News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

LOST

Started by Boris, March 28, 2008, 02:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pioneer

Yes....very dissapointing....basically the audience just needs to accept it all, shut up and not ask why since apparently no one "really" wants to know anyway.... ???

The show is a sunk cost...unfortunately I feel I need to see how it all ends....

I still cannot blame the Smoke Monster for being PO'd with Jacob......

Also, does Jacob know that the alternate lives exists?  If so, would Jack have made his choice knowing that he had a wife/son?

What did Widmore whisper to Smoke/Locke?  Did he tell him about these alternate candidate versions?

Ooops, sorry....asking questions again...... :(

Crunchie

They started off this season with a lot of hoopla about giving us the answers and explanations to all of this hokey BS that they have been shovelling at us like crazy for the past few years. I don't think they have done much to fulfill that promise. It's going to be really interesting to see what they come up with Sunday night. I sure hope it isn't another stall to suck everybody into watching "Lost" "the movie."

Ted

So, in the end, LOST was a show about a bunch of ghosts fighting and killing each other, falling in love, travelling through time and, ultimately, getting redemption and going to heaven.

Why was Ben Linus left off the hook for killing someone but not Michael?

And, what does it mean when a ghost kills another ghost!!!

pioneer

OK...this was very deep....here is my take, but really...the whole show (island part, alt reality part, jacob and MIB..etc..is all open to interpretation)

Basically, I believe the first airplane crash really did happen and some died in the crash and others (our main characters) did not.  Some died during the events up to and leading to the finale (ana lucia, Mr. Eko, juliet, the real Locke, Sayid, the Kwons, etc..etc)....and here is the interesting part.....some actually lived (presumably long normal lives in the REAL world) after the events we witnessed ON THE ISLAND (real world)...Basically, the characters would include (Kate, Sawyer, Lapidis, Miles, Desmond, and ironically Richard Alpert who was finally freed of his immortality).....as for Hurley and Ben...who knows how long they lived on the island as its new protectors...with no enemies, ie another smoke monster...this could have gone on for years or centuries???? (basically, Hugo the new Jacob and Ben the new Richard Alpert)......

again....there are many things that are open to interpretation.....why were Walt and his son not at the gathering?....well, the point is that he and his son may have already "moved on"....remember...the Alt reality is timeless...it exists just as a means to "go into the light" "move to the next life"......in the story, everyone that we saw in that church...were connected to each other and were all needed to move on......that is to say, Walt, Micheal, Mr. Ecko, Ana Lucia, etc...all either were able to move on on their own or had a completely different set of people that would do so with them.......

Some of the things that I still do not understand are the following:

Who were Widmore and Eloise?  Why were they fearful and/or wanted to possess the islands power...and did they really know what it really represented?  What did Widmore tell the fake Locke?   How did Widmore know how to contain the smoke monster? (for this I am beginning to think that Widmore was a descendant of some of the initial island inhabitants who happened to "discover" that the islands pockets of electromagnetism kept them "safe" from the smoke monster...again, since this was not explained it is all open to interpretation)...

Why did Jacob reappear as a boy? 

Illana and her team.....who were they really?  They sort of reminded me of that secret society that protected the Holy Grail in the Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade movie.....

Why did the MIB have to die?  I still do not think he was evil...he was just a victim of circumstance....I would have preferred that (after he lost his "powers")....he would have been allowed to leave the island with Sawyer, kate, etc on the plane...he could have returned to the REAL world and just live the rest of his life as LOCKE....no one would have known.....except Kate, Sawyer, Miles, etc that were on the plane.....

Finally, we do not know what happened to Kate, Sawyer, Miles, Lapidis, Desmond, and Richard after the plane took off...maybe they landed safley someplace and lived long lives in the REAL WORLD or maybe they crashed into the sea.....but I guess that is really besides the point....

All in all, I was satisfied with the ending...I think the show set a high standard and will be hard to top......nothing to watch now except The Office reruns...which is easier on the brain.... ;D

Ted

Widmore, Eloise, Daniel Farraday, Illiana and others who "came" to the island from outside were the equivalent of either angels or devils, trying to lead the "candidates" in one direction or another.

I also was disappointed that Walt and Michael were not part of the finale.  I guess the actor who played Michael really pissed off the producers.

