News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Noisy Neighbors??

Started by Fer, May 07, 2011, 07:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fer

He seems like a great guy and has followed through on every bit of communication so far, via email & phone.  He seems committed to really helping us...
"Life is short. Enjoy it."
J. Sullivan, 7/28/06

PamF

4 AM!  OH MY GOD; I would have gone absolutely bat-shit crazy if that happened to me.  You are a saint.....or much more tolerant than I.  Good luck with these aholes.  I'm guessing you don't much like the nice weather as that encourages them to hang out outside.

Fer

You're right about the weather. As I've been thinking for awhile now, it's going to be a looooonnngggg summer!

But, good news. Sassetti tracked down the owner of the home (who lives out of state now...used to reside there).  The owners were absolutely appalled at what's been going on.  When Sassetti told them they could be fined for allowing these tenants to continue to wreak havoc, they were a bit alarmed.  I'm wondering if a visit from the owners might be happening in the future...   

And I've enjoyed seeing the video van thing parked in front of their house the last two mornings as I've left for work.  As I mentioned to Officer Sassetti, the action there always takes place in the back yard and/or garage...but he said that it sends a strong message to these a-holes.  (Well, he didn't use those exact words...)

So, again, he encouraged us to keep calling, and so far, I'm very happy that the BPD seems to be on our side and they are doing what they can! 

J. Sullivan, 7/28/06

buzz

Quote from: Fer on June 14, 2011, 07:27:43 AM
They have two cars up on blocks behind the house, and a nice big couch on their front porch.  Classy, huh?
I drove by tonight.  I had no idea you were just a block away.
That sofa would look much better under the windows, facing the street.  Dontcha' think ?   ;)
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

Fer

Buzz, I've thought the same thing.  They should also add a nice end table, and a reading lamp for those late nights they have!   ::)

If you want to see the real action, cruise down the alley.  They were out there again last night; got started around 9 p.m. or so.  They weren't tooo, tooo, loud.  But I did tell my neighbor it was her turn to call Berwyn's finest.  I was able to fall asleep.

I haven't checked yet to see if the video surveillance vehicle is still in front of their house, but clearly, it didn't make a bit of difference to them last night.

The battle continues...
J. Sullivan, 7/28/06

Diona

Good for you, I hope that the BPD & the owner can get those jerks out of the house so you all can have  decent nights sleep again.

PamF

They just don't seem to care and don't have a clue do they?  I will never understand rude people who do not think anything they do might impact others around them!  Is the sofa exposed to the weather?  If so, wouldn't that be a blight issue?

Fer

We thought it would be a blight issue, too.  But it's not, technically, according to Officer Sassetti. 

I'm actually hoping that the friendly neighborhood cat we know will go and pee on it.   I'm going to suggest that to him next time we see him cruising around the block...

And the video van was still out there again this a.m.! 

J. Sullivan, 7/28/06

Bonster

I don't mind furniture on a porch, but when it's clearly indoor furniture it has be subject to moisture, mold, mildew, etc. 
There's one on the porch next door to me; doesn't look blight-y, but looks indoor-y. 
Last time I smelled it it was OK.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Berwyn Patsy

Time to write up some new Berwyn ordinances, I'd say!  Couches/indoor furniture sitting outside
On front porches, how does that look for marketing Berwyn housing?

Fer

Yep, that's what we were thinking.  Would YOU want to buy a house next door to jerks who have couches on their front porch?  And crappy cars in the back of their house? 

And the couch had to get soaked the other day in all that rain...I'm sure it smells great. 

J. Sullivan, 7/28/06

Berwyn Patsy

I would check with the blight dept.,one more time.  It just does not seem right that, that kind
Of decor is not in violation of something?  Mold, mice maybe even the homeless are using it.

buzz

Quote from: Fer on June 17, 2011, 10:32:09 AM
I'm actually hoping that the friendly neighborhood cat we know will go and pee on it.
Maybe that's why it's out there.
They're just "airing" it out for a while.

pcm1112

It does look trashy.  It really sticks out considering the other homes around it are so well maintained.  Was the couch always turned toward the house like that or did they do that so they could sit out there while they are being surveilled?

buzz

Fer, what's happening now that the surveillance is gone ?

Fer

Actually, it's been pretty quiet this week, after the surveillance truck was out there for the entire week last week.   But the weather hasn't really been conducive to hanging out in the yard, either.  I wonder what next weekend will bring.

We are having family in from out of town, and we will actually be enjoying OUR yard and back porch for a change. 

Should be interesting. 

What is everyone doing over the 4th of July holiday, now that there are no more fireworks?  And, is there a parade anywhere around here?  Since I have relatives in Homewood, we've been going there for the last few years during the day on the fourth for their parade.  But we'd like to skip that this year and stick closer to home.

Speaking of 4th of July, when I was a kid, 4th of July was as big of a holiday as Christmas!  I grew up in Dolton, and the huge parade down the main street (we lived just off of it) and the carnival a few blocks away were the absolute highlight of the year.   What great memories...

J. Sullivan, 7/28/06

MRS. NORTHSIDER

I noticed that the couch is now gone!!  My husband and I walked by there yesterday and it was still there so they just must of either taken it in (yuck) or tossed it.  Since it's the 29th maybe they'll be out of there with the rest of their belongings by the 1st.  You can only hope.  It does sound like they've been made known that they're definitely not welcome with the lifestyle they keep.  Good for you.

Fer

Yep. I didn't notice it last night, but saw the porch empty this morning.  I love your optimism, Mrs. N.!   If only they'd start packing up their shit...

Officer Sasetti did contact the out-of-state homeowners & he must have blown in a call to our pals next door.  It has been quieter, and oh, we can only hope they'll be outta here soon. But, I have a feeling there will be much mirth and merriment this weekend.

We are having family in from out of town staying here, and we actually plan to be out in our yard for a change and perhaps enjoy ourselves!  I hope they don't muck it up...

J. Sullivan, 7/28/06

curly

Call the police this way these people will think twice and know the neighbors don't put up with their crap. If you leave it alone it will only get worse.

~LL~

Quote from: curly on July 04, 2011, 10:51:07 PM
Call the police this way these people will think twice and know the neighbors don't put up with their crap. If you leave it alone it will only get worse.

Well said.  Wish more people would actually do as you suggest - since one can remain anonymous and still get good response and results from PD.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.