News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Another Berwyn Clusterfuck

Started by OakParkSpartan, December 28, 2007, 11:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonster

Quote from: Bear on January 06, 2008, 09:14:13 PM
The OC never had the intellect, business acumen, or qualified people as potential candidates to make the sweeping change we all expected.

The hapless dimwits from the old admin formed a line to OC's office after the election swearing  allegiance to the newly elected "mayor."
Your alderman was an IVB'er.  Now is an old guard follower.  How dare you talk about her like that!
The "new" old guard looking to take POWER also sticks up for another "hapless dimwit" ex-IVB'er in #6, thank you.
The old is new again.

The OC also recently put some strong arm tactics on 60402 biz owners for a $500 ticket per head ivb fundraiser to go see the Bulls by bus.
Like the strong arm tactics of the old guard (looking to be the new guard once again)?
From what I've heard, I'd doubt it.  Doesn't make it right, though.

Tell us whom was strong-armed that you know of.

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Crunchie

Keep in mind this is the same guy who walked into a firehouse dressed as a ninja and fired blanks
from an assault weapon at firefighters on duty.
You're kidding, right?

Ted

The OC also recently put some strong arm tactics on 60402 biz owners for a $500 ticket per head ivb fundraiser to go see the Bulls by bus.

He always chastised the old admin for questionable fundraising tactics, yet he is now doing it himself.

...  Your tax dollars reinvested in a political fund.

To my knowledge, the IVB has NOT had any kind of fund raiser recently involving going to a Bulls game.  I am a member of the IVB and I usually get the IVB fund raising letters and flyers.  I think I would have received a letter about a fund raiser involving going to see the Chicago Bulls.  I did not receive any letters or emails from the IVB regarding a fund raiser involving going to a Chicago Bulls game. 

Also, what evidence do you have that tax dollars went to the IVB??  How would that have happened?

Bear, my friend, I think you have a mixed up story here.

Ted

Ted

Back to the original topic on the city administrator,  Nona Chapman has an item on the agenda to remove the city administrator position and transfer the money for the city administrator into the police and fire pension funds.

Ted

Ted

"I would only add that the current administration is loaded with old administration seeds."

Correctomundo Bons. The well intentioned followers of the IVB fully expected a house cleaning
of "life in the food chain" after the election. That never happened.

Huh??!!!

O'Connor got rid of the following department heads from the previous administration:  the police chief, the city collector, the director of public works, the building director, the finance director, the city attorney and the community relations director.

The only department heads that he kept were the fire chief and the library director (although he did try to get rid of the library director and was over-ruled by the city council).

As for positions below department head, he cannot fire union-contracted people based on political connections to the BRDO.  That would be contrary to the union contracts. Plus, based on comments by PW workers on this site, I think most of them hate O'Connor's guts.

O'Connor seems to be damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.   If he gets rids of BRDO people, he is accused of playing politics;  if he keeps BRDO people, he is accused of loading his administration with old BRDO types.  He can't win, based on those criteria.

Let's state the facts - the facts are that O'Connor has replaced most of the department heads from the BRDO days.  And, the fact is that most of the BRDO patronage workers still have their union jobs with the city. And,the reality of the situation is that most of those BRDO patronage workers that have the union jobs will be working for Bob Lovero's election in April, 2009.

Ted

Artanis1215

As for positions below department head, he cannot fire union-contracted people based on political connections to the BRDO. -from Ted's quote

He cannot fire union-contractual people based on the union contract Ted, not based on connections to any organization.  Come on Ted, I know you are smarter than that.

Bonster

Nona Chapman has an item on the agenda to remove the city administrator position and transfer the money for the city administrator into the police and fire pension funds.

I wonder what reason? 

Since she won't post here, gotta email her or take off work and go to the big show. 

Ted

Quote from: Artanis1215 on January 07, 2008, 08:03:31 AM
As for positions below department head, he cannot fire union-contracted people based on political connections to the BRDO. -from Ted's quote

He cannot fire union-contractual people based on the union contract Ted, not based on connections to any organization.  Come on Ted, I know you are smarter than that.

Another Huh??  That's what I said.  The union contract prohibits a mayor from firing someone for political reasons.

Bonster

Semantics, semantics. 
Artanis is saying he can't fire 'em due to the union contract, period, which encompasses firing for any other reason (political).

gizmodog

Quote from: Bonster on January 07, 2008, 08:28:40 AM
Nona Chapman has an item on the agenda to remove the city administrator position and transfer the money for the city administrator into the police and fire pension funds.