Crunchie

Face it, they just sucked us in. It was a bullshit ending. Beaucoup loose ends and unexplained questions. It was the whole season of Dallas that was erased when someone woke up and and said, 'Wow, what a crazy dream.' Screw 'em.

pioneer

Quote from: Ted on May 24, 2010, 06:38:47 PM

Widmore, Eloise, Daniel Farraday, Illiana and others who "came" to the island from outside were the equivalent of either angels or devils, trying to lead the "candidates" in one direction or another.

I also was disappointed that Walt and Michael were not part of the finale.  I guess the actor who played Michael really pissed off the producers.

Interesting take, however, after re-watching the finale....I think people like Eloise and Widmore are like Ben Linus....they have become aware that they are dead but either must wait to move on or willingly decide not to move on...due to fellings of remorse for their past actions and feeling that they do not deserve to "step into the light"....others like Ana Lucia are still "bad" and thus "are not ready".....According to Jack's father, Christian, no one goes alone....however, the group you somehow are connected to the most in life are the ones that facilitate/enable your "crossing over".....It was a twist to the statement that Kate and Sawyer would say "Live Together, Die Alone".....

Yes, I agree about Walt and Michael....however, just because they were not at the "church" does not mean that have not already crossed.....all we can infer is that those characters that we did see in the "alt existence/purgatory" are dead...they just do not realize it/are not ready to move on....Also, we know Michael is dead because Hurley has the ability to "see dead people".....

Also.....if the island needs a protector....did Hurley figure out a way to make sure no one ever messes with the island?  Or perhaps Judgement Day has finally come and the Island is no longer needed???  We do not know how long Hurley and Ben were on the Island as co-protectors.....Additionally, there is no time as we know it in the Alt/purgatory.....

Also, we saw the fake Locke lying on the rocks....but was he really dead????   Movie material if you ask me.....Hurley and Ben in the "FINAL" battle with MIB for the Island's survival another 1,000 years in the future!!!!.........plus the opportunity to tie up loose ends like Michael (redemption opportunity), Eloise and Widmore.....David and Charolette....The Kwon's baby girl.....Son of Desmond!!!!  I better stop...... ;D

pioneer

http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/kecks-exclusives/lost-to-continue-in-season-six-dvd-5119.html

::)

LOST theatrical prequel or sequel seems probable.......seems like guaranteed money....they did it for Twin Peaks and X-files....

I would start the movie with MIB on the other side of the church doors..... :666:

Ted

I was thinking about the characters on LOST and it occurred to me that some of the characters match some of the posters on BTF on the island we call Berwyn.  Berwyn is the island.  "The Others" are the BRDO, the original inhabitants of the island. The Dharma Initiative is like the IVB, new comers who came to the island and changed it. And, the hydrogen bomb was the 2009 election, which made everything that happened after 2005 disappear in time.

1. P-Panther is Jacob - ancient protector of the island who is trying to make sure the island does not fall into evil hands.

2. Artanis1215 was the Smoke Monster - boyhood friend of Jacob but now his nemesis. Destroys every person in his path who does not support him.

3. Bear is Benjamin Linus - switched sides from the Dharma Initiative to be with the Others. Continually trying to hurt people not on his side, sometimes out of the blue.

4. Berwyn Patsy is Eloise - She left the island but keeps giving advice to people who want to get back to or stay on the island.

5. OPS is Jack - Trying to keep the island safe from the Smoke Monster and his allies.

6. Rbain is Sawyer - Always ready with a quick quip.

7. Shelley is Kate - Another person trying to protect the island. Always helping out those in need.

8. Paul Fuentes was Michael - He was there in the first few seasons but then he disappeared.

9. Ruffian is Charles Widmore - Always comes back to the island in another form, usually with a boat load of guns and explosives.

OakParkSpartan

Damn Ted,

This one gets an A+ for creativity.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Crunchie

Ted, try stamp collecting. :D

Mugster

'Lost' Numbers PAY OFF in Mega Millions Lottery

1/5/2011 TMZ Staff 

Finally, a purpose for those damn "Lost" numbers -- because if you played the same cursed digits that Hurley used on the show ... you could have walked away with $150 in last night's Mega Millions lottery.

Mega Millions Winning Numbers

Of course, Hurley's numbers were 4,8,15,16,23 and 42.

The Mega Millions numbers were 4,8,15,25 and 47 ... with 42 being the Mega Ball number.

Last night's jackpot was $355 million. Hurley only won $114 million.

Two people reportedly picked the winning numbers. Hopefully, they won't book air travel to Australia in the near future ... they could end up on a TV show with absolutely zero closure.