News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

For the first time in 36 Years!!!

Started by Paul Fuentes, October 16, 2005, 11:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Fuentes

We are in the world series.  What else can you say?  A no-name team, with a stingy budget made it.  Ted Korbos has truly removed the curse. 

Sincerely,

Wierd Science

Berwynite

Paul Fuentes

OOPS!!

You are so right.  Just wishing I was 34 and not 44.

Go Sox

Ted

Pinch me. I'm dreaming.  Take me back to 32nd and Canal.

take care
ted

Damn, it's 11:40 PM and I got to get up at 5:00 AM!!!  Dang.  Can I skip work tomorrow? I'm too wound up to sleep.

Paul Fuentes

Jim:

Hate to differ.  But Houston has a starting staff equal to the Sox.  Second, St. Louis is hurting right now, with injuries riddled through their lineup.  Let's root for the Cardinals.  Trust me.

Paul Fuentes

Bear

We do have a kindred relationship with the Cards, don't forget Tony Laroooosa,
and many Card fans are Sox fans since they hate the Chubs so deeply
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

Quote from: Bear on October 17, 2005, 05:59:41 AM
We do have a kindred relationship with the Cards, don't forget Tony Laroooosa,
and many Card fans are Sox fans since they hate the Chubs so deeply

Tony LaRussa PLAYED for the Cubs (in his VERY short major league career). I highly doubt he gets caught up in the nonsensical inferiority complex prevalent on the South Side. In fact, I would venture to say that he has more vitriol stored up with respect to Reinsdorf & Co. than the Cubs.

Enjoy the World Series and stop being such a pansy!!!
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

Bear

...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

dukesdad

La Russa isn't pissed at Reinsdorf, Hawk is the guy that chased him out of town. We'd have been in the Series 10 years ago if that knucklehead had never been GM.

http://www.heavethehawk.com/

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

Quote from: Bear on October 17, 2005, 01:00:08 PM
Panther, how am I being a pansy?

You're going to the World Series for the first time in 46 years and your concern lies with the.............................CUBS???????

Only small people, ie pansies, have such inferiority complexes. ENJOY THE RIDE!!!!
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

Bear

Panther, you misunderstood my post, I was speaking of the parralels
between the Cards and the Sox

BlackDog

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on October 17, 2005, 12:38:10 AM
Jim:

Hate to differ.  But Houston has a starting staff equal to the Sox.  Second, St. Louis is hurting right now, with injuries riddled through their lineup.  Let's root for the Cardinals.  Trust me.

Paul Fuentes

I agree with Paul (for the 2nd time!!!)  Houston's pitchers are real good and Clemens is a madman.  Did you see the 60 minutes piece on him a few years ago?  I'm rooting for the Cards.

Bear

Quote from: P-PANTHER on October 17, 2005, 01:47:37 PM
Quote from: Bear on October 17, 2005, 01:00:08 PM
Panther, how am I being a pansy?

You're going to the World Series for the first time in 46 years and your concern lies with the.............................CUBS???????

Only small people, ie pansies, have such inferiority complexes. ENJOY THE RIDE!!!!

Poor PAnther...thou shalt not judge being a newbie, if you were more versed in regards to
this forum, you would know I bleed black...

After all, Konerko and I cut our wood from the same tree

scoon

Quote from: jim on October 17, 2005, 11:43:51 PM
After that top of the 9th rally tonight, the Cards are riding some high-volume momentum.  It'll be interesting to see how the series finishes up in St. L.  

I don't care as long as it ends in 7 games... 

I see Paul's point about the Cards, but the offense still worries me. (see: last nite, top of the ninth)  The Sox pitching is hot and I see STL comparable to BOS.  Advantage SOX.

But, I don't think HOU's pitching is all that great.  Pettitte is done, that leaves Clemens and Oswalt.  The bull pen is shaky and I've not been impressed with Lidge yet.  If Atlanta had any bats they would have beat him in game 5 of the NLDS.  I see HOU comparable to LAA.  Advantage SOX.

Add into that a 7 game grind...

Paul Fuentes

We now have the matchup most unfavorable.  An equal pithcing staff.  My dollars stil ride on the pale hose.  Defense wins championships. Edge:  White Sox.

DICK Allen fan

He swung a 42 ouncer////what a big stick

scoon

Keep in mind the "big sticks" of Houston couldn't win it in 17.... no, no, no, it took 18 innings to go to the NLCS.  And that was a fluke home run against Atlanta's piss poor bull pen.

My ouija board says that won't happen again.

Clemens is old.  Pettitte is old.  Oswalt only lasted 7 innings.  7!   Seven isn't nine.

Ouija says... wait... say it ain't so buck... say it ain't so...

- Shoeless Scoon

Bear

The Sox are hungry, we dont have any overpaid crybabies (even Frank came
around). They play the game hard and smart, your heart will be in your throat many times
however I predict....

Sox in five