News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

TONINI'S ITALIAN MARKET ****LATEST NEWS/SPECIALS/COUPONS****

Started by tlcnurse, March 16, 2010, 08:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlcnurse

Does anyone know anything about chicken or turkey sausage. I am sure for it to be a fresh product we would need lamb casings since pig casings are to big. If anyone has any idea or knowledge please let me know. I would definitely try it.

By the way Zepoles will be in tomorrow. We will have Custard, Chocolate Custard & Cannoli. The custard zepoles are $1.49 & the cannoli zepoles are $1.99

seebee

I certainly don't have any idea, but why would pig casings be "too big?"
(I've been threatening to make chicken / turkey sausage for about 6 months now. I have pig casings in the fridge, ground chicken and turkey in the freezer ready to go. Are my casings too big?)

P.S. I'm just looking for Italian style sausages - mild and hot, nice hit of garlic, not too salty.

tlcnurse

My theory is meats that tend to be lean remain juicy with smaller casings since they will cook through faster. We feel that our Barese sausage is juicier with the smaller casings since it cooks faster all the way through. Chicken & Turkey are so lean that I feel the inside may be juicy but the outside would be dry. I think if we do this we might as well try it both ways. Also do you think a mixture or dark & white meat or just white meat?

I was thinking of a garlicky sausage with a hint of maybe asiago or parm for a "mild" version & adding a little crushed red pepper for a "medium" version. Maybe with a little splash of vino for moisture.

The other question I have is it poached before hand, smoked, raw. I am not sure what has to be done to it. Any info or suggestions let me know. I will start investigating it further.

buzz

I just googled "how do I make turkey sausage" and there's 25K responses.  One says it's for Italian turkey sausage !  I didn't check out any of the sites or recipes.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: buzz on March 08, 2011, 09:40:20 PM
I just googled "how do I make turkey sausage" and there's 25K responses.  One says it's for Italian turkey sausage !  I didn't check out any of the sites or recipes.
OMG - Buzz.  How do I break this to you?  Turkey and sausage were never meant to coexist in the same sentence except here on BTF and with great regret.

buzz

Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

seebee

Quote from: tlcnurse on March 08, 2011, 08:54:18 PM
My theory is meats that tend to be lean remain juicy with smaller casings since they will cook through faster. We feel that our Barese sausage is juicier with the smaller casings since it cooks faster all the way through. Chicken & Turkey are so lean that I feel the inside may be juicy but the outside would be dry. I think if we do this we might as well try it both ways. Also do you think a mixture or dark & white meat or just white meat?

I was thinking of a garlicky sausage with a hint of maybe asiago or parm for a "mild" version & adding a little crushed red pepper for a "medium" version. Maybe with a little splash of vino for moisture.

The other question I have is it poached before hand, smoked, raw. I am not sure what has to be done to it. Any info or suggestions let me know. I will start investigating it further.

DEFINITELY NOT just white meat. Mixture or dark only.

As for the cheese, I dunno, I'm just looking for regular old Italian style sausage. One hot, one mild - neither too salty. There are recipes all over the web, I've just been too darn lazy to make them, but we sure have been buying a bunch of chicken sausage and meatballs from Trader Joe's - and liking them.

tlcnurse

Well we are going to look into it a little further & will most likely attempt a chicken sausage. I will let you know when that happens. I am sure we will sample it out at the store to get some feedback.

When you get it from Trader's is it raw or does it appear to have been pre-cooked in some way?

seebee

The ones we have been getting from Trader Joe's are pre-cooked, but we can go down to Paulina Meat Market and buy raw ones, Whole Foods sells raw chicken snausages too. The Tj ones are more "convenience items." I know you guys are busy and all - just let me know if/when you make em. I'll be there with $ in hand. I'd prefer raw cuz I'd love to toss em on the grill for a while. I totally understand if you are hesitant of selling raw poultry sausage for whatever the reasons may be. Maybe raw / frozen would work?

P.S. just another data point  - you can add fat if needed. Also, Moo& Oink sells raw turkey hot links that are insanely juicy and flavorfull- even after a low temp hour and a half smoke. Turkey works just fine. I'd assume you might just have to add some extra fat to the mixture? Again, I have no idea, just trying to throw ideas out. I might be totally wrong.

tlcnurse

We are looking into making chicken sausage in the near future so I will post when we have some to sample & sell.

We are also making Focaccia sandwiches. This sandwich is on our 9" Homemade Focaccia Bread & loaded with whatever you would like from Meatballs to Italian Beef to Italian Sausage, Lunch Meats, Chicken Parm etc. After we load it with whatever you desire we will bake it in the oven. It is an awesome sandwich we tried with many customers now requesting it on a regular basis. The price ranges from $6.99 to $10.99 & there is plenty for at least 2 people to share.

