News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Red States Rule the Pigskin!!

Started by Paul Fuentes, July 31, 2005, 12:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Fuentes

I challenge anyone to provide evidence otherwise.  Bear Bryant rests peacefullu knowing that the Conferedaret states supply more starters in the NFL than any other region except America Samoa, whose citizens are 40 x more likely than a U.S. citizen o make the NFL.

I await the 2005 season, awaiting the crisp autum air and the sounds of helmets clashing, and a grand scheme turn the crison tide.  Yes, players make plays,  Coaching and good schemes put players in position to make th plays.

See ya'll in September.

BlackDog

OakParkSpartan

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Paul Fuentes

SEC shools are Red State schools.  And I suppose the Big 10, Big East, Mountain, WAC, or Pac-10 never breajes rules???   Hahahaha.  The Spartan's "Rock" program is the epitomy of rule breaking.  Show me a crawfish and gator eatin' lad and I'll recruit him to my program.

Bear Bryant's Ghost

P-PANTHER

Oh brother!

In case you guys haven't noticed, Chicago is a PROFESSIONAL sports town. This isn't East Lansing, College Station, Gainesville, etc...... Only the BEST of the BEST play here.

Starting to sound like a college frat party.

T-Stan RPCV

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on July 31, 2005, 11:46:59 PM
And I suppose the Big 10, Big East, Mountain, WAC, or Pac-10 never breajes rules???  

As a Colorado State grad I've never had much to cheer for on the national stage.  Thanks Paul for including the Mountain West in the same sentence as the other elite conferences, even if it is in rule breaking context.

BlackDog

[The SEC breaks rules.  NCAA recruiting rules.

Are you referring to the leprechaun from Notre Dame??   ::)

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: P-PANTHER on August 01, 2005, 06:43:25 AM
Oh brother!

In case you guys haven't noticed, Chicago is a PROFESSIONAL sports town. This isn't East Lansing, College Station, Gainesville, etc...... Only the BEST of the BEST play here.

Starting to sound like a college frat party.

Um, yeah...right.

Bears...Check
Bulls...Check
Sox...Check
Cubs...Check
Blackhawks...Check

All championship teams...

LOL
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

OakParkSpartan

I think you might want to consider how many Big Ten alums live in there area, plus other schools.  More interesting in College Sports than you might realize.

Do you think it is just an accident that the Big Ten hoops tourney is held here? (well, it rotates, but you should get the point).

Cheers,
Brian

P-PANTHER

yeah, you're right Brian, I'm going to start rooting for the Berwyn Bulldogs!!!! ;D ;D ;D

OakParkSpartan

At the risk of getting an earfull...Who are the Berwyn Bulldogs?

P-PANTHER

Bear

Well you hapless Chub fans can come down
to the south side and see baseball in October.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Paul Fuentes

Where it was meant to be played.

No Ronnie Woo-Woo here.  His ass would be hay for the Armour Park faithful.  No Roseann or Dick-tus singing the national anthem.  Baseball is not an arena for a side show, or played in an arena labeled the "friendly confines".  The ghosts of Carlos May, Pete Ward, Buddy Bradford, Dick Allen, Wilbur Wood, a young Goose Gossage and Terry forster, and also rans  like Zisk, Garr, Gamble, and others will watch the seams of a fastball twist and turn trying to determine whether it breaks or rides in high and tight ansd shatters your Kentucky lumber on a cold crisp day in late October.

Slide hard, spikes up, and break up a double play.   Sacrifice your stats to move a runner over a base.  Take a FKN pitch. 

Baseball has been bery, bery good to me. 

But not like the pigskin.  Learn not to drop it!!!

P-PANTHER

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on August 03, 2005, 12:20:06 AM
Where it was meant to be played.

On the southside? Can't get there without a passport!! ;D ;D

QuoteNo Ronnie Woo-Woo here.

Yep, you're absolutely right there. Just the Marzullo's. ;D

QuoteHis ass would be hay for the Armour Park faithful.

For more than just one reason. Hey Paul, weren't you still a prosecutor circa Lenard Clark?

QuoteBaseball is not an arena for a side show

Right again. No disco demolition, center field showers, baseball shorts, etc....... Not to mention drunken shirtless/toothless wonders pummeling 1st base coaches. ;)

Quoteor played in an arena labeled the "friendly confines".

Or the taxpayer funded mistake known as the ball mall.

P-PANTHER

My my, VERY sensitive aren't you? :D Lighten up!

Simply mentioned Berwyn's most famous (or infamous) Sox fans. The Cubs have Ronnie Woo Woo, the Sox have the Marzullo's.  ;D ;D :D :D

P.S. When is the last time I mentioned either of the two in a post?

T-Stan RPCV

Actually, Mr. Woo Woo has been known to go to the Cell.  I sat next to him there a couple years back and there was an phote  in the Trib a few weeks ago showing him there at a Sox game just before the all star break.

Gotta give the guy some credit but there is a fine line between courage and stupidity.

P-PANTHER

T-Stan,

Absolutely! Just ask Lenard Clark.

Paul Fuentes

Turkos,

As a self proclaimed 20 plus year resident of Berwyn, you know that the last few cross burnings north of the Mason-Dixon line were the proud incidents that occurred HERE.  Malaka Mori.

As a self-proclaimed member of the south side faction of a Mediterranian group, your allegiance to the Cubs concerns me.  You are THISCLOSE to doing Kefali on the Mavri in Proska Park.

Al Diablo

Paul Fuentes

My posts stand and demonstrate that the Red south knows football.  Bo knows.