Ms. Chapman may have an agenda item, but will it conflict with what seems to be the Mayor and Human Resource Director's plan reported last week in the Life newspaper.  The article said that they were rewriting the job description for the administrator and planning to increase the salary to $150K.

Excuse me for being a cynic, but what are the odds after those adjustment that Brian Pabst will throw his hat in the ring again and be selected as the only qualified candidate, then taking the job for $40K more than what the Mayor and Council previously offered him?

cubbie07

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Bonster on Yesterday at 08:28:40 AM

Ms. Chapman may have an agenda item, but will it conflict with what seems to be the Mayor and Human Resource Director's plan reported last week in the Life newspaper.  The article said that they were rewriting the job description for the administrator and planning to increase the salary to $150K.

Excuse me for being a cynic, but what are the odds after those adjustment that Brian Pabst will throw his hat in the ring again and be selected as the only qualified candidate, then taking the job for $40K more than what the Mayor and Council previously offered him?

That would just be typical Berwyn Politics at it's finest.  What ever happened to the time clocks that the H.R. Director wanted and installed?  Is any department using them yet?
Oh well,  There's always next year...

Homebody

"To my knowledge, the IVB has NOT had any kind of fund raiser recently involving going to a Bulls game.  I am a member of the IVB and I usually get the IVB fund raising letters and flyers.  I think I would have received a letter about a fund raiser involving going to see the Chicago Bulls.  I did not receive any letters or emails from the IVB regarding a fund raiser involving going to a Chicago Bulls game."

Ted, the IVB didn't hold this fundraiser because I'm guessing iit was held by The Friends of Mike O'Connor. "Friends" fundraising letters go to people with $$ as well as business owners. Money collected by "Friends of Mike O'Connor" does not go into the IVB kitty. I'm sure you understand now why the invitation was not in your mail box. These political funders and who benefits can be confusing. Right? Homebody

Ted

Quote from: Homebody on January 09, 2008, 05:38:59 PM
"To my knowledge, the IVB has NOT had any kind of fund raiser recently involving going to a Bulls game.  I am a member of the IVB and I usually get the IVB fund raising letters and flyers.  I think I would have received a letter about a fund raiser involving going to see the Chicago Bulls.  I did not receive any letters or emails from the IVB regarding a fund raiser involving going to a Chicago Bulls game."

Ted, the IVB didn't hold this fundraiser because I'm guessing iit was held by The Friends of Mike O'Connor. "Friends" fundraising letters go to people with $$ as well as business owners. Money collected by "Friends of Mike O'Connor" does not go into the IVB kitty. I'm sure you understand now why the invitation was not in your mail box. These political funders and who benefits can be confusing. Right? Homebody

Homebody,  thanks.  Are you sure the "Friends of MIchael O'Connor" organization had this fund raiser?  I usually get flyers and mailings from the "Friends of Michael O'Connor" as well and I did not get any mail on this. 

Ted

Bonster

So...which 60402 business owners were recently "strong-armed" by the OC, err, "Friends of Mike O'Connor" regarding this?

Berwyn Patsy

So, what is the orginization "Friends of Mike OConner" all about?
Is it like his own Fan Club?

Bonster

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on January 09, 2008, 06:24:30 PM

You can't be serious.

Ted

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on January 09, 2008, 06:24:30 PM

LOL....  No, the "Friends of Michael O'Connor" is the organization that funds O'Connors campaigns, versus the IVB fund raisers, which are to fund the organization Independent Voters of Berwyn.

Bob Lovero does the same thing.  He has the  "Committee of Elect Robert J Lovero"  organization as well the existence of the Democratic Citizens of Berwyn. The former is a PAC to elect a specific individual while the latter is a political organization.

Berwyn Patsy

Bonster, why do you alway doubt me??  (you can't be serious)  LOL!!

Bonster

Cuz I'd sooner expect that kind of naivete out of me, BP.  ;)
That's got to be one of the most common naming conventions used for committees to elect/support anyone...

Friends of the Spindle Foundation

Friends of Terri Shonder

Friends of Waguespack...

Berwyn Friends of the GOP, Inc

oh, and lest we forget:

Friends of Michael J Woodward

Bear

Friends of Bear!

Yea!.....My very own slush fund!

You can keep it forever, avoid taxes on it, and essentially take
all the money and run. What a concept.

I don't think I would last long enough in the political fray
to enjoy it tho.

That truth and honesty deal pisses some people off.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...