Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Infant Massage Instruction

Started by wellkneadedbaby, September 26, 2005, 08:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

Juliet...you have seemed to miss the point
this is not about colic...nevermind
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

hvychev

How do you people feel about "spanking" your kids when they get out of line?

Berwyn Patsy

I am from the old school and have occsionally spanked all my children. I think they have all grown up and become productive caring human beings?  The funny part about raising kids is, you can never go back and do it differentley.  So you hope for the best and raise them the best you know how, and love them unconditionally.  I can not stand it if my grandchildren are being spanked or getting time out.  Grandchildren are another seperate thread!!

OakParkSpartan

Do wellkneadedbabys grow up to be Pillsbury DoughBoys?

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

mom

I think part of the problem is that we no longer have extended families living nearby. In the past, you would hae a grandmother, sister, aunt, cousin or other family member around to give new moms a break or offer advice that actually may have worked. Now, new parents are being told that the medical profession and other "experts" know best and to ignore their own intuition. (This is also what happened at the turn of the last centuary when childbirth became a medical problem over a natural part of life.) The problem can be that the ideas for what works change regularly. When my oldest was born, advice was to put them to sleep in their side, then it changed to put them on their tummy, now I have been told that it changed again. What are we supposed to believe?  There are ads that protray having an infant sleeping with an adult will cause them to die. Co-sleeping happens to be the rule in countries around the world, and it is not a problem.

My oldest niece cried for days on end. She was happiest when carried bent over someone's arm - head down. I came over regularly and sent my sister down to the local coffee shop, library, or for just a walk in the park nearby - anything for her to get some minutes to herself. Even families are all disconnected from each other now.
"Life's most persistant and urgent question is: What are you doing for others?" Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Bear

I truly hated to resurrect this thread, but being the protector of those not
able to protect themselves I have chosen to do such.

For you hapless mommies who have more money than parenting skills, if you
have contacted this "creature" about kneading your child, be sure to ask her
why she was dismissed as an instructor at Northwestern business college.

After seeing this thread, Bear in his eternal wisdom and has decided
to start a new business concern to address and correct issues brought upon this thread
by those who need such...apparently there is a great need for those who do not have
the ability to handle child rearing coupled with a mindless quest for wealth in the workplace
to build a better bungalow and stock portfolio, without those pesky problems of life getting in the
way.

To those of you with faced with that dilemma, Bear has created a hands on focus group for people in
this situation. You will be able to eliminate your life coach, pet physic and shrink...Truly one stop
shopping for the dysfunctional family.

Bear brings to the table 51 years of dealing with disturbed human beings and a positive mindset that that will
eliminate all problems in your life, our course will utilize EST and Dale Carnegie concepts, this is not for the weak
of heart, however results are guaranteed. You WILL stop beating your child in public at Jewel after this program.

This is an intensive 10 hour course that will be held on October 31, hubby, kids and pets must be present.
Course fee per family is $1500, we are limited to twenty family's per course packet. You will receive confirmation
of venue upon payment. VISA/Master card only.

"Make it" a great day for you and yours. E-mail me here with your confirmation...But hurry spots
are filling up quickly!

...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

OakParkSpartan

I suggest you just do a seminar Bear...charge $1500 for the seminar then charge $3000 for "Mentoring".  You could be like Carlton Sheets on late night TV.  Happy couples whose children don't recognize them could come on and vouch for the success of your program.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato