News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Beautiful Bungalow For Sale

Started by littlemonkey, August 09, 2010, 09:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemonkey

There's Never Enough Time To Do It Right, But There's Plenty of Time To Do It Over.

Jo

Bonster

It's actually nicer on the outside than inside! 

It's breathtaking the work they've done with their landscaping.  Whoever buys it is going to have a tall task keeping that up, though I know a few around here who could probably handle it.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

EC

That's John Usmial's house, Exec. Director at the Y.

treeguy

Well I was super sad to see the for sale sign.  These people take exceptional care of their property and them leaving will be a huge loss for our neighborhood.    :(

Berwyn Patsy

That is one amazing bungalow.  It is sad, though to see ones neighbors go, I
know the feeling.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: treeguy on August 10, 2010, 08:12:58 AM
Well I was super sad to see the for sale sign.  These people take exceptional care of their property and them leaving will be a huge loss for our neighborhood.    :(
While it is sad to see people leave I wouldn't be too worried about potential new owners.  At that price nowadays anyone who would buy would be more than likely to be the kind of new neighbors you would want to have and would take exceptional care of the property also.  That kind of beautiful bungalow attracts a buyer looking for something unique and special.  A beautiful brick Victorian at the end of my block sold a few years back and the new owners are even more fastidious than the previous ones were which I didn't think was even possible.

pkd50

I hope the Usmials get their price and enjoy their retirement.

Diona

A very beautiful home indeed!

My husband would LOVE the landscape as he loves flowers & plants.  Too bad that's a very steep price for us to even begin to put a bid on it.

Very nice part of Berwyn as well.

pkd50

If I read it right, the master is on the second floor and two bedrooms are below grade.  Meaning basement?   Tough sell to a family with young kids. 

Bonster

Quote from: pkd50 on August 10, 2010, 05:52:37 PM
If I read it right, the master is on the second floor and two bedrooms are below grade.  Meaning basement?   Tough sell to a family with young kids. 

Two additional BR's are below grade.  6BR total, 1 upstairs, 3 on the main level, 2 in the basement.

One of the 1st floor BR's is pictured (looks like an office):

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: pkd50 on August 10, 2010, 05:52:37 PM
It looks like the 5th and 6th bedrooms are in the basement with 2 on the main floor and 2 in the attic.  Unless you are a family like the Duggars from Arkansas I think any family would not have a problem with this house.

As an aside, we bought out house 16 years ago when we had a 16, 3 and 1 year old.  We have 4 bedrooms upstairs plus a tandem.  We now have a 19yo who will be heading back to college in a week and may never move back, a 16 yo who will be a junior in HS at MW and insists he will join the Marines when he is done with HS (much to his mother's dismay) and a 9yo girl who was born 6 years after we moved in.  We're seriously looking at downsizing in a few years somewhere where they have a killer HS district as much as we love this house and it's memories.

pkd50

Who use to say reading is a skill?   The two below grade jumped out at me, and I didn't see 6 total, that makes all the difference.  Mrs. N.  downsizing only hurts for a little while,once you realize that you take your memories with you.

Berwyn Patsy

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on August 10, 2010, 08:42:34 PM
  +1, Pat!
You two certainly won't rid of me that easily, even if you have flown the coop yourselves.

berwynguy

??? ???  Once YOU put 35+ years into a community, raise your kids here, give back to your neighborhood, then talk about "flying the coop."   >:(
Unfortunately, this ain't your grandmother's Berwyn anymore.

Bonster

Quote from: berwynguy on August 10, 2010, 11:25:39 PM
??? ???  Once YOU put 35+ years into a community, raise your kids here, give back to your neighborhood, then talk about "flying the coop."   >:(

What the hell's the difference between 31 years (pkd), 29 years (Berwyn Patsy), and 22 years (MRS. N (16 in her current Berwyn house)), when they've all raised their kids here?  And...MRS. N's not done.

That said, MRS. N took it wrong.  pkd was merely saying as much as it hurts to leave, you never really do.  I'm glad you still post here pkd.

rbain

It's funny how the long-timers around here (not all of you- not trying to paint everyone.etc...) regularly comment about how your opinion is invalid if you just moved here.  Yet the people who just moved here seem to keep leaving because the city doesn't get any better and they don't want to send their kids to "your" school.
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

Berwyn Patsy

To be exact 66, we lived in Berwyn for 29 years and 8 months.

pkd50

We're seriously looking at downsizing in a few years somewhere where they have a killer HS district as much as we love this house and it's memories.

I was just responding to your quote.  I don't even know you, so I'm not trying to be rid of you.    Flying the coop is an interesting way of saying....my kids are raised and gone, my husband is dead, and this is more house than I need or can care for.  Anyhow I can tell you that I was very happy in Berwyn, and I'm very happy where I am.  When you find your killer HS district, I hope you'll also be happy.