News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

WHITE SOX WORLD SERIES SWEEP CHAMPIONS!!!

Started by Paul Fuentes, October 26, 2005, 11:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurto

Quote from: Guy_on_Clinton on October 28, 2005, 10:15:16 AM
"I've been to U.S. Cellular fka Comiskey and watched a baseball game."

was that on half price monday.... you and the 16 other people in the stadium.....   besides eveyone knows REAL baseballl does not include the DH......  

SOX SUCK .... AMERICAN LEAGUE SUCKS....

GO CUBS 2006!!!!!

The past two World Series and numerous recent All-Star games would suggest the American League does not suck as much as you think.
The Cubs have as much of a chance of getting to the world series as Kerry Wood does of getting through a season without getting hurt.
The most efficient form of birth control is to spend a Saturday afternoon at North Riverside Mall

Bear

Yup it's basically drunken children at Wrigley...
and I bet you Chub fans don't even know the
name of the sox fan who planted the ivy there
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

dukesdad

Just left the Sox victory rally downtown. Boy, those 6 Sox fans sure multiplied fast. Must have been mostly Cub fans masquerading as Sox fans just so they can see what a victory rally is like. Saw Ronnie Woo Woo there, he was going through the trash picking up aluminum cans.

Ana

Hey Cub fan, can't come up with an original thought?  I heard the "cell" joke already.  Sloppy seconds, as usual.

And Guy, it was a baseball game nonetheless.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

BlackDog

The White Sox are the best team in baseball!!  Until the Cubs learn to play as a team (without the Divas) and drop the elitest attitude, they will never win.  Grinder ball RULES!!

Guy_on_Clinton

Five Chicago sports fans were climbing a mountain one day.  Each was a fan of a different Chicago team and each proclaimed to be the most loyal of all fans to their team.  As they climbed higher, they argued as to which one of them was the most loyal of all.

They continued to argue all the way up the mountain, and finally as they reached the top, the Blackhawk fan hurled himself off the mountain shouting, "This is for the Hawks!!!" as he fell to his doom.

Not wanting to be outdone, the Bulls fan threw himself off the mountain, proclaiming, "This is for the greatest team of the 90's!!!"

Seeing this, the Bears fan walked over and shouted, "This is for DA COACH!!!", and leapt to his death.
The two remaining fans just looked at each other in stunned silence.

After a minute, the Cubs fan shouted, "This is for everyone on the North Side!!!" and pushed the Sox fan off of the mountain.

thanks..... ;D

SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

franklin train

Hey art,

Dont get mad... I know... the truth hurts!  :-*

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

Quote from: Bear on October 28, 2005, 11:27:35 AM

I bet its the same moron who dressed his team in shorts, played a midget at short, and put a shower in center field (you know, soap is expensive on the south side). ;D :D

Drunken fans??? Louis Schmude anyone?????????

And if getting pummeled by the Royals en masse wasn't enough for the imbecile, he violates his probation (miracle he got it in the first place) by breaking into a car at a pizza joint in...........HARVEY!!!

I think he's now being referred to as Mrs. Schmude!!!!!!!
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

Quote from: Guy_on_Clinton on October 28, 2005, 04:16:04 PM
After a minute, the Cubs fan shouted, "This is for everyone in Chicago!!!" and pushed the Sox fan off of the mountain.

thanks..... ;D

;D ;D ;D
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

Ana

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Bear

Quote from: P-PANTHER on October 28, 2005, 07:02:45 PM

I bet its the same moron who dressed his team in shorts, played a midget at short, and put a shower in center field (you know, soap is expensive on the south side). ;D :D

And if getting pummeled by the Royals en masse wasn't enough for the imbecile, he violates his probation (miracle he got it in the first place) by breaking into a car at a pizza joint in...........HARVEY!!!

Panther... your deep disturbing dark side shows you don't know the answer to the Ivy question...
If you can not give the correct answer to such a rudimentary baseball question, it only enforces the lack of knowledge that chub fans
have of the American pastime...You are only a drunken paris hilton blonde type showing your brunette suburban roots, the core female of Chub baseball....male chub fans will go for anything that moves, if they can get away from their play station or blackberry, but all male
Chub fans look like the Loop radio dancing guy, things must be tough there in Orland and Tinley if that is the best you can attract.

