News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Council Meeting 07/24/2007

Started by Berwyn Patsy, July 25, 2007, 07:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgoddess

Maybe if you just said "The Mayor AND the city council..."  That'd cover the bases.  And yup, from what I've heard, it ain't JUST the Mayor, nor was Tuesday some isolated incident.
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Artanis1215

Rbain, I agree with you but.... I was shocked that the Mayor would do and say some of the things he said in a public forum.

He brought up the fact that some of the aldermen were elected with him to reform city government.  Then he tried to lay the blame at their feet for his wanton and willful violation of city contracts with union employees.  Telling #1 that she was an advocate for the city workers.  What a crock of shit!  SHe does not want more grievances filed or lawsuits against the city that the city will not win because of one mans power grab.

Artanis1215

Quote from: tgoddess on July 26, 2007, 11:23:47 AM
Maybe if you just said "The Mayor AND the city council..."  That'd cover the bases.  And yup, from what I've heard, it ain't JUST the Mayor, nor was Tuesday some isolated incident.

Goddess,

I think you may be onto something with the first part of your reply, send it to The Mayor and the City Council. 

But again unless one was at the meeting, you would never have believed it. 

If I were some sort of a national chain or even an investor who wanted to build in Berwyn, I would certainly think twice about it after seeing the display of childish behavior by the Mayor.   
Now I am not trying to make this a pissing match about Mayor vs Council nor Dems vs  IVB.

But I do think that the mayor needs to bend on some issues.  It cant always be his way or no way.

rbain

The mayor's email address was included on the list, and I have already sent it to him.
It would be great if everyone could email all concerned soon.
-Rob
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

tgoddess

I think this sort of thing goes WAY beyond "IVB vs Dems", "OC vs Council."

This is about the perceived complete and utter lack of professionalism displayed (seemingly) at EVERY CC meeting.  It's (as rbain wrote) embarrassing.  And unacceptable.  And it's about time feet were held to the fire about our representatives sucking it up, working together and getting this city where it NEEDS to be. 

Yes, we have some great, citizen-led grassroots groups here and they should be applauded, but when our so-called leadership behaves in such a childish manner, it reflects poorly on EVERY person who lives here.

There is no reason to have to sit back and accept this.
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

scoon

I think it better not to single anyone out.  They know who they are.  And those who aren't participating would have ammunition if they should choose to confront the offenders over they're behavior.

I'm drafting my letter now...  this'll take a while.

Artanis1215

Again I agree with you Rob, but it needs to add the Mayor to the list of childish behavior.  He will construe the meaning as just the council members as being childish.

Another thing, where have all of the citizens gone to?  Why aren't more people at the meetings?  Why haven't we started to tape the meetings and show them live and on local cable access?  Methinks I am gonna start to tape record and video all of the meetings on my own.

Artanis1215

Again I agree with you Rob, but it needs to add the Mayor to the list of childish behavior.  He will construe the meaning as just the council members as being childish.

Another thing, where have all of the citizens gone to?  Why aren't more people at the meetings?  Why haven't we started to tape the meetings and show them live and on local cable access?  Methinks I am gonna start to tape record and video all of the meetings on my own.

scoon

Quote from: Artanis1215 aka Ole Blue Eyes on July 26, 2007, 11:38:19 AM

I have nothing to add...  just being a jackass.

rbain

Artanis-
By all means, include the mayor in your letter.

I've already recieved a reply, from Erickson, who has pointed out his continuing efforts at raising the level of discourse...

-Rob
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

tgoddess

Honestly, I'm AFRAID to go to one of these meetings after all I've heard, because I'm the sort of person who would NOT sit there and be quiet and just shake my head in disgust if I witnessed this sort of behavior.

There would be standing and fist-waving and most-likely swearing.

And the cops would be dragging me out of there on a disorderly.  I'm so not kidding.

Bear

I had to go on summer hiatus from council meetings to regroup,
and bring proper peace of life balance back to my inner soul...

My self taught therapy continues.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Bonster

Quote from: tgoddess on July 26, 2007, 11:41:29 AM
Honestly, I'm AFRAID to go to one of these meetings after all I've heard, because I'm the sort of person who would NOT sit there and be quiet and just shake my head in disgust if I witnessed this sort of behavior.

And the cops would be dragging me out of there on a disorderly.  I'm so not kidding.

I did that at a Town Hall mtg and got an ovation.

Question:  Should those who don't/haven't attending meetings write in based on BTF (hearsay)?
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

rbain

Quote from: Bonster on July 26, 2007, 11:56:18 AM

Question:  Should those who don't/haven't attending meetings write in based on BTF (hearsay)?

ABSOLUTELY

tgoddess

That was my concern, as well.  Still, considering the overwhelming number of reports of such behavior with seemingly NO response to the contrary, I'm led to believe that what we're hearing is damned accurate.

scoon

Quote from: rbain on July 26, 2007, 11:40:08 AM
I've already recieved a reply, from Erickson, who has pointed out his continuing efforts at raising the level of discourse...

...and butterfly collars.

scoon

A member of the Tuesday Nite Martini Club walked out of Council early due to frustration...  which he demonstrated by downing a beer within a minute of his arrival at the meeting.

Artanis1215

I did that at a Town Hall mtg and got an ovation.

Bonster, this is not hearsay.  I was there!

Bonster

I was just talking in general, Artanis.
I wasn't there Tuesday, either, but I have witnessed the interaction of our "leaders" on other occasions.
I thought about submitting some of my wife's clips to America's Most Pathetic Home Videos...
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Artanis1215