News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Berwyn Township Board of Trustees Meeting, June 2009

Started by Terri, June 08, 2009, 10:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terri

Berwyn Township Board of Trustees Meeting, Monday June 8, 2009, 6:30pm

There was a Public Hearing today at 6:00pm. I didn't find out what this was about, budget maybe?  

Approvals: Minutes from the May 18th Special Meeting, Town Fund and General Assistance - Bills Payable and Payroll, June 2009, Town Fund and General Assistance- Statement of receipts and Disbursements, May 2009.  

Approved and Adoption 2009-2010 Appropriation Ord. for the Township and GA Fund.

Health Fair Wednesday June 24, 2009 10:00am-2:00pm. Beth Pechous said they have 40 agencies and exhibits, volunteers needed.  Someone volunteered to be the "hot dog flipper".  Free hot dogs?

John Nagle Township Collector resignation was approved, Jeffery Quintana appointed.  

Prevailing Wage Ord. adopted.
708 (Mental Health) Board Budget will be approved by Township in July.  

Requested and approved General Assistance Fund increase.
A single person will receive $243.00 per month, the previous monthly amount was $225.00.  I understood the General Assistance rates are based on Cook County rates.  Beth Pechous said the Township never had child cases for General Assistance.  I took this to assume a request for a minor child without a parent or guardian.  A pie chart detailing assistance was in the Trustee packet.  

21st Century Update: Township website updated, voicemail working, new copier.  The new computer is aligned to help with General Assistance.  

National Night Out-  Health District will participate.  

Barbara (a resident) was thanked for planting on the Township grounds with plants from her garden.  

There will be a City/Township meeting to discuss Hazardous Waste Disposal.

Meeting adjourned at 6:57pm.

I had hoped to speak with Beth Pechous after the meeting but she left. I got the impression there was another meeting because some of the Trustees said they were going upstairs.

It would be helpful if the agenda and packets were accessible on-line.