Crunchie

tlcnurse

Very low amount of salt in our homemade meatballs. If you watched the show you can see exactly how we make out meatballs & the ingredients. We used very little considering we ground about 30lbs of pork with beef & used maybe 2tbsp of salt. We rely more on garlic, black pepper & parsley for flavor. I am very cautious with the use of salt since so many people have cardiac disease that requires them to monitor their diet. We do not use base in our soups either for the same reason.

tlcnurse

We will be adding another very special Kruncher to the menu in honor of my cousin Cpt. Kevin Carter who is a MD in the United States Army currently serving in Iraq. He was just deployed a little over a week ago leaving behind his wife & 2 month old baby girl. Before he left we asked him what his favorite sandwich is & it is a Tuna Melt. So the "Carter" Kruncher will be on the menu starting this Friday with $1.00 of every "Carter" Kruncher being donated to the American Legion till he returns home. The "Carter" Kruncher is our Homemade Tuna Salad with your choice of cheese piled high on our Kruncher bread & toasted in the oven. I guess you can say our version of his Tuna Melt. So be sure to try one they are absolutely delicious & a great option during Lent.  :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

tlcnurse

Hello Everyone!
We have a Special today only at Tonini's. You can get a 6" Homemade Pepper & Egg sandwich for only $3.49 each. This is the real deal. We only use real eggs  with a mixture of fried green peppers & roasted red peppers. If you love pepper & egg sandwiches then you will definitely love this one!

We also have Easter Calzone available in 4 kinds. We have Spinach & Artichoke, Italian Sausage, Four Cheese & Italian Meats (Ham & Salami)
We are selling them by the slice, half or whole pies. The deli girls are sampling so if you are interested be sure to ask for a taste. We are also taking pre-orders for Easter Calzone which you can call in at (708)484-4590.

Remember the "Carter" Kruncher which is our version of the Tuna Melt is available every day. We are donating $1.00 for every "Carter" Kruncher sold to the Commodore Barry American Legion Post to support our Veterans & assist with the great work they do at Hines VA Hospital.

tlcnurse

We have Easter goodies coming in tomorrow. We will have several new cookies available that I will further explain. We will also be able to accept orders for Easter Lamb or Bunny Cakes as well as individual mini Easter Egg Bunny Cakes. We will require that all orders are placed 3 days before you would like to pick them up. The Easter Lamb & Bunny cakes are $14.99 each & the Mini Easter Egg Bunny Cakes are $1.49 each.

We will have Easter Egg shaped sugar cookies in a variety of colors with sprinkles on top. We will have Strawberry Sandwich cookies which are butter cookies filled with strawberry butter cream then dipped in white chocolate & topped with spring colored sprinkles. We will also have Chocolate Spring Sprinkle cookies which is a chocolate butter cookie with spring sprinkles on top. They all are unbelievably good & will be available through Easter.

We also have a new Kruncher the Spicy Meatball for $7.99. This has our meatballs, pepperoni, choice of mozzarella or provolone cheese & your choice of peppers fried green peppers or giardineria so you can control the heat on this one.

tlcnurse

Hello Everyone!
Well we have added another new Kruncher to the list. It is the Cuban Kruncher which has sliced pork loin, ham, swiss cheese, pickles & mustard is optional. It is toasted in the oven & served hot. It is $8.99 & will be featured on our facebook giveaway for tomorrow.
Thanks!
Taresa

tlcnurse

We have 2 in store specials for tomorrow 4/17/11....

Buy (1) 1lb bag or more of shredded mozzarella & (1) container of Homemade Pizza Sauce get 1 Free Bag of Homemade Dough. Limit 1 Offer per Customer per Visit. Can not be combined with giveaways.

Italian Beef special for $11.99. This includes (1)Lb of our Homemade Italian Beef, (1) Loaf of Bread & 1/4lb of either fried peppers or giardineria. Limit 1 Offer per Customer per Visit. This offer can not be combined with our giveaways.