And not one ONE chub fan has answered my question
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Paul Fuentes

Bear:

Why waste you time on morons.  They are all newbie fans that jump on anything trendy in a heartbeat.  They gave no loyaltly.  In fact, they omit the fact that is the historic existence of the respective franchises, the Cubs have only outdrawn the Sox on a consistent basis since 1984. 

C'mon loser on Clinton.  If the DH rule is the only argument you have, you have this (my fngers run across my chin) meaning you have shit.  If you have a point to prove, make it by winning a meaningful series.  Your choke against the Marlins is the second most memorable sports moment in recent history.  Blame it on Bartman if you so desire.  Bottom line THIS SOX team, would get past that shit and still win the game.

I am the first to admit that position by positiion, ON PAPER, you and many other franchises have had seeimingly better teams.  But for you to not even give kudos to a team that only lost one game in the postseason is a true definition of your understanding of baseball or any other organized sport. 

The team that hoists the hardware at the end is always the best team. For someone who is backed by one of the deepest wallets in baseball, your focus should be more on the failures of your own front office rather than crouching your fat ass between the Berwyn weeds to lay your crap on my front lawn.  Take care of your own back yard before you crap on mine.

Paul Fuentes

WIZARD

Jeez it's been awhile, last I wrote were the Sox were gagging!  Well congrats to the other Osvaldo, and to all the White Sox fans!
This is the best thing to happen to the Cubs... Tribune is considering selling the Cubs. I worked for that company for many years and all they care about is the bottom line.  They're stock is bottoming out, thank god I left before the mess started.  But back to your beloved White Sox.  This had to be the worst day in my life, seeing that ticker tape parade!  The company I work for now supplied Pizza and had the event on the board room giant screen.  In my lifetime I have seen the White Sox and Cardinals win the World Series, our arch-enemies!   Dear Lord, please bless the Cubbies with a World Series ring... my dad is 77 and has yet to see the Cubs in the World Series!

Ozzie (the other one)

Ted

After reading all these postings, it looks like the chip on the shoulder has been transferred to the north side of town.

take care
  ted

Quote from: Bear on October 28, 2005, 10:25:38 PM
Quote from: P-PANTHER on October 28, 2005, 07:02:45 PM

Panther... your deep disturbing dark side shows you don't know the answer to the Ivy question...
If you can not give the correct answer to such a rudimentary baseball question, it only enforces the lack of knowledge that chub fans
have of the American pastime...You are only a drunken paris hilton blonde type showing your brunette suburban roots, the core female of Chub baseball....male chub fans will go for anything that moves, if they can get away from their play station or blackberry, but all male
Chub fans look like the Loop radio dancing guy, things must be tough there in Orland and Tinley if that is the best you can attract.

And not one ONE chub fan has answered my question

If only we knew the same amount about baseball (or played the same amount), even if it isn't my favorite sport.

I guess the rest of your diatribe questions my sexuality/masculinity. If so, I consider the source. If I were you, I'd walk a few blocks to the nearby tanning salon on Windsor and spend a few schekels on the pasty faced complexion instead of spending your nights front row left of center at City Council meetings. Maybe hit a dermatologist and/or dentist along the way as well.

Now I suggest you go back to the trailer park and finish the rest of your Falstaff's.  

I stand corrected, Louis Schmude IS NOT the Sox fan in question. He's the guy who was beaten to death in the holding cell in the Bridgeview courthouse. Maybe Mr. Fuentes can help me out here with the guy who cowardly attacked Tom Gamboa. Frank Kostouros represented this moron, who got paper on an agg batt.

Very hard to keep my white trash straight!!!!!!

Quote from: Ted Korbos on October 29, 2005, 08:54:01 AM

After reading all these postings, it looks like the chip on the shoulder has been transferred to the north side of town.

take care
 ted

Ted,

I've lived on both sides of town (hate to admit it). The chip is, was, and ALWAYS will be south of Madison.

NA SE KALA!!!

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on October 29, 2005, 12:07:15 AM
Bear:

Why waste you time on morons.  They are all newbie fans that jump on anything trendy in a heartbeat.  They gave no loyaltly.  In fact, they omit the fact that is the historic existence of the respective franchises, the Cubs have only outdrawn the Sox on a consistent basis since 1984.  

C'mon loser on Clinton.  If the DH rule is the only argument you have, you have this (my fngers run across my chin) meaning you have shit.  If you have a point to prove, make it by winning a meaningful series.  Your choke against the Marlins is the second most memorable sports moment in recent history.  Blame it on Bartman if you so desire.  Bottom line THIS SOX team, would get past that shit and still win the game.

