News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

This proposed bill reminds me of Muddy Waters

Started by billyjean, June 09, 2011, 11:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang54

After what I heard on the Loop today I think I know why the suits in the music industry are pushing for a bill.
The guy on the Loop said John Bon Jovi made a statement that when the band gets back from this tour of Europe they are going to sit down and discuss a realignment of their business plan. He said Tommy Lee of Motley Crue and Vivian Campbell of Def Leppard have recently made similar statements. That leads me to believe the rock n rollers are pissed off at the lack of sales and are going on their own with no label as The Eagles and Journey did. After all the groups all have their own recording studios now. They can promote themselves and cut a deal with a retailer like Wal Mart or Best Buy.
  What the bands might have finally realized is the industry has pushed rap crap and hip hop slop down the throats of todays youth for so long because those artists were easier targets to exploit than the rock dudes who learned from the lessons of the groups before them is that the young mass of new rock n roll buyers and concert goers is not there anymore and they see it.This is going to be one interesting battle to see who controls what and how. It wouldn't surprise me if we are buying alot more music at Walmart and downloading audio and video for a price direct from the bands sites.