News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Council Meeting 07/24/2007

Started by Berwyn Patsy, July 25, 2007, 07:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbain

OK, There are 12 guests and 13 users online right now. How about a head count of those who've emailed? We need as many as possible.

-Rob
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

Bear

"A member of the Tuesday Nite Martini Club walked out of Council early due to frustration...  which he demonstrated by downing a beer within a minute of his arrival at the meeting."

I was to the point of having to self-medicate BEFORE meetings.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

java

Quote from: rbain on July 26, 2007, 12:37:56 PM
OK, There are 12 guests and 13 users online right now. How about a head count of those who've emailed? We need as many as possible.

-Rob

Good work rbain.  Since you called all of us online out -

Rather than piling on at the moment, I'll continue to express my frustrations on a case by case basis.  The Shellster and I have had very good responses and action from the measured and specific issue bitching we've done to the Chief of Police, Park District, Public Works, our Alderman, and the Mayor.  I don't think we have any clout.  We just identify very plain and specific issues (like a broken fountain, grafitti at Proksa, vagrants at the train stops, mud/weeds/garbage at Janura, poor alley lighting, installed stop sign, etc.) and then call out the guy in charge.  So far, pretty good success.

Don't get me wrong though - your letter is right on w/ respect to the romper room council meetings.

Mark T.
The City of Homers

scoon

Quote from: Bear on July 26, 2007, 12:53:02 PM
"A member of the Tuesday Nite Martini Club walked out of Council early due to frustration...  which he demonstrated by downing a beer within a minute of his arrival at the meeting."

I was to the point of having to self-medicate BEFORE meetings.

That wasn't water I was drinking when I went...

cozynite

I think at this point, you should bring a flask and drink openly and a pillow to sit on because those pews hurt after awhile.  And when someone points out that you shouldn't be drinking or you're being disorderly, merely tell them that you are following the council's example.  And if enough people do it, maybe they will see how utterly selfish and stupid they are being.
"Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
-- Mao Tse-Tung

Berwyn Patsy

Wait, everyone back up a minute.  Explain to me, because I really don't get this.  So, if you paid  "extra" for stronger
or reinfioced pavers, you actually get to park your cars on the sidewalk? I wonder if all the businesses along Ogden Ave were aware of this deal going on?  If not shouldn't they have been?  I thought all the improvements were considered one in the same and paid as such.
I still think in my opinion it makes for a very crappy looking scene up and down Ogden Ave.  I guess now it will just look crappy in front of certain Dealerships that actually paid  "extra"  for that look.

Rizzo

Missed the council meeting thanx for the 411.

Perhaps, the council meeting should include a consession stand

tgoddess

Quote from: Rizzo on July 26, 2007, 08:38:32 PM
Missed the council meeting thanx for the 411.

Perhaps, the council meeting should include a consession stand

It sounds like all CC is missing is Don King.
:fro:
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Ana

Not that I am excusing our City Council, but have any of you ever watched the Chicago City Council on cable?  Their meetings are recorded and, honestly, they are pretty much the same as ours.

BTW, my email went out a few months ago.  I don't attend City Council meetings so I depend on the Board to fill me in.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

scoon

Ana, I love ya, but there's no comaparison....

Rizzo

If Don King is present then a "ring" cannot be far behind.  Who will referee and judge the match

apatriot

and what does Bobby say?  From what I understand, most of the time he sits there and doesn't say anything.  I could get more ethusiastic if he showed some leadership at council, but again, from what I hear this is not the case. 

apatriot

p.s.  I happen to think Ogden Avenue is one of the best looking streets in Berwyn.

robertcarr

Quote from: scoon on July 26, 2007, 10:51:27 AM

For easier copy and pasting:

moconnor@ci.berwyn.il.us; aldchapmanward1@aol.com; 2ndward@berwyn-il.gov; 3rdward@berwyn-il.gov; 4thward@berwyn-il.gov; 6thward@berwyn-il.gov; 7thward@berwyn-il.gov; joel@berwynfirst.com

And in case you want to send it to The Loaf:  localnews@libertysuburban.com

p.s.  -  Very well written (and scathing) letter Rob.

The Loaf???!!!
C'mon...

Artanis1215

Quote from: apatriot on July 27, 2007, 08:13:16 PM
and what does Bobby say?  From what I understand, most of the time he sits there and doesn't say anything.  I could get more ethusiastic if he showed some leadership at council, but again, from what I hear this is not the case. 

You obviously have not been to city council meetings, have you apat? 

OakParkSpartan

Bobby is often the one that proposes a compromise.  He doesn't scream at people nor call them names.  If you like him or not, agree with him or not, at least he doesn't act in a manner that embarrasses the city.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

scoon

Quote from: apatriot on July 27, 2007, 08:13:16 PM

If you're not there, you miss alot.  Bobby seems to prefer to lead by example vs publicly admonish those who are acting unprofessionally...  not sure if that's what you're expecting him to do...

I encourage you and everyone else on this board to check it out for yourself and not rely so much on other people to provide you with information.

Bonster

Quote from: apatriot on July 27, 2007, 08:13:51 PM
p.s.  I happen to think Ogden Avenue is one of the best looking streets in Berwyn.

...there's little to no street parking on Ogden.  Most of the businesses are set back or have parking provisioned so the street is not jammed like Cermacht or Roosevelt.  It just feels  wide open when you're doing 55MPH down Ogden.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

scoon

Quote from: robertcarr on July 30, 2007, 12:35:26 AM
The Loaf???!!!
C'mon...

What...  too obvious?

Seriously, it's gone downhill since you left.

apatriot

No, I've been to some.  Stand outside the door.  Could see old Bob perfectly.