News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Tonight's COW & Council

Started by ~LL~, April 10, 2007, 01:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~LL~

I see that "Crime Free Housing" is on the agenda, along with other topics that just might be worth hearing about.

Wonder if the item dealing with "City Council Agenda Procedures" will include finally realizing how unprofessional the agenda looks in ALL CAPS -- and that someone needs to proofread these agendas more carefully.  Tonight there is to be a RECOGNIZATION of Detective Joe Green.  (Gee -- I didn't know he had 'cognizated' in the first place...) Smart-a remarks aside --    Detective Green could not be present at the last council meeting when he and fellow officers were commended for their response to the Heritage School incident -- so, perhaps tonight he can receive his well deserved recognition and applause.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

OakParkSpartan

I don't get the all caps thing either.  Nor the avoidance of spell checking (and then proofing).

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

~LL~

Today is the day I find out where to direct my comments and suggestions regarding these agendas -- and also the meeting minutes that are published on line.  The minutes are deplorable -- do not follow RRoO re: minutes and are also obviously not checked for spelling and grammar either.  These 'documents' and 'records' do, after all, represent how things are done in a city...think about it.

delbowz

But LL - that's the way we've always done it....

JUST KIDDING.

Denise
Life is too important to be taken seriously. - Oscar Wilde

OakParkSpartan

Linda,

Talk to Tom Pavlik, the City Clerk.

I've voiced my displeasure at the "minutes" as well, but basically have been told that's all that is required, and that's how we've always done.

You can't figure out what the hell was voted on if you don't have the packet in front of you, and the packet isn't given out to the general public.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bonster

LL- have they always been this bad?
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

OakParkSpartan

Things like this from 3/20/07:

Alderman Ramos submitted a communication regarding and
Intergovernmental agreement with the North Berwyn Park District. After
discussion, Ramos made a discussion, seconded by Lovero, to refer the
matter to the Law department to redraft the agreement. The motion
carried by the following roll call: Yeas: Ramos, Weiner, Skryd, Lovero,
Erickson. Abstain: Phelan. Excused: Chapman.

So...what exactly WAS the Intergovernmental Agreement?  And the communication was "regarding" the agreement, but doesn't indicate what was even being discussed.

GRRRR.

Cheers,
Brian

Mushroom Taxpayer....Fed Bullshit, and Kept in the Dark.

OakParkSpartan

Bonster

delbowz

Quote from: Bonster on April 10, 2007, 01:47:18 PM

LOL...the #1 difference:  they have Roll Call, Berwyn has "Role Call."

I think we've found our newly appointed grammer dick...

;D

~LL~

Quote from: Bonster on April 10, 2007, 01:31:55 PM
LL- have they always been this bad?

Been 'bad' for many many years; now 'worse'...

~LL~

Bear

One of our very own board members appears on line item F.7 for appointment,
a well qualified person if I must say so.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Bonster

yep...

6. RESIGNATION-COMM. RELATIONS DIRECTOR
7. APPT-FEJES-COMM RELATIONS DIR
8. HEALTH INS LINE ITEM

mrs. scoon

You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.  - Eleanor Roosevelt

delbowz

What's up with the Erickson line item "Dissolution of the Recreation Department".

Denise

Count DMC

The personnel insurance should be of interest considering the recent trouble associated with the broker.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

Berwyn Patsy

Terri, you will serve the community well!  We wish you the best.

Bonster

We're counting on you.  Dammit.

Berwyn Patsy

Who's the reporter tonight??