News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Grossman Didn't Looked Bumed Out To Me

Started by ruffian, August 12, 2005, 10:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruffian

Grossman is through with the Bears.  He's got bad wheels ... he's never gonna make it.  He's like a broken down horse, doesn't matter how talented he is ... his legs can't take it.  He looked happy to me.  Doesn't he get paid no matter what?

Never liked him ....... glad he's gone.  I know your screaming, but Ruff, we don't have a quarterback !!!!!

Ruff's answer:  So what else is new?

jqpublic

The NFL needs to ban artificial turf, plain and simple. That crap has been destroying careers since its invention.
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that.

Bear

Mr 54 looked even worse allowing a 33 yard run, he looked like a high school kid,
never saw a pro so out of position in my life, he must have another paris on his little brain,
SI was very correct in their ascertation in naming him one of the most overrated in sports.
Lovie looks as clueless as Dusty
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

BlackDog

I'll never forget Grossman crying after LSU beat the Gators in the Swamp his senior year.  There's no crying in football!!

OakParkSpartan

Down at the State Fair, there is a life size cutout of him promoting milk for strong bones  :D

I found that rather ironic.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

shrugger

Quote from: Bear on August 13, 2005, 12:51:21 AM
Mr 54 looked even worse allowing a 33 yard run, he looked like a high school kid,
never saw a pro so out of position in my life, he must have another paris on his little brain,
SI was very correct in their ascertation in naming him one of the most overrated in sports.
Lovie looks as clueless as Dusty

ahh, a true Bears fan. already in midseason form it sounds like...
we must cultivate our garden

ruffian

I say Grossman's busted wheels was a blessing to us fans.  If he didn't do it preseason, he was certainly destined to do it during regular season, which would have hurt us, as we would be struggling during regular season to find our new quarterback.

To me, again, LUCK was with us when we saw how bad Hutchinson performed.  That brings us to Kyle.  From what I have learned about his stats in the four exhibitions, Orton is 27-for-42 for 409 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions. His passer rating is 92.3 which is almost 70 points higher than Hutchinson's 23.1.

Hutchinson is 20-for-42 for 211 yards, four interceptions and seven sacks.

Granted Orton has faced mostly 2nd/3rd defenses, but he is averaging something like 9.7 yards per pass attempt.  He's getting 1st downs which TO ME is very important.  Gotta have 1st downs.  I'm glad the preseason has played out the way it did.  It dispensed with the weak (Grossman), dispensed with the inapt (Hutchinson), and is giving us a hopeful (Orton).  I just hope he can put all the hoopla aside, and remember this is his big chance and to keep doing what he's doing ... the numbers are there .... so all we can do now is to see how he does against the real deal 1st defenses.

We may get to see Orton against Cleveland's 1st defenders in the final preseason game.  This will certainly will tell us more.  Our opener is just two weeks away against Washington.

That 79-yard drive was nice to watch.  His passing first downs ending nicely with a two-yard touchdown toss to Desmond Clark, I'll take that.  Score one in the win column.

Bear

Yes, the elusive 1st down, truly a rarity
with Bear fans
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...