News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

2/12/08 Council

Started by OakParkSpartan, February 12, 2008, 11:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

Quote from: apatriot on February 14, 2008, 05:24:16 PM
Bon, what are you talking about.  He's the Treasurer for the DCOB.  Yep, no politics there.

Interesting information. Apatriot.  Thanks... I did not realize that Mr. Greco was Treasurer of BOTH the DCOB and The Committee to Elect Robert Lovero. 

I should look at the D2 site more often.   :D ;D :D

Looks like Mr. Greco gave quite a bit of money last year to the DCOB and to the Committe to Elect Robert Lovero.  The pot's been calling the kettle black:

Friends of Felix A. Greco 
1707 Apple Valley Road
Bolingbrook, IL 60490 
$600.00
10/16/2007 
Individual Contribution
Cmte to Elect Robert J Lovero   

Greco, Jr., Felix A. 
1707 Apple Valley Road
Bolingbrook, IL 60490 
$500.00
10/16/2007 
Individual Contribution

Braun, Michael A.
1707 Apple Valley Road
Bolingbrook, IL 60490 
$150.00
6/3/2007 
Individual Contribution

Braun, Michael A.
1707 Apple Valley Road
Bolingbrook, IL 60490 
$500.00
6/20/2007  Individual Contribution

Greco, Jr., Felix A.
1707 Apple Valley Road
Bolingbrook, IL 60490 
$500.00
6/3/2007 
Individual Contribution

Greco, Jr., Felix A.
1707 Apple Valley Road
Bolingbrook, IL 60490 
$500.00
6/22/2007 
Individual Contribution

Greco, Sr., Felix A. 
1065 E. Wilson
Lombard, IL 60148 
$500.00
6/3/2007 
Individual Contribution

Friends of Felix A Greco 
1707 Apple Valley Road
Bolingbrook, IL 60490 
$200.00
1/8/2007 
Individual Contribution
Democratic Citizens of Berwyn (DCOB) 

Greco, Jr., Felix A. 
1707 Apple Valley Road
Bolingbrook, IL 60490 
$500.00
2/2/2007 
Individual Contribution

Bonster

Damn, Felix.  You're loaded like Ted!

Quote from: Felix Greco on February 03, 2008, 08:55:42 AM
Bonster,

Its not all about the money! 

What's your angle with the DCoB?
What is Bobby going to do for you as a fireman here that OC isn't or <Republican farce> won't?
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

rbain

Quote from: Ted on February 15, 2008, 07:39:50 AM

Friends of Felix A. Greco 
1707 Apple Valley Road
Bolingbrook, IL 60490 
$600.00
10/16/2007 
Individual Contribution
<...>
Friends of Felix A Greco 
1707 Apple Valley Road
Bolingbrook, IL 60490 
$200.00
1/8/2007 
Individual Contribution

I'd like to announce the formation of "the Friends of Rob Bain".
I will now be accepting donations with the intention of influencing some election at some point in the future...

-Rob
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

OakParkSpartan

Felix ran for elected office out in Bolingbrook, so he didn't create that organization on a whim.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

apatriot

I'd like to announce the formation of "the Friends of Rob Bain".

it's just that easy rob.  You don't even have to run for anything.  You could just state "for better government in Illinois", and start collecting.  It's a beautiful thing.

Bonster

Quote from: apatriot on February 15, 2008, 09:30:43 AM
it's just that easy rob.  You don't even have to run for anything.  You could just state "for better government in Illinois", and start collecting.  It's a beautiful thing.

That's right, Rob.  You don't even need a platform!

Ted

Quote from: Bonster on February 15, 2008, 10:33:06 AM
Quote from: apatriot on February 15, 2008, 09:30:43 AM

That's right, Rob.  You don't even need a platform!

Yeah, and then you can do what Frank Marzullo is doing with the Committee for a Better Berwyn and have all your meetings every weekend in Lake Geneva and charge in the gas against the money you've collected in campaign contributions... <LOL>

apatriot

Friends of Apatriot (mission:  to promote the need of outstanding pizza and beef sandwiches in Berwyn).

dukesdad

Quoteto promote the need of outstanding pizza and beef sandwiches in Berwyn

I'm OK with the pizza, work on beef sandwiches first.

apatriot

ok, duke, you got it.  Anything to please my contributors.

ZORBA

Don't forget the Sausage!

scoon

Quote from: frank white on February 15, 2008, 06:29:17 AM
Keep licking those boots Scoon and writing lenghty posts that are full of drivel and nonsense. Who filled you with this sense of self importance? It is great to know that someone so intelligent as you is out there doing such great things for Berwyn! Licking boots, sucking up and being a sycophant,...great qualities. I'm sure that I am not alone in thinking we are lucky to have such a wonderful example of citizenry here in Berwyn. Keep up the good work.

frank,

This is not a good start towards being more like me.  Before posting, ask yourself:  What Would Scoon Do?  

apatriot

sorry, Silk.  I would never horn in on what Bobby's trying to do.

scoon

The pot's been calling the kettle black:

What is this referring to Ted?  Did I miss something in another thread?

