News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Emerson preschool playgroup

Started by Shelley, April 14, 2006, 10:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelley

A few weeks ago I was able to visit the kindergarten class at Emerson school.  I was very impressed with the strong focus on literacy.  The class was working in small groups on reading and writing activities based on "Green Eggs and Ham".  The teacher was able to connect individually with students in evaluating their work on the spot...giving that very valuable immediate feedback.  They were writing sentences about foods they liked and disliked, playing a dice game that required addition and counting skills, and reading aloud. 

Mrs. Sadie Walton, the kindergarten teacher, and I talked at length about all of the new Berwyn residents in the area who are interested in learning more about the public schools.  We are interested in creating a preschool playgroup for families of young children who may be considering sending their children to Emerson in the future.  The group will be very informal with a focus on socializing and letting the kids play.  Mrs. Walton has offered her classroom as a meeting place on Thursday April 27th from 3:15-4:00.  I thought this would be a great excuse to get together and maybe learn a bit about our public school. 

Please spread the word to neighbors or friends who are within the Emerson boundaries, however, I ask that you RSVP to me at titzers@yahoo.com so that I know how many adults/kids to expect.  Emerson is located at 31st and Clinton. 

Hope to see you there!!

Shelley