News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Assistant to the Assistant??

Started by Good Time Charlie, June 22, 2009, 08:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Good Time Charlie

Was looking at the Tuesday Council agenda and noticed Item F-3, which seems to give the new Assistant to the Mayor an Assistant.  Is this U.S. Bank or something??  Looks like the price of leadership in Berwyn went up considerably.  Hope quality of life improves with it!

http://www.berwyn-il.gov/pdf/MtgAgendas/2009/20090623-CouAgenda.pdf

Thor

DCOB logic, now pay attention because you'll miss under which coconut shell the prize is hidden.
We needed to get rid of wasteful department heads because, because, well because O'Connor hired them and Mayor 0.5 owes alot of people.
Anyway so to "save" money we hired a City Administrator. BUT he can't keep track of all the departments by himself so we need someone to help him.
So to sum up our Mayor's cost cutting measure. Mayor 0.5 can't be a full time Mayor so he hires someone to do his job and that person then get someone to help them with their job. Just wait for the assistant to the assistant to the City Administrator!!!!
Stop your whining and think the way I do

OakParkSpartan

I wonder if this means the job description is completed for Pabst.  Or does he just do what he wants and tells Maylo after the fact.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Thor

Dude, accountability???  :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :o
Maybe we can ask Secret Agent Chapman?
Stop your whining and think the way I do

Good Time Charlie

Guess people don't consider this very important. It just seems weird to me. Anyone know what the assistant to the administrative assistant is going to make?

The Jackal

Just a tad less than his/her assistant.

Good Time Charlie

Quote from: The Jackal on June 23, 2009, 07:45:01 AM
Just a tad less than his/her assistant.

The assistant to the assistant or the assistant to the assistant to the assistant? Which one?

The Jackal

Terri

Quote from: Charlie Slater on June 23, 2009, 07:34:57 AM
Guess people don't consider this very important. It just seems weird to me. Anyone know what the assistant to the administrative assistant is going to make?
My guess is the salary for the Assistant Mayor and the Assistant to the Assistant will be budgeted from the cut positions of Community Outreach and City Collector. It was posted elsewhere the Assistant Mayor position will be paid $90,000 not leaving much of a salary for the Assistant to the Assistant.

marie

I also noticed the assistant to the assistant on the agenda.  Hmmmmm, is this an appointed position, or can anyone apply?  I did not see it posted on the city website.  I did see the posting for a receptionist position (bilingual) at Community Development, 16th Street location. ($10.00 per hour) I have been searching for a job, and I sure would have applied for the assistant's assistant position had I seen it posted anywhere.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: marie on June 23, 2009, 03:38:26 PM
I also noticed the assistant to the assistant on the agenda.  Hmmmmm, is this an appointed position, or can anyone apply?  I did not see it posted on the city website.  I did see the posting for a receptionist position (bilingual) at Community Development, 16th Street location. ($10.00 per hour) I have been searching for a job, and I sure would have applied for the assistant's assistant position had I seen it posted anywhere.

It is to be an appointment.  I don't understand why a secretary is an appointed position, other than it is another patronage handout.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato