quote from: scams1 on November 18, 2013, 03:26:04 AM
I had to connect to the commercial line because it was the weekend. Yard waste pickup continues until December 31 as confirmed by the city and waste management.
Thanks...good info

Boris

Have any of you tried calling Waste Management?

This spring, I have 5 large bags of yard waste very neatly stacked in front of my bins. I didn't realize that WM had two trucks (three, actually) and thet the guy who empties the bins is not the same truck that collects yard waste (though thinking about it for just a second, it makes perfect sense)...

...anyway, the first guys tossed all of the bags of yard waste in front of the garage door, rather haphazardly. I called WM. Not only did they have a guy there to get the yard waste within 15 minutes, later that afternoon a supervisor stopped by the house to apologize, and make sure everything was okay with us.

Their customer service is top-notch.
Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

buzz

Quote from: Boris on November 18, 2013, 01:37:56 PM
Have any of you tried calling Waste Management?
Can you read ?
My pickup is Friday and calling that evening or over a weekend is a waste of time.  I've done it. 
You may be getting great service but it appears many are not.

buzz

also...when I spoke to them I was told they were overwhelmed by the amounts in our area and would guarantee removal by Tuesday at noon.
Confirmation #468377

~LL~

Quote from: buzz on November 16, 2013, 05:55:42 PM
Last Monday was a holiday !  Maybe they're just 1 day behind.  Hope so.

Last Monday was a 'holiday' -- but per Waste Management it was not for them and they were picking up on normal schedule.   I called because they picked up everyone else's trash/recyclables/yard waste except ours[[and yes - bill is paid.  I got no apology and nothing more than, "We will pick it up next week on your regular day."  Color me pissed...  I wrote a letter to WM - but won't be holding my breath.  Granted, this was the first time this happpened -- but it was the attitude of the Customer Service Rep that bothered me most.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

berwyn senator

They're probably overwhelmed by all the cans at homes with the illegal  conversions.They only pay fees for a single family.Oh I forgot Real Estate taxes? and all the extra children in the schools.May be WM discovered something new going on in town???.Guess who pays?