Thank You & Enjoy!

seebee

tlcnurse - just tried your pasta salad with tuna - (shells and tuna)
Thanks for making your own, real, food.
You ever make chicken salad with chicken, onion, celery, salt, pepper, and real mayo, I'm all in. The plain tuna salad wasn't ready when I was there, but I saw the girls making the pasta salad with tuna, and the real mayo was being used. Had to try it.
Glad I did. Chicken salad might take a little more time, or cost more, but, imo, there is no place around here that can make a chicken salad worth my money. Too many fillers, cheap, sugar laden garbage mayo, whatever the case may be. So simple, yet for some reason, it just can't be done. I do know that back in the day, there were a few food service joints that would sell bags of frozen, pre chopped, chicken meat. not sure of the cost on that. I know that making it from scratch is time consuming because of pulling the chicken, but other than that, it's a snap, and should be pretty cheap. I know I'm only one out of the crowd of many that comes in, but I live around the corner, and like the fact that you are there and try to listen, so - another suggestion - REAL CHICKEN SALAD. I understand if it doesn't work out for you. If you ever make it, just post something here, and I'll be there asap.

tlcnurse

Thanks SeeBee for the compliments. I definitely listen to my customers & we will make every effort to make requested recipes. I spoke with Dave & we will make it from scratch with real chicken breasts using only Hellmann's Mayo. We will have it for you this week. He just has to order the chicken breasts so once we get it I will make a post here. He will also be making chicken sausage this week.
Thanks Again for your continued support!

tlcnurse

TONINI'S ITALIAN MARKET
6950 Windsor in Berwyn (708) 484-4590
Hours are Mon-Fri 9am-7pm, Sat 9am-6pm & Sun 9am-5pm. Closed Easter Sunday

Hello Everyone! Well Easter is on it's way & usually Spring along with it. We have brought in 10 flavors of gelato & sorbetto this week with another 10 coming next week before Friday. We have all our Easter calzone available inb 4 cheese, Italian sausage, Italian meats & spinach with artichokes. We are selling them by the whole, half or quarter pie. We can make any specialty one you would like for Easter. Just call the store at (708) 484-4590 & place your order. We will have outdoor seating available weather permitting & will be looking to add tables & chairs inside the store. To make room we will be eliminating our wine section & will be placing our current stock of wine on sale. We have a wonderful selection or Easter cookies & will be taking orders for the Easter lamb & bunny cakes made the traditional way with pound cake. We will require a 3-4 day notice for the cakes. They feed approximately 15 people & are $14.99 each. We also have mini bunny cakes for $1.49 each that are a great treat for kids. We will be closed on Easter sunday so that we may all enjoy the holiday with family & friends. We ask that everyone pre-order ricotta cheese & Italian sausage so that everyone will get what they need for the holiday. Ricotta cheese has been an issue with obtaining quantity from Chellino so we will also be carrying Mancuso for the holiday. If you are unfamiliar with Mancuso it is Chellino's family & is extremely similar but seems to last much longer. Now for the coupons. There are no rain-checks, exceptions or substitutions. We are not responsible for typographical errors. Please print this email which will act as your coupons. Coupons valid from 4/17/11-5/1/11. We want to sincerely thank you all for your continued support of Tonini's.

Coupon #1     $1.00 Off any Sara Lee Turkey Limit 1 Lb
Coupon #2     $1.00 Off any Sara Lee Ham Limit 1Lb
Coupon #3     $1.00 Off Lipari Old Tyme Munster Cheese Limit 1Lb
Coupon #4     $1.00 Off Great Lakes American Cheese Limit 1Lb
Coupon #5     Vienna Corned Beef $5.99Lb  Limit 1Lb
Coupon #6     Krakus Ham $3.99Lb Limit 1Lb
Coupon #7     Cotto Salami $2.99Lb  Limit 1Lb
Coupon #8     Maestro Imported Proscuitto $13.99Lb Limit 1b (Reg $16.99) WOW
Coupon #9     Butterball Italian Turkey Breast $4.99Lb Limit 1Lb
Coupon #10   $1.00 Off Del Alpe Mild Provolone Chunks Limit 2pcs
Coupon #11   Imported Belgioso Romano $6.99Lb (Reg $8.99lb) Limit 2pcs
Coupon #12   Tuma Cheese $4.99Lb Limit 2 pcs
Coupon #13   Our Homemade Italian Beef $6.99Lb Limit 2Lbs
Coupon #14   Our Homemade Italian Sausage $2.99Lb when 5lbs or more.
Coupon #15   Our Italian Bakery Cookies $5.99Lb (Reg $6.99lb) Limit 2Lbs
Coupon #16   $1.00 Off Our Homemade Qts of Frozen Sauce Limit 3
Coupon #17   $1.00 Off Our Homemade Qts of Frozen Soup Limit 3
Coupon #18   $1.00 Off any Kruncher Sandwich Limit 2
Coupon #19   Our Homemade Sicilian Olive Salad Mild or Hot $3.99Lb Limit 2Lbs
Coupon #20   Fanelli Brand Pasta .79c a Bag Limit 3

RAFFLE FOR $50.00 GIFT CERTIFICATE. Please fill out & turn in at the store ONLY.

NAME_______________________________________________________________

PHONE NUMBER_____________________________________________________

EMAIL ADDRESS_____________________________________________________