News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Practice starts Tuesday

Started by OakParkSpartan, August 05, 2005, 12:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakParkSpartan

Looking forward to the season.  Probably going to drop the $100 for Gameplan.  Not sure if it worked out cheaper last year buying ala cart...but that can be a PITA.

Oh, called DirecTV, got the retention department, asked if they could do anything for a loyal customer of 2 years...they said "How about $15/mo off for 6 months"...and there you go, it pays for Gameplan!

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Guy_on_Clinton

I wonder if that kind of stuff died down? 

Are people still downloading music too? (without paying)
SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

T-Stan RPCV

After a failed comcast experiment I've been loyal to direct TV but they've recently made me nervous.  I just got an HD TV and their HD package (getting ready for kickoff).  Problem is CBS does not come in HD without an high end exterior antenna I've spoke to 3 people at DTV 2 of which indicated that they will have a new satelite up an running in September that will provide all local HD channels, but they said this was not announced yet so "don't tell anyone".  The 3rd person denied this was going to happen and tried to sell me the antenna. 

Anyone have any info on this?  I need my HD football and don't know whether to get the antenna or wait and hope.

Bear

As long as we are on media questions, I have one too. I was told if you have Comcast high-speed internet the basic cable stations come on that feed as well. Im paying $96 per mo. for high speed and basic cable and if that is the case I would save $40 per month.
Truth or urban legend?
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

T-Stan RPCV

Not sure if it's a myth or not but if your paying $96/month for high speed and basic cable you could probably do much better.  I have direct TV total choice plus with local chanels and HD and SBC high speed and I'm about $85/month.