News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

WHITE SOX WORLD SERIES SWEEP CHAMPIONS!!!

Started by Paul Fuentes, October 26, 2005, 11:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

Quote from: dukesdad on October 29, 2005, 10:38:53 AM
Who gives a shit about attendance...except maybe the Tribune company. Unless you're a huge Trib stockholder, forget attendance and worry about what happens on the field. Did I mention the Sox just won the World Series?

I didn't bring up the issue wiseass, somebody else did!!!!

And it goes to the ultimate issue of the well documented inferiority complex.
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

franklin train

;D I love it! Its bandwagon time! Now that the sox won everyone is a die hard. Go buy your sox jerseys and caps. ::) I heard one person say that they hope ozzie doesnt go back to mexico and retire. ha haa. ??? wtf.

Guy_on_Clinton

i heard another guy say that they hope Magglio resigns next year.....

;D
SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Ted Korbos on October 29, 2005, 08:54:01 AM

After reading all these postings, it looks like the chip on the shoulder has been transferred to the north side of town.

take care
 ted

Ted,

Check out the VERY FIRST post in the thread. I think that's all you need to know.
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

franklin train

After reading the first thread i think.... ewe.... skid marks  ha!

Ana

Quote from: franklin train on October 29, 2005, 11:09:09 AM
;D I love it! Its bandwagon time! Now that the sox won everyone is a die hard. Go buy your sox jerseys and caps. ::) I heard one person say that they hope ozzie doesnt go back to mexico and retire. ha haa. ??? wtf.

don't you know that everyone who speaks spanish is mexican?   ::)
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

WIZARD

The other Ozzie is from Venezuela, the Berywn Ozzie (me) is from Illinois, I'm a diehard Cubs fan, born that way.  Lived most of my life an outcast in the southside of Chicago.  Worked at WGN Radio for 25 years, handled radio sales for the Cubs.  They only care about the bottom line at Tribune!  SELL THE CUBS!!  They have to be worth a half billion now.  When this Ozzie retires I'm headed to North Carolina, I hear the weather is perfect!  I for one am not jumping on the Sox Bandwagon... "we'll be fixed in oh-6!"

Cubman Ozzie

Ted

Quote from: P-PANTHER on October 29, 2005, 09:01:43 AM
 After reading all these postings, it looks like the chip on the shoulder has been transferred to the north side of town.
take care
 ted
Ted,
I've lived on both sides of town (hate to admit it). The chip is, was, and ALWAYS will be south of Madison.
NA SE KALA!!!

Hey vre,

It might be a good thing if the Cubs did have a collective chip of their shoulders (organization, players and fans).  I think one of the reasons the Sox did well this year was because the organization (starting with Kenny Williams) acted like they had a chip on their shoulders and were pissed off at losing. Willliams brought in manager with the the same attitude as well as some players who had chips on their shoulders (e.g. A.J. Pierzynski, Carl Everett, Jermain Dye, Scott Podsednik, El Duque, Bobby Jenks, Joe Contreras).

I think if the Cubs organization and players developed a "chip on their shoulder" attitude and started getting pissed off at not being in the World Series in 60 years, something might happen. Same with the fans. If Cub fans started getting pissed off at all those years of losing and developed a chip on thier shoulder (rather than being the happy, lovable losers) something might happen.

Demand excellence and winning and something good might happen.

Yasou,
'Raki

Quote from: Ted Korbos on October 29, 2005, 08:38:21 PM
Quote from: P-PANTHER on October 29, 2005, 09:01:43 AM
take care
 ted
Ted,
I've lived on both sides of town (hate to admit it). The chip is, was, and ALWAYS will be south of Madison.
NA SE KALA!!!

Hey vre,

It might be a good thing if the Cubs did have a collective chip of their shoulders (organization, players and fans).  I think one of the reasons the Sox did well this year was because the organization (starting with Kenny Williams) acted like they had a chip on their shoulders and were pissed off at losing. Willliams brought in manager with the the same attitude as well as some players who had chips on their shoulders (e.g. A.J. Pierzynski, Carl Everett, Jermain Dye, Scott Podsednik, El Duque, Bobby Jenks, Joe Contreras).

I think if the Cubs organization and players developed a "chip on their shoulder" attitude and started getting pissed off at not being in the World Series in 60 years, something might happen. Same with the fans. If Cub fans started getting pissed off at all those years of losing and developed a chip on thier shoulder (rather than being the happy, lovable losers) something might happen.

Demand excellence and winning and something good might happen.

Yasou,
'Raki

Ted,

The Cubs having a collective chip on their shoulder would be anathema to the relative status of both teams in town. The Cubs are the marquee franchise and the Sox are, or were at least until this past Wednesday, the ugly stepchild. It's not meant as a slight, but rather a statement of fact.

Additionally, that chip doesn't guarantee success. The Sox have ALWAYS had it and it only took them 80+ years to win a Series. The Yankees NEVER had it and win Series like its going out of style.

I'm a firm believer that you're treated much the same way as you carry yourself. If you think of yourself as the ugly stepchild, thats how people will perceive and treat you. The Cuns problem isn't image, it's a management that tries to stroke us at every opportunity. The Cubs didn't have a chip in 2003 either and were 5 outs from the Series. The difference in the teams was that when Prior in game 6 and Wood in game 7 started disintegrating, a manager like Ozzie would have brought in Matt Clement and/or Carlos Zambrano (see El Duque in the Red Sox series). Dusty gave us the likes of Dave Veres and Antonio Alfonseca. The rest is history. ONE smart managerial move and the Cubs would have been 2003 World Series champs. Instead, our toothpick chomper was totally outmanaged by McKeon, Ozzie sat, watched, and took notes, and 2 years later won a Series. Dusty the imbecile is still trying to figure it out and scratching his head.