Felix, can you possibly enlighten me?

???

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: scoon on February 15, 2008, 11:05:28 AM

???

I think comments about how much Ted has contributed to the IVB over the years.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Terri

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on February 15, 2008, 09:16:52 AM
Felix ran for elected office out in Bolingbrook, so he didn't create that organization on a whim.
Does he old that office? 

scoon

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on February 15, 2008, 11:18:57 AM
Quote from: scoon on February 15, 2008, 11:05:28 AM

???

I think comments about how much Ted has contributed to the IVB over the years.

Ok, I thought maybe I missed a juicy squabble on one of the education threads or something...  (that's not a shot Ted, I don't have any interest in those and only read them when I'm Really bored at work.)

scoon

Quote from: Terri on February 15, 2008, 11:39:27 AM
Quote from: OakParkSpartan on February 15, 2008, 09:16:52 AM
Does he old that office? 

No.

Felix Greco

First of all, I started the committe when I was running for an elected office in Will County.  I lost the race and chose not to dissolve the committee.  Not sure if I might run again in the future.  Have I contributed to the DCOB?  Yes I have.  I also gave to the IVB last year for the Mardi Gras.  I have also given to Republican candidates in the past, both in Berwyn and throughout the area.

Most of the contributions my family members and myself have given to the DCOB and Lovero have all been returned because, Mr. Lovero doesl not want to accept money from me or my family members.  So somebody needs to recheck the D-2's.

I was asked to be the Treasurer of both the DCOB and Bob Lovero's committee by Mr. Lovero.  Now, I do not have to explain my reasons as to why, but I will tell everybody this: Bob Lovero and I have been friends for over 30 years.  I value my friendship with him and could not say no when he asked.  I believe in being loyal to a friend.  He is my friend.

As far as Mr. Korbos saying "the pot calling the kettle black."  I have in the past questioned his donations to certain individuals and wondered why, if he was a" loyal Democrat" would he support others, as was told to me by a friend of mine, who also knows Ted.  The same person who says he is an upstanding and trustworthy individual, of which I have related to Mr. Korbos on a few occasions, when I have sent him messages in private.  I have never met Ted, but I do respect him and his views.  People who do not agree with Ted, have also told me that he is a great person, so I will not say anything bad about him nor question his character.

No promises or favors  have been made to me, nor have I asked for any promises or favors from Bob.  That is not how he operates nor do I .

What I find reprehensible is that so many people on here, always want to try and find the dirt or sully somebodys character or reputation because they do not agree with their views.  Why, I should become an issue in a thread about Local events and Meetings is a mystery to me.

With so many other problems going on in the city, county, state and in the world, why worry about me?    Now, I may not agree with everybody on here all the time, but I do not disagree with everybody on here either.  Believe it or not!

If anybody wants to question my character or the type of individual I am, ask Scoon, OPS, LL Schmidt, who I met during the Citizens Academy,Panther, if he still reads this crap. Panther has known me and my family for a long time.  I consider Scoon and OPS, good friends and they will give it to you straight.  They can tell you that I do not always agree with them, but do listen to their arguments and keep an open mind.

Well, enough of my long winded response, and its time for me to get ready for the DCOB's " I Love Berwyn" party.

Bonster, I definately need to have a few beers now, even though I am a vodka man, and would like to have a few with you real soon.

All of us might wish at times that we lived in a more tranquil world, but we don't. And if our times are difficult and perplexing, so are they challenging and filled with opportunity. ---Robert Kennedy

Bonster

Quote from: Felix Greco on February 15, 2008, 03:24:00 PM
I was asked to be the Treasurer of both the DCOB and Bob Lovero's committee by Mr. Lovero.  Now, I do not have to explain my reasons as to why, but I will tell everybody this: Bob Lovero and I have been friends for over 30 years.  I value my friendship with him and could not say no when he asked.  I believe in being loyal to a friend.  He is my friend.

Some would say that's politicizing the Department.  Bobby would say that's surrounding himself with friends.

It's both.

As far as Mr. Korbos saying "the pot calling the kettle black."  I have in the past questioned his donations to certain individuals and wondered why, if he was a" loyal Democrat" would he support others

Same reason you would support others (IVB, Republicans) as a "loyal Dem?"

Well, enough of my long winded response, and its time for me to get ready for the DCOB's " I Love Berwyn" party.

Have a good time, but please, do not support the proliferation of Pit Bulls in our fair city.

(don't contribute to the raffle!)