I am the first to admit that position by positiion, ON PAPER, you and many other franchises have had seeimingly better teams.  But for you to not even give kudos to a team that only lost one game in the postseason is a true definition of your understanding of baseball or any other organized sport.  

The team that hoists the hardware at the end is always the best team. For someone who is backed by one of the deepest wallets in baseball, your focus should be more on the failures of your own front office rather than crouching your fat ass between the Berwyn weeds to lay your crap on my front lawn.  Take care of your own back yard before you crap on mine.

Paul Fuentes

Mr. Fuentes has a valid point. PAPER doesn't win championships. On paper, the Cubs have three players (Lee, Ramirez, Garciaparra) more talented than ANYONE on the Sox roster. On paper, Corey Patterson is more talented than ANYONE on BOTH sides of town. On paper, the Sox BEST starter would be no better than a fourth starter on the North Side.

All of this doesn't mean SQUAT. The Sox are world series champs and the Cubs were awful (relatively speaking).

The Sox GM realized he needed a legitimate leadoff hitter and got one, even if it took him 5 years to figure it out. Jim Hendry has been pulling our chain on this isssue for the last two years.

The Sox GM realized he needed a DP combo that could, first and foremost, FIELD the damn baseball, seeing that SS and 2B are two of the most important defensive positions in the game (granted, it took him 5 years to figure it out). Hendry gave us Garciaparra and Walker, arguably the WORST defensive DP combo in baseball.

The Sox GM realized he needed a catcher with REAL defensive skills, even if he's rather ordinary overall. Hendry has stuck us with Barrett (the guy who doesn't know how to execute a damn run down) the last two years.

The Sox GM realized he needed LEGITIMATE fourth and fifth starters. We're stuck with Maddux and Rusch.

The Sox GM realized he needed 4 other arms in the bullpen outside of the closer. The Cubs GM gave of the infamous law firm of Wuertz, Wellemeyer, Liecester, Remlinger, Bartosh, and Ohman, not one of which deserved to be in the major leagues.

The Sox GM realized there are several universal truths in baseball: speed, defense (particularly up the middle), and pitching (and I mean depth 1-5 in the rotation and ALL through the bullpen) wins. The mope on the North Side is still trying to figure it out.

I don't care how good your superstars are (and an argument can be made that Derek Lee was the best player in the game this year), your team is only as good as its weakest link, and the Cubs weakest links should have been in Iowa. The Sox weakest links played instrumental roles in winning a World Series (Crede, Marte, Uribe, Ozuna, Harris, Blum, El Duque).

Lastly, the Sox hired a managerwho HOLDS HIS PLAYERS ACCOUNTABLE and fully understands that in the playoffs, you need to win TODAY because there may not be a tomorrow. We have Dusty, the only manager in history who was 5 outs from a World Series championship (with a 5 run lead) one year and five outs from a World Series berth the next, and BLEW BOTH OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on October 29, 2005, 12:07:15 AM
Bear:

Why waste you time on morons.  They are all newbie fans that jump on anything trendy in a heartbeat.  They gave no loyaltly.  In fact, they omit the fact that is the historic existence of the respective franchises, the Cubs have only outdrawn the Sox on a consistent basis since 1984.

Wrong!!!

Outside of appx a decade in the 50-60's, the Cubs always drew better, save for new Comiskeys inaugural season.

Chicago is, was, and always will be a Cubs town.

Demographics tells you as much. Take a look at a Chicagoland map next chance you get and compare the population density on the North and South sides. NO COMPARISON!!! Many more people on the North Side, hence many more Cubs fans. Maybe a simplistic argument/viewpoint, but I believe its valid.

And don't come back with the Wrigley is the REAL draw garbage. If that's the case, then why are the Cubs perennial leadres in ROAD attendance? Why is HoHoKam Park ALWAYS sold out in spring training? Why is the Cubs convention ALWAYS sold out? That garbage Wrigley Field is the draw theory propounded on the South Side and born out of the well known inferiority complex simply does not stand up to even the most intermediate level of factual scrutny. 

dukesdad

Who gives a shit about attendance...except maybe the Tribune company. Unless you're a huge Trib stockholder, forget attendance and worry about what happens on the field. Did I mention the Sox just won the World Series?