P.S. Easy on the Greek. My translator isn't always available. Yasou I know. Vre and raki I'm still researching.

Ted

Quote from: P-PANTHER on October 30, 2005, 07:20:07 AM
P.S. Easy on the Greek. My translator isn't always available. Yasou I know. Vre and raki I'm still researching.

I'm surprise you don't know what "vre" means.  It is sort of the slang equivalent of the English word  "guy" or "dude".

'Raki is short for Theodoraki, which is a slang form of my name in Greek (the formal name would be Theodoros).

Take care
  Ted

Quote from: Ted Korbos on October 30, 2005, 07:48:44 AM
Quote from: P-PANTHER on October 30, 2005, 07:20:07 AM

I'm surprise you don't know what "vre" means.  It is sort of the slang equivalent of the English word  "guy" or "dude".

'Raki is short for Theodoraki, which is a slang form of my name in Greek (the formal name would be Theodoros).

Take care
 Ted

Why are you surprised??? I know a smattering of many languages, but it's just that, a smattering.

YA'SOU is universally known. Sort of like SALUTE, gin don, zhiveli, etc.......

For the rest, I needed to consult with my SOURCE, and he tells me...........................

1. Vre is a gender neutral slang term (usually directed to males) roughly equivalent to "hey you".

2. Raki is............................Cretan moonshine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Theodoros means..............GOD'S GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is my source off?

Ted

Quote from: P-PANTHER on October 30, 2005, 10:30:44 AM

Why are you surprised??? I know a smattering of many languages, but it's just that, a smattering.

YA'SOU is universally known. Sort of like SALUTE, gin don, zhiveli, etc.......

For the rest, I needed to consult with my SOURCE, and he tells me...........................

1. Vre is a gender neutral slang term (usually directed to males) roughly equivalent to "hey you".

2. Raki is............................Cretan moonshine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Theodoros means..............GOD'S GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is my source off?

Your source is pretty much correct, although about the word "vre",  I think a better translation of "hey vre"  is  "hey dude" rather than "hey you"

Theodoros is the Greek translation of the name Theodore (actually Theodore is the English translation of the name Theodoros). It comes from two Greek words = Theos, which is the Greek word for God, and doros, which is the Greek word for gift. So, Theodore does literally mean God's gift.

Raki is a type of alcohol.   But it is also a shortened form of the name Theodoraki (the last 4 letters of the name) and Theodoraki is an informal/slang form of the name Theodoros.

take care
  ted

[/quote]
Panther... your deep disturbing dark side shows you don't know the answer to the Ivy question...
If you can not give the correct answer to such a rudimentary baseball question, it only enforces the lack of knowledge that chub fans
have of the American pastime...You are only a drunken paris hilton blonde type showing your brunette suburban roots, the core female of Chub baseball....male chub fans will go for anything that moves, if they can get away from their play station or blackberry, but all male
Chub fans look like the Loop radio dancing guy, things must be tough there in Orland and Tinley if that is the best you can attract.
And not one ONE chub fan has answered my question
[/quote]

Drunken??

It's not MY face that is perpetually red as a beet.

Suburban brunette??

Nothing suburban about me my man. I'm not the one showing off my classic car at SUBERBAN auto shows. Nor do I hawk cheap t-shirts.

ORLAND and TINLEY are YOUR (south) neck of the woods, not mine. Now go back to mowing your lawn and finish your Old Style.

Bear

Quote from: P-PANTHER on October 30, 2005, 01:54:26 PM

Panther... your deep disturbing dark side shows you don't know the answer to the Ivy question...
If you can not give the correct answer to such a rudimentary baseball question, it only enforces the lack of knowledge that chub fans
have of the American pastime...You are only a drunken paris hilton blonde type showing your brunette suburban roots, the core female of Chub baseball....male chub fans will go for anything that moves, if they can get away from their play station or blackberry, but all male
Chub fans look like the Loop radio dancing guy, things must be tough there in Orland and Tinley if that is the best you can attract.
And not one ONE chub fan has answered my question
[/quote]

Drunken??

It's not MY face that is perpetually red as a beet.

Suburban brunette??

Nothing suburban about me my man. I'm not the one showing off my classic car at SUBERBAN auto shows. Nor do I hawk cheap t-shirts.

ORLAND and TINLEY are YOUR (south) neck of the woods, not mine. Now go back to mowing your lawn and finish your Old Style.
[/quote]

My Oh My...such hostility from a woman, I pity your significant other, but it is unlikely that you have one, your flagrant and aggresive
postings over a baseball series conclusion show a deep dark side of what is important in ones life, you have truly twisted reality into
an oversprayed bad hair-do situation, However, being a kindly and forgiving person, I will allow you to ammend your past transgressions by making a fine meal for me
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Paul Fuentes

Whoaaaaa!!

The Panther has not only been outed as a guinea, but as a female as well.  IT was YOU wearing the shiny satin shoes at the Tooty and th One-Two-Tree....you ELmwood PArk Magdalene.  LOL!!!

As said by Ajax in "Warriors"..."you look like you'd even like it".....

GB Paulie Walnuts

P.S.  I thought that was you on the AFF.