News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Rising Gas Prices & the Desirability of Berwyn

Started by Robert Pauly, August 15, 2006, 01:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Pauly

Ever wonder if rising gas prices affect the value of your home and the desirability of our town?  An interesting read below:

http://realestate.msn.com/buying/Articlenewhome.aspx?cp-documentid=742526&GT1=8479

treeguy

Well - we moved to Berwyn to reduce the amount of time spent commuting - significantly.  I went from a 90 minute commute to a 30 minute commute.  Th old commute involved stressing over parking at the train station, as well as dealing with crappy local rush-hour traffic.  My peaceful, stress-free 8 minute walk to the train is so much better.  Gas prices weren't a primary reason for us to move, but I can see many others being motivated by gas prices, as well as many other quality of life issues.  Our one year anniversary in Berwyn is Thursday - and we are very, very happy Berwyn-ites!!!

tony la

Congratulations Treeguy.  Many people have moved here for the same reason.
Tony LaMonica  Broker 1998 Hall Of Fame
Prudential RUBLOFF 708-795-5000
Director Chicago Association of Realtors
WWW.TONYLA.NET

pkd50

We moved here, so my husband's commute would be easy also.  My goal was to be here 3 to 5 years tops, that was 30 years ago.  Welcome to Berwyn.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Bear

Quote from: pkd50 on August 16, 2006, 08:32:30 PM
We moved here, so my husband's commute would be easy also.  My goal was to be here 3 to 5 years tops, that was 30 years ago.  Welcome to Berwyn.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Hang in there Treeguy, and all you new residents who have endured setbacks...

We have a fine community here which will only grow with our involvement and participitation
of all that is Berwyn. This forum is not about politics or whose side you are on. This is about us.

That mindset is gone, save for a few remaining deadbeat elements of both parties.

I'm with PKD, when I leave Berwyn, it will be feet first out my front door...

Hope your here for that event, Irish funerals are a damn good party
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Terri

Commuting was our reason to move here, 19 years ago.  Rented an apartment, took the El downtown, ended up purchasing a home on 14th and Scoville for 14 years and moved to a larger home near the Burlington. We are very content here in Berwyn, love access to Chicago and various expressways.

Bear, you are correct, it is about us, we are now free to speak.  With the Grace of God, that Irish funeral will be many years away. 

Terri