News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Soccer in Berwyn?

Started by shrugger, June 08, 2005, 01:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shrugger

done a little snooping around the net for information on soccer clubs or leagues in Berwyn but I'm coming up dry... are there any open leagues hosted at Berwyn parks or fields? or even just a regular group of people that meet up on a weekend morning?

we must cultivate our garden

shrugger

I'm looking to get out and play a little... so an adult league/group is what I'm talking about. I'm in my late 20's. 

Seems like it's never hard to find youth (under 18) soccer programs. It's a little more difficult to track down rec leagues for us old timers. :)

P-PANTHER

no adult clubs in Berwyn. Sparta (Cicero) left a long time ago and Slovaks (Berwyn) folded. Check the various indoor facilities in the Chicago area (Odeum, Palatine, Frankfort, etc....). You may also want to try the Oak Park Tricycles.

shrugger

I know there are rec leagues in Chicago or even Oak Park, but was hoping to find something closer to home. I also had read at some point about a new field in Berwyn... I guess that is coming in at Freedom Park (Berwynite jogged my memory). Is that facility in place? Guess I should go look for myself.

If there is nothing organized in Berwyn, I was thinking that there might be a group of locals that meets up semi-regularly to kick the ball around. I haven't been in town long enough to check out all the spots on the weekends and see if "pick-up" games are getting started...

P-PANTHER

Forest Park has a good field on Harrison about 1/2 mile west of Harlem. There is also a "mini-field" on 16th next to the old Jefferson Grade School.

FYI, the Berwyn/Cicero area has produced some great soccer players over the years, including a few pros.