Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Did anyone attend 11/27/07 Council meeting

Started by OakParkSpartan, November 29, 2007, 01:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakParkSpartan

Anyone attend?  What was passed?

I heard the inmates weren't on their best behavior.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Berwyn Patsy

No one attended?  Come on,  a short version would be better then none at all.  Please come forward and admit you were there, it's o.k., really.

cubbie07

No one attended??  What did you hear O.P.S.?
Oh well,  There's always next year...

OakParkSpartan

Just that things were contentious.  No specifics.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Tommy

Contentious?  I heard that things were silent...dead silent when Phelan asked for vocal support for his hare-brained ordinance designed to keep him out of the poorhouse when he gets sued after flapping his gums...or running his fax machine.  More silence (this time from Phelan) who, when asked if he would refrain from using the ordinance when his suit gets called forward, responded with...dead silence.   

OakParkSpartan

That was at the meeting prior.  And actually I think the vote was 5-2 in favor of passing the ordinance.  Weiner and Ramos voted against.

Bonster

Quote from: Tommy on December 05, 2007, 10:47:35 PM
More silence (this time from Phelan) who, when asked if he would refrain from using the ordinance when his suit gets called forward, responded with...dead silence.   

What?  They're going to make it retroactive?
You've got to be kidding.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Tommy

That was the point that brought the deafening silence...