News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Need some Pad See Ew

Started by Guy_on_Clinton, May 31, 2005, 12:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chandasz

Amarind is amazingly good! I recommend it highly

Paul Fuentes

Reading these threads just makes me hungry and.........FAT!!!

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on July 20, 2005, 10:49:22 PM
Reading these threads just makes me hungry and.........FAT!!!

Dinner tonight consisted of Satay, Fresh Spring Rolls, Yum Neua (a beef salad, nice and hot/spicy) and veggies in oyster sauce.

Great little place South on Harlem, called Bahn Thai.  Just south of the new soccer stadium, on the west side of the street.

Cheers,
Brian

PS.  Paul, I get the same way reading LTHForum.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

shrugger

my wife brought home some food from Bahn a couple weeks ago... I had some noodle dish with ground chicken, not sure what it was called. good stuff though, I think it was "medium" spicy and it had that perfect blend of sweet and spicy that I think makes thai food so great. kind of builds up as you eat it instead of burning your mouth right away.

we'll be trying it again now that we have a carryout menu. my wife works practically across the street... but it would still be nice to have someplace a little closer to drive (or even walk) to on a friday night.
we must cultivate our garden

franklin train

P.S. Bancock on Clark st! awesome! i agree its definately worth a trip... You'll all love it.         3345 N. Clark St.

Bear

I think I will cruise to Bahn to check it out
today...Can anyone make a good recommendation
on what to try?...Remember, I am a carnivorous
kind of guy...and heat is good!
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

OakParkSpartan

Follow my meal above, and you should be happy.  Substitute some flesh for the veggies.  Haven't had many other meat dishes there in recent visits.  Be aware the Yum Neua is enough for a meal in and of itself.

And PS Bangkok is great.  Their Sunday buffet is incredible.  I love the chefs crispy pad thai (sweet and crunch is usually a good combo).  Also try the Durian if you have the chance...it tasted pretty good (on the dessert table).  For those that haven't visited, the buffet consists of about 40+ different dishes, from appetizers to salads to meat dishes to desserts.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Paul Fuentes

Took OakPArkSpartan's recommendation on Thai food and, in my role as an "undocumented" delivery man, brought quite an impressive meal to my family.  First, I preordered two slabs of ribs from the Pit on Roberts Road in Hickory Hills.  They have an in-house smoker for the pig sides.  Pick up time, 30 mins. This was for the rugrats, as they love the pig bones.

On the way, I stopped at Bhan Thai on Harlem and ordered up some spicy beef dish and spring roles.  PAid for the Thai, went to pick up the ribs, and on the way back picked up the Thai.

All I can say, is that OakPArk was right on.  The Thai food was not only very good, but spiced up just right for my palate.  Wimpy tongues need not apply.

Highlander

OakParkSpartan

Buffy,

Did you get medium or hot?  I find medium there to be pretty intense, but not enough that the heat is over-powering.

Cheers,
Brian

Paul Fuentes

Hot.

I am so hot right now that my index finger sizzles immediately upon contact with my protruding buttocks,or any other part of my body for that matter.  Like striking a hot iron.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on July 24, 2005, 12:12:06 AM
Hot.

I am so hot right now that my index finger sizzles immediately upon contact with my protruding buttocks,or any other part of my body for that matter.  Like striking a hot iron.

Too much information...Waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy too much information.

Cheers,
Brian

nelson

New Pot on Lake Ave in Oak Park. We moved to North Berwyn a few years back and was missing the culinary eclectisism of our old Chicago heighborhood. We  convinced New Pot to deliver to us and they do on an almost weekly basis.

kurto

Mama Thai on Madison in OP - cant beat the quality or the price.
The most efficient form of birth control is to spend a Saturday afternoon at North Riverside Mall

Guy_on_Clinton

Quote from: nelson on September 19, 2005, 12:37:29 PM
New Pot on Lake Ave in Oak Park. We moved to North Berwyn a few years back and was missing the culinary eclectisism of our old Chicago heighborhood. We  convinced New Pot to deliver to us and they do on an almost weekly basis.

Will they deliver to Cermak & Clinton????  If so, whats their phone number, and how's the Pad See Ew????
SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

nelson

Call and beg, then tip well if they do. That's how we started and now they are familiar with us. It's my hope that if more Berwynites call they'll officially expand their delivery area. As far as I know we're the only delivery in Berwyn.

franklin train

Hey Clinton Dude!   There's more on the menu...   How about we take the women out to dinner one of these days?