News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Two Sons Restaurant

Started by Boris, March 25, 2006, 06:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcm1112

Quote from: seebee on September 13, 2011, 11:49:06 PM
Quote from: The Jackal on September 13, 2011, 03:09:06 PM
Here's a suggestion seebeee....don't eat turkey when you go to diners and fast food joints...probably will save you a ton of agita.
I don't think so. I normally test the waters first as I did here. I used to like this place specifically FOR the turkey. There are plenty of diners and fast food joints that take pride in their product. As far as I can tell, Tastee Corner Cafe does not take pride in theirs when it comes to turkey.
Here's what I was sold:

http://www.lthforum.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=32049&p=387854#p387854

And in fairness, I was singing praises for Two Sons in that lth thread, and also in this thread as well.
So, just beware the turkey if you think of turkey as meat from a bird, and not a yellowish, gelatinous, mixture of chemicals, like Tastee Corner Cafe, Subway, Potbelly, and Mr Submarine.
The photos are terrifying.

Bonster

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

pcm1112

Quote from: Bonster on September 14, 2011, 09:19:43 AM
:D

Food scares you?
I suppose it depends on your definition of food.  I'm thinking Michael Pollan would have a problem with that stuff.

seebee

Food is a very broad term.
IMO, turkey is not a very broad term that is open to interpretation.

pcm1112

Quote from: seebee on September 14, 2011, 09:38:49 AM
Food is a very broad term.
IMO, turkey is not a very broad term that is open to interpretation.
I was referring to the facon. 

Bonster

Quote from: pcm1112 on September 14, 2011, 09:32:58 AM

Food scares you?
I suppose it depends on your definition of food. 

food:  Any non-liquid I can shove down throat and pass with the aid of Metamucil.

pcm1112

Quote from: Bonster on September 14, 2011, 10:04:54 AM
Quote from: pcm1112 on September 14, 2011, 09:32:58 AM

Food scares you?
I suppose it depends on your definition of food. 

food:  Any non-liquid I can shove down throat and pass with the aid of Metamucil.
Gotcha...(disregard Pollan reference)

Crunchie

Seebee, those photos of the faux-turkey from LTH made me lose my apetite. That is some nasty shit, and I agree with you, stores/restaurants should not refer to it as 'turkey breast', or anything similar. Maybe 'turkey product', so you at least have a chance to dodge the bullet.

Good Time Charlie

Thanks CB for the LTH posts. That was a real knock out punch! I was going to try it but not anymore. Sounds pretty bad. Keep the reviews coming.

seebee

Don't discount them having other great food. I can only speak for the "turkey" and facon that I was given. The soup was actually pretty good.

binchen6

Taste Corner Cafe -was out this morning at the trainstation and handed out fresh coffee and a bag with hummus+Pita and Baklava.
I see lots of people don't like their food but I have to say we have liked it when it was the old duct-tape-booth-place and I like it better now with the new look they have. I am pretty excited for the option to have middle eastern food options. I love the places in Oak Park and I hope their Hummus and Tabouleh will be good. Will try it as soon as possible.

It's nice to have other options than just pasta in town.

Bonster

What middle eastern food options have you tried there?

I had their Mexican skillet and it was a four-yolk beast, just like Two Sons.  Luckily, chorizo is something you can get away with using turkey for since they add a shitload of jalapeno (to the dish) for heat.  If you a want bacon, sausage and ham skillet forget it.  I'll have to try their corned beef hash skillet next.

seebee

Quote from: binchen6 on October 18, 2011, 01:28:53 PM
Taste Corner Cafe -was out this morning at the trainstation and handed out fresh coffee and a bag with hummus+Pita and Baklava.
I see lots of people don't like their food but I have to say we have liked it when it was the old duct-tape-booth-place and I like it better now with the new look they have. I am pretty excited for the option to have middle eastern food options. I love the places in Oak Park and I hope their Hummus and Tabouleh will be good. Will try it as soon as possible.

It's nice to have other options than just pasta in town.
Middle Eastern food? This could be great news if it can last! I'll try and grab a menu today - I'll be driving right by on the way to the Y.

seebee

Menu in hand...
Hummus plate- 4.99
Fattoush - 4.99
Tabouleh - 4.99
Kefta - 11.95
Chicken Tawook - 11.95
No descriptions on any of these, but among the eggs, pancakes, paninis, gyros, burgers, and pastas, that's the sprinkling of Mid Eastern stuff. Maybe I'll pop in for breakfast, and ask them why no falafel, shawarma, or baba gannouj, and see what she says. Maybe her eyes will light up. Indian food has gotta be around the corner now - maybe a few years, but it's gotta be coming.

The Jackal

Quote from: seebee on October 18, 2011, 06:22:19 PM
Menu in hand...
Hummus plate- 4.99
Fattoush - 4.99
Tabouleh - 4.99
Kefta - 11.95
Chicken Tawook - 11.95
No descriptions on any of these, but among the eggs, pancakes, paninis, gyros, burgers, and pastas, that's the sprinkling of Mid Eastern stuff. Maybe I'll pop in for breakfast, and ask them why no falafel, shawarma, or baba gannouj, and see what she says. Maybe her eyes will light up. Indian food has gotta be around the corner now - maybe a few years, but it's gotta be coming.

Meatball

Crunchie

Congratulations, Seebee! It is a rare occasion indeed when you can make 2 consecutive posts without any turkey/mayo complaints. ;)

Bonster

Menu in hand...
Hummus plate- 4.99
Fattoush - 4.99
Tabouleh - 4.99
Kefta - 11.95
Chicken Tawook - 11.95

Mutant

The Jackal

Quote from: Crunchie on October 18, 2011, 09:55:08 PM
Congratulations, Seebee! It is a rare occasion indeed when you can make 2 consecutive posts without any turkey/mayo complaints. ;)

LOL...I have a suggestion-lets BAN any and/or all turkey and/or mayo (real or imagined) related products in Berwyn...PERMANENTLY!

seebee

Quote from: The Jackal on October 18, 2011, 09:47:07 PM
Menu in hand...
Hummus plate- 4.99
Fattoush - 4.99
Tabouleh - 4.99
Kefta - 11.95
Chicken Tawook - 11.95

Meatball

I know what these are being a lover of Mid Eastern eats, but there was no description on the menu. The kefta and tawook are listed under "specialties" with no description. I'm assuming it's an entree, but no mention of rice, pita, sauces, etc.

pkd50

For a Berwyn breakfast, I'm stickin' with Connie's