News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Computer Classes for Seniors

Started by Ana, July 13, 2005, 10:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ana

Does anyone know of any computer classes for seniors in the area?  I would love for my Mom to learn the fundamentals.  Thanks!

Ana
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Linda Kacirek

If I recall correctly, Morton College offers computer classes for teens and maybe seniors, too.  It may be worth giving them a call.  I think it's great that your mom wants to learn about computers!

dukesdad

The Berwyn Park District offers computer classes for seniors. Call them 788-1701 and ask them when the next class is being held.

mmorrison

We have installed a small computer lab at our church and have talked about giving (free!) computer classes for seniors.  If the Park District class doesn't work out for your mom, feel free to give me a call at the Presbyterian church and we could talk about it.  My husband teaches computer classes at a tech school and I used to teach classes in word processing, etc., downtown.  Number at the church is 788-4888.

Ana

mmorrison, do you have a group together? what are your hours?  my mom is definitely interested.

Ana.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

mmorrison

We don't have any definite schedule for classes right now, but we'd be more than happy to find a time that would be convenient for your mom.  Generally, Tuesdays and Fridays are pretty much good all day as well as Monday and Wednesday mornings.  My husband teaches at night, so weeknights are more difficult.  He'd also be willing to help out on a Saturday.  The number at the church is 788-4888.  You can just ask for me (Mary).   :) 

Ana

Thank you Mary.  I will get in touch with you after I talk to my Mom.

Ana.