News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Waste Management needs to go!!

Started by berwyn senator, November 06, 2013, 03:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

How can a company allow its employees to be so lazy?Again no garbage pick up. In our alleys,its pick and choose what they take, In a good strong community this would never be allowed to happen,fired they would be! Maybe we should start putting ribbons and deodorizing the cans ?

Howard

This is twice our garbage hasn;t been picked up. But I am sure they will take it of our bill.

justme

I think Carol Marin at NBC should be contacted to look into this....

berwyn senator

Carol has been tough on Berwyn,I will be in City Hall Monday morning.

jfrickind

I called Waste Management on Friday when my trash wasn't picked up on Wednesday.  They informed me that Berwyn told them the alleys would not be plowed and to not run the route on Wednesday.  I plan to call city hall today to determine if I will still be charged for this pick up that wasn't.

JD

justme

Quote from: jfrickind on February 10, 2014, 09:40:23 AM
I called Waste Management on Friday when my trash wasn't picked up on Wednesday.  They informed me that Berwyn told them the alleys would not be plowed and to not run the route on Wednesday.  I plan to call city hall today to determine if I will still be charged for this pick up that wasn't.

JD

Are you kidding me?? The city should have done robo calls to let residents know. Geez, I see alleys with overflowing garbage everywhere and I am sure there are 4 legged creatures getting some good meals. When we have a rat problem, the city will have no one to blame but themselves.

The more I read, the bigger I see what a joke this city has become. Say what you want, but it was NEVER this bad!!

berwyn senator

Went to city hall,to early I guess no one in so I was given a toll free number  1-800-796-9696.After a long wait,I was asked If my neighbors garbage was also not picked up? I asked if she wanted to hold on while  I would go walk down the alley to check?Oh! I am not asking you to do that she replied,maybe your alley was nor plowed?I told her I saw the trucks in the alley,and a Sherman Tank could go through!!!!This lady was clueless,so why pick on her?The garbage will be picked up by tomorrow noon.At one time they would have a supervisor talk to you ,not any more!

justme

Ok so maybe it's NOT the city....I called as well and they said that they never  tell WM not to pick up. So someone is lying....

berwyn senator

I feel WM has a system and will not change or make an exception for any town,their just to big,and the drivers do not care.

justme

Quote from: berwyn senator on February 10, 2014, 07:32:10 PM
I feel WM has a system and will not change or make an exception for any town,their just to big,and the drivers do not care.

Exactly.

This is the last year of their contract with Berwyn. if they were smart, they would not renew....

~LL~

Quote from: justme on February 10, 2014, 11:36:39 AM
Quote from: jfrickind on February 10, 2014, 09:40:23 AM

JD

Are you kidding me?? The city should have done robo calls to let residents know. Geez, I see alleys with overflowing garbage everywhere and I am sure there are 4 legged creatures getting some good meals. When we have a rat problem, the city will have no one to blame but themselves.

The more I read, the bigger I see what a joke this city has become. Say what you want, but it was NEVER this bad!!

Malarkey!  Our alley was clear and neither trash nor recyclables were picked up last week; but, then, we've been bipassed several others  times  -- during the  summer!!  Tried to call WM - got a song and dance and even an insinuation that our trash  was picked up and that I was mistaken...nope, it was our trash still in our tote...
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

justme

I called numerous times during the summer for no pick up as well. Each time they would ask if the rest of our block was picked up. I don't pay for the rest of the block's garbage to be picked up. I pay for OUR garbage to be picked up.

berwyn senator

After several calls I was told a supervisor would call me. Finally today  success no call except for a computer asking if my garbage was picked up.

Bonster

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

justme

I asked a connection of mine about the city calling WM and he said that the city never, ever would call and tell WM not to pick up. He said that a few people called when a holiday fell on a designated garbage day and WM told them that the city instructed them to pick up the day before and he said absolutely not true.  So, he said that while the city is messed up in many ways (haha), this one they cannot be blamed for. This is all WM lying to the people who call. And my source has no reason to sugar coat or lie for the city so I believe him, as he has been right on everything I have checked about in the past.

I am curious if they are going to renew their contract.

buzz

My area has had a few glitches but for the most part it's been good.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

berwyn senator

After the summer,missed pick ups cans left in the middle of the alley,now the same in the winter,time to shop.We have enough issues with the residents and over flowing cans and other articles put out in the alley.

berwyn senator

Garbage cans in the middle of the alley,some not emptied,and one would think if there is a small object next to the cans it would be picked up,hell no! Pieces of wood that were neatly put on the can is left on the ground to make a bigger mess.If lucky when Wm is called they apologize and promise to correct the problem ,don't count on it. WM has been in Berwyn to long,time for a change.I even would like to see a consumption fee per bag rather then a flat fee.Any thoughts ?

buzz

I'm happy with WM.  It's got to be the guy on your route.  We're not having these constant problems.  During the summer we sometimes get neglected by the yard waste guy but after a few calls he gets his act together. 
Keep calling WM, eventually/hopefully it'll be corrected.  It helps if your neighbors call too.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

dukesdad

Our WM service is also just fine. Our drivers are hard working and competent. We tip them at Christmas and often give them a bottle of water in the Summer. Seems to me they work their asses off. I think WM should double rates for people that bitch. As for per bag pricing, can you imagine the mess there would be with folks trying to shove a weeks worth of trash in one bag so they could beat the system?