News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Craig's Shoes formerly Alamo Shoes

Started by craigsshoes, May 31, 2007, 04:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ana

Quote from: delbowz on December 22, 2008, 04:18:53 PM
I want to give a GLOWING review of Craigs Shoes.  The service is AMAZING, and they have great prices and selection as well!  I was drawn in by a sign advertising a sale on UGGs.  They had a pair of UGGs that I have been unable to find for several months.  They didn't have my size, but they called around and had them the next day.  They also have a great selection of children's shoes - including stride rite and sketchers.  They are so very knowledgable about all of the lines they carry (e.g. what runs big, small, etc) - and so very helpful (willing ot search for shoes that aren't on the sales floor).  They also offer lay away!  I'm so glad we have this gem of a store in Berwyn!

I was there last Saturday (in a hurry, opted for Craig's to avoid the headache of the mall) and was expecting the same service and selection of the previous owner.  Craig has brought to our Berwyn what I expect of a former Andersonville Alamo Shoes and he stepped it up a notch or two or ten just for us.  Thank you Craig -- I LOVE your store (and the fact that you are not at the mall)!
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Bonster

^^ ...for what types of shoes?

my ol' lady's reviews were not as glowing ...
I'll check it out myself and report back... I'm in dire need of shoes...
I used to like Jarman at the HIP, but they're no longer around.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

delbowz

They have a nice selection of Boots.  THey are expanding thier selection of womens shoes - I don't know that there was more than 1 pair of regular shoes in there that I consider my style - but the boots... I love 'em.  They also have a HUGE selection of crocs - which I hated until I got my kids some.  The kids shoes selection was also great...
I didn't spend too much time scouting out the mens shoes, so I can't really give advice there.
Life is too important to be taken seriously. - Oscar Wilde

Terri

The males in my house have been happy w/Craig's selection.   Ditto on the comments from Ana and delbowz. 

Also positive reviews from YELP:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/craigs-shoes-berwyn

Nazerac

so, would it be a safe bet to go there tonight and be able to pick up a nice pair of women's UGGs for a Christmas gift?  What is their return policy?  I doubt that I can do a good job picking the right one/size.

Terri

Quote from: Nazerac on December 23, 2008, 10:33:23 AM
so, would it be a safe bet to go there tonight and be able to pick up a nice pair of women's UGGs for a Christmas gift?  What is their return policy?  I doubt that I can do a good job picking the right one/size.
Calll, ask them to hold a few in the size you want, bets are boots are selling well today.  I've never had a problem w/returns. 

Nazerac

Quote from: Terri on December 23, 2008, 10:40:15 AM
Calll, ask them to hold a few in the size you want, bets are boots are selling well today.  I've never had a problem w/returns. 

Yeah ... size, that may be an issue.  Why don't they make all shoes in one size fits all?

Bear

As an expert in womens shoes, particularly high heels, I would suggest size 8
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

ZORBA

They must be hard to walk in, huh Bear?

delbowz

UGGS run big - just know that.  I would call if you know the size/style - if they don't have them, they can likely find them and get them by tomorrow.  They had a great selection of the latest UGGS there - they also have the Water and Stain repellant for the UGGS - for like $9.00.

Life is too important to be taken seriously. - Oscar Wilde

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: Bear on December 23, 2008, 10:58:13 AM

As an expert in womens shoes, particularly high heels, I would suggest size 8
I'm glad somebody gets some pleasure out of them as most women consider them a form of foot torture.  Being 5'10 myself I have never had a need for them - most men don't like being towered over by a woman.

Bear

"most men don't like being towered over by a woman."

Hey I don't mind at all...It is like an Amazon adventure for me.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Bear

Here is a guide for shoes NOT to select...
another public service from your City Czar...

http://www.comedy.com/blog/2008/12/17/the-5-worst-shoes-to-have-thrown-at-you/

Nazerac

Quote from: Bear on December 23, 2008, 04:03:44 PM
"most men don't like being towered over by a woman."

Hey I don't mind at all...It is like an Amazon adventure for me.

You know what they say. 

When you're nose to nose, your toes are in. 
When you're toes to toes, your nose ...

treeguy

We recently went to Craig's list and loved it.  Bought boots for the entire family.  I called there a year ago for some specialty shoes but they didn't have them then.  I was glad to see how much this store has now.  Check it out!   :)

Terri

I may wander over between dinner and football.
###
Shop at CRAIG'S SHOES this weekend for great savings!
We have a huge selection of all your favorites brands... including DANSKO, KEEN, NAOT, HAFLINGER, BOGS, UGGS, NORTH FACE AND MANY MANY MORE...

EXTRA SPECIAL SALE  
Womens Totes Boots..
Waterproof and Warm
ONLY $30

Come save on your favorite brands for the entire family.  
SPEND $50 GET $5.00 OFF
SPEND $95 GET $10.00 OFF
SPEND $135 GET $15.00 OFF
SPEND $165 GET $20.00 OFF
NOTHING WILL BE HELD BACK FROM THIS SALE
WE ARE OPEN THANKSGIVING DAY

Terri

Fabulous sale at Craig's till Sunday.

####
Craig's Shoes
CONSTRUCTION SALE

This Weekend!!
BUY ONE PAIR AT REGULAR PRICE

GET THE SECOND PAIR
1/2 OFF THE REGULAR PRICE
BUY FOUR PAIR AND GET TWO AT 1/2 OFF!
That's right! 1/2 off every second pair!

Fine Print as follows:
Half off will apply to lowest price items only!
Only applies to regularly priced items
No adjustments on prior purchases
In stock items only
We will not order shoes at 1/2 price

sale expires 9/19/2010

MERRELL, BOGS, UGGS, FRYE, ARIAT, TIMBERLAND, DANSKO, ROCKPORT, HAFLINGER, ECCO, FRANCO SARTO, ALEGRIA, NORTH FACE, STRIDE RITE... THE LIST GOES ON AND ON