News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

201 School Board Meeting Wed.

Started by Shelley, March 06, 2006, 03:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelley

It appears this month's meeting is again at Morton East (Wed. at 7:00).  A few months back some residents requested that the board meetings alternate between West and East in order to allow better/more participation from residents.  One meeting was held at West, but it seems that the official schedule has not been changed.  I plan to send this letter to the board and have it read aloud at the meeting, if permitted.  If you care to have your name signed on the letter, feel free to contact me by a reply to this post or through this site OR feel free to copy and paste my letter with your signature and send on your own:

March 6, 2006

Dear District 201 School Board:

In order to allow the opportunity for Berwyn residents to better participate in school board meetings, please consider alternating the location of your monthly meetings between Morton West and Morton East.  Currently, school board meetings are regularly held at Morton East.  This makes it inconvenient for Berwyn residents to attend.  Since community participation has been described as minimal and identified as a major obstacle faced by the administration and school board, perhaps steps to increase parent and community participation should be a priority.  Please make this change official by voting to alternate the location of monthly school board meetings. 

Best Regards,

Shelley Titzer