News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Old stand up radios

Started by Uranus1122, April 05, 2006, 03:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uranus1122

A good and dear friend of mine is being told by his wife that all possesions he  brought to Berwyn with him from years past, namely the old stand up radios, need to go.   I believe they have been out in the garage of years, probaby near 8 now, but they will be in the alley tomorrow.   Anyone know of anyone who works on these relecs for a hobby?  Betcha gonna get em for free!!!   Talk to me!

OakParkSpartan

I'd google for antique radio dealers here in Chicago.  My bet is someone will pay him for the radios.

How large are they?  Do they work?  How old are they?

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bear

Give me a call Uranus...
Im always dragging old stuff home to fix

...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

markberwyn

Quote from: Bear on April 05, 2006, 03:29:57 PM
Give me a call Uranus...
Im always dragging old stuff home to fix

Might be the makings of an art car here...
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Bear

Hmmm....I can envsion it now

And functional as well!
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Uranus1122

I know the one I saw years ago stood like 4 foot tall or so, the pull out turn table.   I doubt if they worked or anything...god, what lives in our garages from time to time may have taken their toll...but for the hobbyist....free is still free.