News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Special District 201 meeting - July 5

Started by Ted, July 05, 2006, 10:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

There will be a special District 201 meeting today, July 5, at 5 PM to select the new principal of the Freshman Center.

Ted

Here is a synopsis of the Morton High School District 201 board meeting that occurred on July 5:

1) New principal for Freshman Center - The new principal of the Freshman Center is Joe Gunty.

2) Football coach cleans house - The new football coach, who was hired exactly one week ago today, has cleaned up house. Three assistant football coaches have resigned (Anthony Asay, David Chierico and Robert Szudaeski).

3) Morton West Dean resigns - A dean at Morton West high school, Wendy Archer-Episcopo, has resigned.

4) New girl team coaches - A head coach for girl's volleyball and an assistant coach for the pom-pom squad have been hired.

Terri

Thank you for the report,Ted.  How did you find out about the meeting? 

Terri

OakParkSpartan

It was probably posted as a public notice 3 minutes before the start, in an unused room, which some vagrant through a brick through the window, causing the paper to blow out the window, landing on teds windshield by chance.  But it was "Public Notice"
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Terri

Ted

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on July 06, 2006, 04:13:01 PM
It was probably posted as a public notice 3 minutes before the start, in an unused room, which some vagrant through a brick through the window, causing the paper to blow out the window, landing on teds windshield by chance.  But it was "Public Notice"

Nah,  they announced it at the previous board meeting one week ago... two special meetings in one month.  Lots of employees have left District 201 in the last month.

Ted

Mortonwestinsider

The reason for two special meetings in one month may have to do with the fact that the President of the board leaves the country for an extended 6 week vacation (every year). Not judging her but thats the reason!

With Joe Gunty moving to the Freshman School that leaves Morton West with

1. Brand New Principle (His first full leadership role)
2. 1 Asst Princ. with more than one years exp(he retires next year)
3. 1 Asst Princ. with one years experience
4. 2 openings(Asst Prin) while we enter the new schools within a school.
5. 2 Deans with openings for two more

and possibly 4-500 students who do not live in the community and the issue of checking for proof of Residency now out of the limelight.
And another run to pass the Referendum in November.

Ted

Quote from: Mortonwestinsider on July 10, 2006, 08:50:12 PM
The reason for two special meetings in one month may have to do with the fact that the President of the board leaves the country for an extended 6 week vacation (every year). Not judging her but thats the reason!

...  and possibly 4-500 students who do not live in the community and the issue of checking for proof of Residency now out of the limelight...

I think the main reason for both special meetings was to fill in the vacant principal positions as soon as possible.  With the sudden departure of Hector Garcia, I think the board wanted to fill in those positions before summer started to allow the new principals to prepare for the job of taking over as principal.

I think the board would have done that regardless of people's vacation's schedules.  They needed to fill in the principal positions as soon as possible. 

Why do you believe that the issue of checking residency will be out of the limelight?  I think just the opposite.  I think with the tax referendum on the ballot next fall, that residency checking will be an issue a lot of people bring up.

Ted

time after time

This is what it says on the bottom of the last report card that was mailed home:

"Registration for the 2006-2007 school year will be the week of August 14, 2006.  Further information will be mailed to you in late July.  1st day of school for ALL students is August 28, 2006.

The Registration Fee for the 2006-07 school year will be $75.00 per student.  PROOF OF RESIDENCY & GUARDIANSHIP WILL BE REQUIRED of ALL students at the time of registration.

Please call 222-5925 for information about enrolling a NEW student to Morton West."

Hopefully, we should know shortly, as late July is nearing, what type of proofs they will be asking for and allowing.

I think it's important that the referendum pass this time around for the sake of the students.  I am afraid the CARES advisory question being on the ballot at the same time may cause confusion for some.

Cindy

BountyHunter

proof of residency.  reminds me of a buddy a mine.  I said, where you livin now?  He said, next to the Eisenhower Expressway.  I said you rent, or own a home?  No, I live outta my car next to the Eisenhower.

O

BountyHunter

p.s.  Gave em too much notice.  Too much time to conjure up some fake docs.