News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Who positions the White Sox fielders?

Started by Paul Fuentes, October 05, 2005, 09:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Fuentes

I do not know, but I do know whoever it is, deserves the game ball.  The only thing that kept the White Sox from losing tonights game, was the defensive positioning of their fielders.  Many would be hits turned to outs, and extra-base hits were limited to singles.  Buehrle got a lucky win.  Red Sox hitters had his stuff timed and teed off, thankfully into the gloves of well positioned outfielders. I can probbably count on one hand the groundouts. 

Kudos to the White Sox Defense

Ted

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on October 05, 2005, 09:30:51 PM
I do not know, but I do know whoever it is, deserves the game ball.  The only thing that kept the White Sox from losing tonights game, was the defensive positioning of their fielders.  Many would be hits turned to outs, and extra-base hits were limited to singles.  Buehrle got a lucky win.  Red Sox hitters had his stuff timed and teed off, thankfully into the gloves of well positioned outfielders. I can probbably count on one hand the groundouts.  

Kudos to the White Sox Defense

It was the infield positioning as well... the shift on David Ortiz scared me because I thought he would just poke it into left field but 2 times tonight he hit the ball to Iguchi who was playing him in short right field. Without that unorthodox infield posiitioning, Ortiz gets two hits.

take care
  ted

Paul Fuentes

Ted.

Kali spera

Yes the positioning of Iguchi was brilliant.  Yes Ortiz would have had two hits.  The question remains.  Who was the brainchild of these brilliant strategies.  Rowan always seemed to be positioned right, and had to make ALOT of plays.  Dye made an easy catch of an otherwise difficult line drive. 

Some sources have indicated Buddy Ryan ws in the clubhouse prior to tonights game.  Urban myth of reality?  I don't know, but I have not seen a better defensive game played by the White Soxs in memory, particularly playoff time.

Ray Lewis   

scoon

Usually positioning of the defense is the bench coach's chore to advise the manager, with the help of alot of scouting...  But ultimately it comes down to the manager's call.

Does anyone else feel a little bit of "magic" going on here?

Ted

Quote from: scoon on October 06, 2005, 02:55:12 PM
Does anyone else feel a little bit of "magic" going on here?

Scoon,

SHHH!!!!!!!   Don't say anything or you'll jinx them.. Are you sure your name isn't Steve Bartman?

take care
  ted

Ted

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on October 05, 2005, 11:29:03 PM
Ted.

Kali spera

Yes the positioning of Iguchi was brilliant.  Yes Ortiz would have had two hits.  The question remains.  Who was the brainchild of these brilliant strategies.  Rowan always seemed to be positioned right, and had to make ALOT of plays.  Dye made an easy catch of an otherwise difficult line drive.  

Some sources have indicated Buddy Ryan ws in the clubhouse prior to tonights game.  Urban myth of reality?  I don't know, but I have not seen a better defensive game played by the White Soxs in memory, particularly playoff time.

Ray Lewis  

Paul,

Paul Konerko said in an interview after the game that it is Joey Cora who positions the players .

take care,
  ted

dukesdad

I'm still in Boston. Saw the game yesterday at Fenway. Wow! The sixth inning lasted 58 minutes and seemed like 4 hours, hid my head, couldn't watch. The place was absolutely electric. I got to take my son and it will be something that neither one of us will ever forget.

Ted

Quote from: dukesdad on October 08, 2005, 07:53:16 AM
I'm still in Boston. Saw the game yesterday at Fenway. Wow! The sixth inning lasted 58 minutes and seemed like 4 hours, hid my head, couldn't watch. The place was absolutely electric. I got to take my son and it will be something that neither one of us will ever forget.

Duke and his Dad are lucky guys.  Wish I could have been there...

tare care,
  ted

Paul Fuentes

Game ball to El Duque in game 3.  To inherit a bases loaded no out situation and come away with no runs shows the high leg kick pitcher Ozzie fought to keep on the roster paid dividens when it counted. 

P.S.  Will Berwynn honor Ozzie (Guillen, and not Cruz) a former 2nd ward resident? 

Merk Rep.