Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Mayor McCheese pick and choose

Started by Exit93, June 13, 2008, 10:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonster

Quote from: Bennifer on June 23, 2008, 09:37:45 PM
Quote from: Bonster on June 13, 2008, 10:05:31 PM
Well, who would BOBBY pick and choose from?  HIS GUYS.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
The correct response should be,"You are right, the mayor should not play favorites and should eliminate positions (when absolutely necessary) based on performance and financial viability, not whether they are his friends."
Why's that?  Exit93 is no credible source for me to answer as such...just look at the thread title.
The correct answer was given, you took it out of context.  Those pining for the Dems would get exactly the same thing.  Always have, always will.

You don't know how anyone else would act under the same circumstances,
Yes I do. 

You should be willing to speak out against blatant patronage instead of acquiescing because you assume another official would act the same way.
Not acquiescing whatsover...I've pounded this admin, this mayor, and certain particular patronage hirings which have directly affected me. 
See, I can tell it both ways when both options blow...
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

lola42

And it's also no surprise that the former president of the AFSCME union was one of the lay offs from city hall, even though she has much more seniority than say...

the mayor's old secretary who is now Mistress of the Grants (how much does she make by the way, and what are her qualifications)
or his new one too.

The laid off employees were the lowest paid city workers, and he only laid them off as pay back for them forming the union. One department head refused to hand in names of workers to be laid off and Mayor McCheese chose the names.

Dictator Mike must go...

OakParkSpartan

So a department head was asked to do something by their supervisor and refused?  I know who I'd be looking at as the next layoff aka the sacrificial management layoff.

Why didn't the rec department lose any employees?
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato