A couple of reasons I'm attending Council mtgs. tomorrow...

Started by ~LL~, April 23, 2007, 04:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terri

Quote from: Northside7 on April 24, 2007, 11:39:04 AM
The only huge leak is the air leaking out of your head sweetheart.
Matters discussed in closed session should remain confidential, leaks can only be made by a city official.  I believe in transparency but there are times confidentiality is in the best interest of everyone involved.  Public record and FOIA is for public knowledge.   

@Northsider,
You write very similar to a Alderman who hasn't posted for a while, you even got the sweetheart part right.  Funny isn't it?

Terri

time after time

It appears that Worker's Compensation Claims are for public knowledge.  There are people in Berwyn who are not "officials" and have had knowledge of this.

Cindy

Northside7

Terri,

I'll tell you what is funny.  Your husbands law firm represented O'Connor for FREE when he was sued by the House Doctor's several years back.  His law firm later got legal work with the city after O'Connor became mayor and now you have a job with the city as Community Relations Director.  Funny, isn't it.  By the way, which alderman do I remind you of?

Northside7

Bonster

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Terri

In the legal world it's called pro bono, btw, he won the defamation suit.  I really wouldn't go so far as to say he got legal work, he settled a case that was hanging around not going anywhere.  BTW, saved the taxpayers lots of dough.  Thank you for your concern, he has so much anti-trust work to keep him busy.  The city seems to have enough attorneys and none of them are my husband. 

I will address Community Relations since you so politely inquired.  I have served on Community Relations for two years and was one of six residents on the Community Relations transition team, so I didn't just magically appear like you may think.

Terri

Northside7

Terri,

The legal world bores me and so do you.  You mention how you were on this transition team that O'Connor put together, just like Sam Canino was on another transition team.  He recieved a job too didn't he?

Northside7

Terri

Are you planning on attacking each resident on the transition teams, that will take awhile. In any event, transition teams are common in business and government so that was nothing unusual. 

Terri

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Northside7 on April 24, 2007, 01:08:41 PM
Terri,

The legal world bores me and so do you.  You mention how you were on this transition team that O'Connor put together, just like Sam Canino was on another transition team.  He recieved a job too didn't he?

Northside7

I was on that transition team with Terri as well.  No job here.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

apatriot

well I can see no one is brave enough to give us all the info on this one.  Again, go about your business.  Stop asking questions.  Move along.

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

Northside7,

You sound exactly like that doofus who opened his mouth bigger than his a-- right before the Chicago aldermanic race. And we all know how that turned out, don't we?

Keep talking, its only a matter of time before you get embarrassed, AGAIN.
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

cozynite

Quote from: apatriot on April 23, 2007, 09:32:02 PM
Alderman Brocato's wife has two lawsuits going.  What are they about?  Alderman Brocato was married to the woman so really it was his lawsuits too - No?  I mean if he was still alive and she received money from these suits it would be his money too - No?  What's going on?

I think one is a worker's comp issue and I don't know what the other one is about.  And I think thata they are both still pending.  I wonder if you can FOIA the suits, seeing as how she's about to take an alderman position.  You're right BP, there's something very wrong about this. 

Also, IMHO, if this was an "old guard" thing, O'C would have called people out on how wrong it truely is.
"Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
-- Mao Tse-Tung

cozynite

Quote from: Northside7 on April 24, 2007, 10:59:21 AM
What all of you have failed to mention is that Maureen Brocato is still collecting disability as a city of Berwyn employee.  Therefore, she is still technically employed with the city.  That disqualifies her right there.  End of story.  But you see, she has something the mayor needs, a yes vote, and he has something she needs, health insurance.  The truth as I see it.

Hmmm... I'm kind of with you on that one...
"Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
-- Mao Tse-Tung

Suzy Q

It'll be interesting if anyone and/or who will question this appointment.  I will be very disappointed if it's not.

Berwyn Patsy

It is wrong, nothing right about it at all. Oc must be benefitting some how.   Deals to be made, I would guess.
How blatant can you be?
Bet no one blinks an eye, I have noticed when sneaky political moves are made, silence prevails.  What a shame!!
As I said before what a negative, shameful look for Berwyn.  How do you market this one?

Count DMC

You market this one like this,

The Mayor is a conniving, lying, backstabbing, deal making, cowardly cur who will do anything to stay in power and exert his will. Remember people you all asked for this, anyone but the other guy and then this piece of dung wins. These are just the things that are brought to light, nevermind the countless other self gratifying moves fatty has made. It will not end until he is voted out, so don't look for it anytime sooner.

cheers!!
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

Berwyn Patsy

Count, your just so descriptive, no other way to describe you today!!

Count DMC

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on April 24, 2007, 08:05:14 PM
Count, your just so descriptive, no other way to describe you today!!

Picked up descriptive writing from a beautiful Belgian(female of course) while spending time in an artist's commune outside of Nijmagen, Netherlands. A carefree summer between ..... ah forget it.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

Berwyn Patsy

Back to Council Meetings:  Who went?  Any news?   Thanks.

Berwyn Patsy